Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

3.8

Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), PPG-5, Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid, Isobutyl Acrylate, Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Mel (Honey), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Born With It 015 is still my favourite lipstick after all these years. I flirt around with other brands and shades but I always keep coming back to this. However there are a few cons with this shade. First, it contains a lot of glitter, very chunky. Second, it's quite frosty and cool toned when you apply it straight from the bullet. I fix these 2 problems by using a lip brush to apply it. That way, the colour is warmed up (it turns into a warm pink) and it will go on more smoother and softer. The third problem is and I find this applies to all Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks is that it goes off very quickly. Like after a year or two, the lipstick will start to smell a bit like almonds, applies very dry and little sweats will start appear on the lipstick. I don't think Maybelline adds enough preservatives or enough oils in their lipsticks which is why it goes off so quickly. I had to throw out a lot of my Maybelline lipsticks because of this. It's still a very popular shade because it's still on the shelves and Maybelline always discontinues shades that don't sell well.

Buy a lip brush (Revlon make a good one) and it will look amazing. It's worth the extra hassle.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I usually have a hard time finding shades of lipstick that I feel look good on me, and this is the first one where I've thought "this is my color!" Probably because it really is close to my natural color but with some "glitter" added to it. It doesn't seem to last super long, but when it's on it's nice and creamy. I don't mind re-applying! I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but it doesn't bother me.I would like to find more colors like this :)

To Read all 175 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Really nice nudy shade, not for me though. If you're looking for MAC's Cremesheen - Cremecupe dupe, I think this is fairly it. Affordable price and nice smell. It's not that long lasting.

on 2/22/2016 11:01:00 PM

I was looking for a dupe for mac's angel /cream cup found it maybelline born with it is pretty close I should know I swatched them next to each other a very pretty nude pink it has shimmer in the tube but on the lips u don't see it long lasting great with a smokey eye and for a gal on a budget........and that's my review

on 10/2/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It has taken me awhile to come to a conclusion about this lipstick. Some days I love it, and some days I really dislike it on me. (Kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry dates this one girl who looks gorgeous in some light and hideous in other light...but I digress)
Anyway...this literally looks like a MLBB color some of the time, and other times it makes me look like I should be one of the walkers in Walking Dead. I am NW 15-20/ I can't decide if it is because of the golden glitter in the lipstick, or simply because it is so light. I love the texture, don't care for the smell and the packaging is OK. It is non-drying and comfortable to wear, so thankfully I can change it a lot with lip liners, so it certainly will not go to waste. At this point, I will not repurchase....UNLESS I come up with a lip liner it looks so great with, I will have no choice but buy another.

on 9/12/2015 12:24:00 PM

as soon as I put this lipstick on I looked in the mirror and thought "that's my perfect colour" it looks gorgeous on my pale skin tone and pigmented lips. I'm not a fan of the smell and just wish it lasted longer, I find that I always need to reapply even after 20 mins of not eating or drinking. However I can't go past the colour of this. It really is beautiful. I'm going back to buy a few more so I don't run out!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am NC10 in MAC shades (basically albino with a yellow undertone). A lot of people suggested this lipstick and MAC's creme cup. To be honest I had seen this shade before but something always looked off about it. And then upon further investigation, I learned it had a ton of shimmer. That alone was enough to kill my desire of buying it.

But I bought it today and surprisingly enough, the shimmer doesn't bother me at all. I have chronic dry lips and glittery/shimmery formulas are usually a disaster on them. Maybelline makes great lipsticks though, and the formula is so moisturizing that I don't even notice the shimmer. (Edited 7/28/2015 to add: I'm wearing this lippie today & after applying it I inspected my lips closely in the mirror. I really can't see the shimmer on my lips once applied. I know shimmer is DEFINITELY without a doubt in the formula, but I'm really pleased it doesn't emphasize the awful texture of my lips. So that's great.)

With that being said, I'm not loving the color. On my pasty pale skin this is actually a medium warm nudey pink. It's darker than my preferences. I'm sure it's a light warm pinky beige on everyone else...but I'm not going to be reaching for it unless I have a spray tan applied. Hence why I put "yes" for repurchasing, this isn't a bad product. I suppose if they did make lippies light enough for my skintone they'd be stark white for the majority of the population.

on 7/5/2015 8:16:00 PM

Luv the price point of this lipstick but I am too fair to pull this off by itself. Looks fantastic when I go all out w/ with smokey eye & bronzer its not a swipe on & go kind of lipstick color for me... Also needs some Chapstick under it

on 5/5/2015 12:40:00 PM

This is a really nice nude pink mlbb kind of shade...the only gripe I have with it is the glitter is fairly chunky and large, not really a subtle shimmer as I was expecting. I feel like because of the glitter it tends to dry my lips out faster than a lipstick would without this kind of glitter and I don't usually have dryness problems with my lips.

It is a great shade though, but I probably won't be buying again as I would like to find a shade similar to this minus the glitter.

Pros
-beautiful pink/nude shade
-I like the crayony smell these lippies have
-simple/sleek packaging

cons
-glitter is not my favorite, could do with less of it in this shade!

on 3/31/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been looking for light pink sans shimmer, or with just a little shimmer, that I can wear everyday. I would also like it to be a drugstore lipstick that won't be too expensive or difficult to find. I really wanted to love this. It was a pretty pink, but I found the color to be a little more frosty than I wanted. The quality is pretty good, though. I hope I can find something I like in the Color Sensational line.