Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting
Complexion Primer Potion - Pore PerfectingEnter Title

3.0

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

on 7/12/2017 1:03:00 AM

I had high hope for this product. I have tried it at the back of my hand pre-purchasing this product. Personally I like slightly thicker and creamier primer. So I thought this would be a nice alternative for my all time favorite Dior primer. Or so I thought.

It blends easily which was a good first sign. It also covers up some redness on my skin which is also good. However, it doesn't really smooth the pores. Which is why I purchased this primer in the first place. Then oddly this primer doesn't really extend the life of my foundation. After 4 hours oil tends to go through the foundation and separate the foundation from my skin.

Please note: I tried this primer sparingly on the area I needed more help and on the whole face. Both technique didn't really make a difference.

on 7/11/2016 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this one after reading so much praises here n there. It was no help at all - be it in the air conditioned or outdoor with 100% humidity. it didn't work anywhere. I was sweating more instead as it was clopping the pores. I prefer Tarte pore perfecting primer. Tarte works much better than Urban Decay. I would never buy this U/D primer again.

on 1/5/2016 12:51:00 PM

I surprisingly quite like this primer, but I have only used it with the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation so far, so I'm not sure how it would work with other foundations.

PROS
1. You can visibly see the product smoothing your skin and pores as you apply it, it also helps to reduce the appearance of redness and blemishes
2 - It helps make the Naked Skin Foundation stay put on my face all day
3 - It hasn't affected my acne prone skin

CONS
1 - I feel you need to use quite a lot of this product to cover your entire face which is annoying because you don't get a lot of product for the price
2 - It has a strange consistency, it's quite thick and more like a balm, so when you put it on your face I have to wait at least 5 minutes for it to dry and settle before applying foundation.

I feel the pros out way the cons with this primer and would definitely use it regularly if it wasn't so expensive

on 11/26/2015 1:35:00 PM

I am a primer addict! I have been using Benefit Porefessional Primer for over a year now but eventually i decided to step out into the world of primers and see what it had to offer me.

I bought the naked skin concealer from urban decay and got given a sample of this. I tried it and it was FANTASTIC. Right up there with the Porefessional, dare i say even better. For me and my combination skin its a tough call with primers, i need something that wont break me out, keeps me matte but not flat and prolongs the wear of my makeup.
This does everything! I only powdered once today and my makeup still looks great on my skin! This really keeps my foundation from going blotchy or clinging to my dry patches. My skin just looks smooth and quite matte still and its 7:30 in the evening!
The price is a tiny bit more than i would like but i think its worth it!
So far, LOVE THIS!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The worker at Ulta, when I asked if they had any porefessional pirmer in stock, recommended this primer to me. He told me that it did exactly what the porefessional primer does with more product and a smaller price tag, so I excitedly gave it a go! This product does not work for me. My pores seem MORE noticeable with this primer on. It is really thick and makes me feel like I'm going to break out from wearing it (although I have not). I prefer the silkiness and thickness of the Benefit Porefessional™ primer

only primer i will EVER use on my face. love this. makes my pores vanish and keeps my UD naked skin foundation on all day.

on 11/25/2015 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am one of the few who actually like this. I bought it specifically for spackling my huge pores. Laura Geller's Spackle doesn't work as well as this. Benefit's Porefection doesn't even work as well as this. If there is one even better that isn't a pro product I certainly haven't found it. That and the fact that it's vegan is more than enough to make me a loyal user.

on 7/2/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I must admit, purchasing this product was an impulse buy before going on a beach getaway. I was looking for a primer that #1 would not break me out (I'm sensitive to silicones..whyyy did I have to have oily skin?!) and #2 keep my makeup intact.
The good news is that it does not break me out but of course, with no claims of oil control or mattifying, it does very little to keep my oilies at bay. I would say after a day's wear of makeup, I may not look cakey..but I am super dewy, not in a good way.

I do prefer this primer to the green Smashbox one, as it's cheaper. I actually like this primer quite a bit, unlike a lot of the reviews here, haha.
I have combination skin so dry in some, oily in others. This does a good job of setting my makeup and my makeup does not get cakey throughout the day. Either it's the products I've been using recently, or just the primer, but my pores look nonexistent when I'm done with my makeup. I like this, but I'm still trying to find that perfect primer for me. But I bought the tube and I'm definitely gonna make use of it!

I have the old formula of this and it's white instead of peach. The old formula works better at holding my makeup, but my tzone gets oily within the same amount as if I didn't wear it. If it was the old formula, I would still buy it in a heart beat. I tried the new formula and hated it. It is not the same at all. In fact, I even got oiler with it. Why do they change formulas? Ugh. Still trying to find a good primer.