3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

This shade is a bit too light pink & sheer for my NC10-15 coloring, I have to wear a lip liner and/or another lipstick shade with it or my thin lips have no shape. I do like that it is smooth going on and comfortable to wear, and can wear it as a blush. I have other lipsticks that are a more flattering shade than this one though, so I won't be repurchasing it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

This is my favorite drugstore lipstick, well pretty much my only favorite drugstore lipstick! This is a beautiful light neutral pink with some pretty sparkle in it. It looks good on me (nc10). I also like the smell of these lipsticks!

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

from

2 years ago

I've really been going to town lately on lipsticks. I marked I would repurchase this shade. That just means I really like it, because I'm nowhere near finishing a whole lipstick, considering how many tubes I have in my makeup case. That said, this shade is super pretty. It's sort of halfway between a light and medium shimmery pink. It gives a MLBB affect with maybe a touch more pink. The creamy texture is very comfortable and coverage is completely opaque. If you read my reviews, it might seem like I keep buying the same nude/pink/mauve/rose/ MLBB shade over and over again. That's probably because I am. I'm always looking for the perfect one - the HG. I should probably settle down with one of these and be happy. At the very least, I should settle down with one lipstick long enough to use up a tube! I don't know. I guess the chase is part of the fun!

About reviewer (533 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

I typically buy darker colors but wanted to try something lighter. The Color and formula are nice but for me this color is too pink.. I have fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair at the moment and this color is definitely too light for my skin tone.....

About reviewer (1037 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3 years ago

Born With It is the "just right" shade of lipsticks - It's a light pink but not overly cool or warm toned. I'm fair skinned but IMO this could probably work on just about any complexion. - It's natural looking: almost a My Lips But Better, yet pink enough, creamy enough, and shimmery enough to clearly be makeup - The silvery glitter is shiny enough to catch anyone's attention yet subtle enough to not look overly frosty I do have to reapply it but honestly it's so gorgeous and cheap I don't even care!! Even if you don't like pink lipstick, this is soft color could suit anyone! MAKEUP HACK: Use this as a blush and highlighter in one. The pink pigment makes my cheeks look flushed while the glitter mimicks the glow of highlighter!

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

Lovely pale neutral pink lipstick with a satiny, slightly glossy finish. This isn't scary, concealer-lips pale, but definitely a lighter pink that is reminiscent of MAC's Angel but with a bit more moisture and not quite as long-wearing. This has a hint of frost to it, but not too much. It really looks pretty natural as far as lipsticks go. I am not a fan of cool-toned pinks but this definitely does not cross that line. It doesn't turn peachy orange nor does it have any mauvey or purple hues. Very straightforward pale pink shade that I think would flatter many skintones. As I mentioned, the formula is a bit glossy but still opaque. The staying power, as such, isn't insanely long but then again I can't think of many non- matte lipsticks that fall into that category. It's a catch 22, wanting lipsticks to be both moisturizing and long-wearing. I had to apply this after eating/drinking but otherwise it stayed put. Like all Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks, this was a home run and left me wanting more, which if you've seen my makeup collection probably isn't a good thing.

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Born With It 015 is still my favourite lipstick after all these years. I flirt around with other brands and shades but I always keep coming back to this. However there are a few cons with this shade. First, it contains a lot of glitter, very chunky. Second, it's quite frosty and cool toned when you apply it straight from the bullet. I fix these 2 problems by using a lip brush to apply it. That way, the colour is warmed up (it turns into a warm pink) and it will go on more smoother and softer. The third problem is and I find this applies to all Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks is that it goes off very quickly. Like after a year or two, the lipstick will start to smell a bit like almonds, applies very dry and little sweats will start appear on the lipstick. I don't think Maybelline adds enough preservatives or enough oils in their lipsticks which is why it goes off so quickly. I had to throw out a lot of my Maybelline lipsticks because of this. It's still a very popular shade because it's still on the shelves and Maybelline always discontinues shades that don't sell well. Buy a lip brush (Revlon make a good one) and it will look amazing. It's worth the extra hassle.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I usually have a hard time finding shades of lipstick that I feel look good on me, and this is the first one where I've thought "this is my color!" Probably because it really is close to my natural color but with some "glitter" added to it. It doesn't seem to last super long, but when it's on it's nice and creamy. I don't mind re-applying! I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but it doesn't bother me.I would like to find more colors like this :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

Really nice nudy shade, not for me though. If you're looking for MAC's Cremesheen - Cremecupe dupe, I think this is fairly it. Affordable price and nice smell. It's not that long lasting.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I was looking for a dupe for mac's angel /cream cup found it maybelline born with it is pretty close I should know I swatched them next to each other a very pretty nude pink it has shimmer in the tube but on the lips u don't see it long lasting great with a smokey eye and for a gal on a budget........and that's my review

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinOther, Other