MAC Cosmetics Media lipstick

MAC Cosmetics Media lipstick
Media l/s with Bazzarish l/gMedia lipstickMedia lipstick

4.4

on 8/29/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Media looks beautiful: a deep wine purple that can be worn safely in daytime and make a statement at night. As someone else here rightly observed, it is for those on whom Rebel is too bright. I think it will be flattering on most people with deep winter coloring.

My only gripe is that it can look patchy, so it requires some layering after some time. Otherwise, it is a fantastic lipstick.

on 1/3/2018 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I picked up this lipstick for a discount. It normally retails at $17.50. The color is a stunning deep red wine shade and has a satin texture. It has a super smooth application and lasts for a pretty long time considering that it is not a matte shade. I would absolutely repurchase this color.

on 10/10/2017 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My HG fall/winter makeup product.I absolutely love this deep wine color.It’s not too purple like Instigator or too red like Diva,it’s a perfect blend of both shades packed in nice satin finish.I love satins for cold weather since mattes really dry my lips out.I pair it with MAC lipliner in Dark out but it would look amazing with Nightmoth as well.All in all gorgeous shade with an amazing formula that is million times easier to apply than mattes are.For a night out I pair it with a bit of NYX lip butter in Black Cherry Tart.For mornings I apply it and blot which leaves gorgeous wine stain.All in all an amazing shade,by far my favourite from Mac.

on 10/2/2017 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Gorgeous fall color!!! Lasts a long time for a regular lipstick. The color payoff is amazing!! Def going to purchase this one again!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Media is a dark, vampy red-leaning purple that goes on fairly opaque in one coat and can be built up to its true-to-bullet colour. It is technically a satin but looks quite matte on me and it is comfortable to wear, with reapplication only needed after a heavy meal. I think this is a good choice for anyone looking for a dark statement lip who isn't quite ready to jump straight to black or dark brown. It has the typical MAC vanilla scent. As much as I like it, I probably wouldn't repurchase it as the colour is probably dupeable from the drugstore and the staying power/comfort haven't wowed me. Now if it could survive a burrito, that would be a whole different story...

on 11/2/2015 7:10:00 PM

When I want a vampy lip, this is the color I instantly reach for. I don't use any lip liner with it, yet it stays in place and is very opaque. I am always complimented whenever I wear it!

Rich, russet, deep! Media, you are mysterious, sexy, vampy, classy & require immediate attention to meticulous detail. She is a myriad of blackberry, burgundy, black & satin. Reunite her with MAC Burgundy lipliner. Wear her shrouded in black w stilettos. You are an ingenue worthy of flirtation, smacked with sex appeal, reeking of leather & lace. You are my obsession, my muse. I must keep you, never must we be apart! How does it feel to be the prettiest girl in the room??
Okay, seriously...!!
This is a light hearted review intended to describe my new fave lipstick! Media is the perf Fall/Winter 2015/16 color. I use an elf lip brush to smooth out the edges. Sooo beautiful & unique to my collection. I am in lurve!! MAC rarely disappoints me. I like this w MAC Burgundy or MAC NightMoth. Stunning! Im a huge nudes fan so this is a major deviation for me. It truly is beautiful. It is a little goth but it can be sheered out for a stain or I can use MAC Clear Lipglass over the top. Mine is fairly matte, tbh it doesn't look like the pix posted, it is more matte/black on me. I'm going to try very hard to get some seriously perfect black liquid eyeliner wings, mascara very black which I've received an awesome sample of in 2 MAC orders. Simply lovely!!

I really, REALLY love the color of this lipstick, but this is a pain in the butt to use. It took me three or four layers to get a moderately opaque layer of lipstick on my lips, and no matter what I did, the very center of my lips never matched the edge. Also, it creased! The creases of my lips were black because of this lipstick, like I had little lines running vertically through them. It wasn't attractive.

The lipstick lasts a long time, but I can't seem to make it look good. I applied with Mac's lip primer, then the lipstick went on with a brush. I blotted between each application.

I didn't dry out my lips. I just couldn't get it to not crease, and I couldn't get an even application. Will be looking for dupes on this one.

Of all Mac's dark lipsticks I like this and dark side this is a pretty color it has a plum undertone its really nice I wish it was a matte.

on 1/27/2015 9:04:00 PM

This lipstick would be perfect if it wasn't for the problems I had with the formula! I usually love MAC satin finishes, but this one is simply too patchy and applies too unevenly on the lips. The color is gorgeous and my ideal fall/winter shade, but I can't make it work due to patchiness. I recommend the slightly darker matte shade Living Legend if you can get your hands on it- it has even coverage and has a great wear time.