3.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 years ago

Not bad for a conditioner. Nice thick consistency with good slip, but I don't think it was as moisturizing as it claims. The scent is really strong; my roommate loved the scent and I find it tolerably fruity, but others may find it overpowering. I have wavy hair and while I don't think it got rid of frizz enough, I did feel like it protected my ends well from damage. I wouldn't repurchase it unless I had no choice; there are some nicer conditioners at the same price.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

I smell this conditioner ALL the time. It smells super duper yummy and fruity. Garnier always makes great smelling products in my opinion, they don't seem to strong for just shower use. Anyway, this conditioner INSTANTLY softens my hair. After washing all the product buildup out, my hair feels tangly and hard. This conditioner is a miracle worker, I kid you not. A second later I could run my fingers through my hair. I am very picky about products that weigh my hair down(it's curly and short- what do you expect?) But this never has! Makes my hair feel so health but not weighed down. Just be sure to rinse completely.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Makes my thick temperamental hair so sleek and shiny! Haven't found a conditioner that works as nice as this one in my experience. Though the slickness of it on the shower floor will nearly make you break your neck and it seems to be loaded with silicones. BUT it's been a few months since I started using this and my hair is just as soft and as nice so I'll go with it until I find a good silicone-free substitute.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

I have tried a lot of salon products and keep coming back to this. For my hair, it's comparable to Redken All Soft at a fraction of the cost. I'm pretty sure it's a "cone-free" product as well, and that it leaves my damaged hair so soft without silicone is pretty amazing.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

5 years ago

This is the conditioner I always go back to and trust to do a good job! Having curly hair, I need a lot of moisture and slip in a conditioner and this has just that. My hair comes out so soft and conditioned and the slip is absolutely amazing! I just coat my hair with this and finger detangle gently and all the tangles just come right out instantly. Best conditioner I've ever tried :)

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

The conditioner is best used with the shampoo, imo. I got this free as part of a three part set as a giveaway at the drug store. I'm always a little wary of Garnier Fructis products because they are LOADED with silicones, but this product is different. It has lots of fruit oils which are light and leave the hair light and super shiny. I still have to use the heat seal for protection, but the conditioner itself is rich enough to coat the hair with 1 tablespoon. Wow - because my hair is super dense, thick and wiry. I like the fact that it does not clump in the hair but spreads out evening and is instantly conditioning and makes a comb through super easy. It rinses out quickly and I could see the shine in my hair before I even dried it. I did still use my heat seal but my hair turned out super shiny, no discernible smell (a good think) and easy to press out. This. is a yay for me

About reviewer (365 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

Best conditioner

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

1.0

6 years ago

Man, it's such a shame what they did to this conditioner. I really used to love it. Since it seems to be almost impossible to find the updated ingredients online, I'll try to post them from the bottle when I get the chance. For now, I do want to note that isopropyl alcohol--rubbing alcohol--is now the sixth ingredient, just behind fragrance and amodimethicone, and significantly ahead of any of the so-called "nutritive oils." At concentrations this high, it doesn't so much as aid in the absorption in the oils as it does just kind of dissolve them.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

Best drug store conditioner EVARRR. So glad I tried this! Thought I'd have to use Matrix Sleek Look or Nexus Pro-Mend forever becasue I was spoiled by them. This is totally on par in my opinion!! Will repurchase forever.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

FUN FACT about this conditioner for anyone who also uses Garnier's box haircolor...the little conditioner packet in the box is this stuff. That might be a well-known thing, but I'm still excited about it. Anyway... I was in search of a 'cone-free conditioner and the only one I had on hand was leftover conditioner packets from my Garnier box haircolor days (like 4 months ago). I saved them up since I used a higher-end conditioning masque when I colored my hair in the past. My hair has never felt better! I color my hair every 4 weeks and use heat tools, so it takes a bit of a beating, but this has helped! I normally get a greasy scalp within 24 hours of washing and recently became a redhead (which means only washing 2x a week), but ever since I started using this, I haven't even had to touch my dry shampoo between washes! My hair is softer, actually feels stronger and healthier, and does not get greasy, which might be partially due to no longer having silicone build-up in it. It just feels like it's finally getting the moisture it's been deprived of because of my usual dimethicone-heavy conditioners. However, recent reviews I've read indicate that Garnier got stupid and reformulated it with a silicone as one of the top ingredients :( Sometime within the past year or two, which is an absolute shame, hopefully there are still some of the old formula bottles out there. Be sure to check the ingredients if you buy, just in case---especially since Garnier has a tendency to residue/grease up shower and tub floors like no other, at least every product of theirs that i've come in contact with. I will probably use it as a weekly conditioning treatment and nothing more because of that, IF I can get my hands on an older formula bottle. UPDATE 2/9: I just found a bottle of the old formula 2 days ago, so they are still out there! Just checked the ingredients and the 'cone (I believe amodimethicone is the one) wasn't in there. I'd suggest a place that might not be super popular with selling beauty products (I found mine at a local grocery store). Good to know the older formula isn't completely gone yet!

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure