GUERLAIN Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

Filtered by age: 30-35
GUERLAIN Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10
Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10Meteorites Poudre de Perles Nacre Des Mers 10

4.8

on 12/1/2009 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm a huge Guerlain Meteorits fan - I've got the balls in Mythic, Beige Chic & Pink Fresh. So since I love these gorgeous little balls of fantasticness I purchased the pressed powder as a general illuminating powder. I must say - it doesn't disappoint - I think it's a good blend of the Mythic & Beige Chic balls - an illuminating powder with a hint of brown.

I like to mix this with a bronzer for my T-zone (I think it just lifts my face) or I apply this under my blush to lift & highlight my cheekbones. I also really Love, Lurve, Luv the violettes scent that accompanies Guerlain Meteorites powders - I know, weird hey?!?!

I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this pretty powder - I also like that the compact is a screw on top & won't break like to many of my other compacts have with the little calsp; however, I would've liked a mirror to accompany it & the compact is quite bulky so it doesn't fit into my handbag make-up kit very well - oh, well them's the breaks However, still a complete winner in my books!!!

on 10/9/2009 1:46:00 PM

I have been a fan of this product in the loose ball form for many years. I don`t always buy it due to the price, but I also find that when I do, it lasts me forever. Wanting to try something new I purchased this for $70 CDN, but I was expecting to pay a lot, so the price wasn`t that surprising to me. Unlike some reviewers here, I love the scent of this product, and it dissapers almost immediately, I have never been able to smell it durning the day at all. I`m not sure what some people expect this product to do for them, but when you look at the color and texture of the product it should be obvious that this isn`t a full coverage or even light coverage powder. This is a highlighting powder only, and can be used in a few different ways. If you want a sheer illuminated look then sweep a few layers over your completed makeup. I find that it gives my face a nice glow and enhances the color of my blush, making it look somewhat irredescent, but not enought to alter the actual color. I use my shadow brushes and apply the powder under my eyebrows or over my existing eyeshadow color and, again, it offers a very pretty enhancment. I have also used the powder over my lipstick and achieved a really nice shimmer. Using a sponge I get a more concentrated amount and use that to highlight my cheeks and temple area. I always notice this product is working because my skin looks illuminated, like is has an inner glow and that is what it`s meant to do, provide subtle highlights. The price is crazy, but the product will last you a long, long time. I would ask to have the powder applied first at the counter, wear it for a few hours and see what you think before making a purchase.

Me: NC15, Combo Skin.

I had been wanting this one since I first laid eyes on it online. I debated a while - I already have the balls in Mythic, Beige Chic & Butterfly Pearls and the Voyage Meteorites in Mythic. Finally, I just ordered it and have been waiting patiently for close to 2 weeks for it to arrive.

Thoughts: This compact is huge, extremely thick and I'm having a hard time seeing the point in the case being so thick. Maybe someone can explain it to me. It's pretty, dark bronzy color on the sides and bottom while the top looks like a light coppery pink with seashell looking accents.

It is a screw on lid which I find annoying. It has no mirror which is also annoying. If you're going to make something this huge then at least put a mirror in the damn thing. Especially considering the $65 price tag.

I am more than willing to overlook those few shortcomings now that I have seen and used the actual powder. This stuff is gorgeous. It has a shimmery overspray which pretty much came off after the first swipe of my big brush. But the powder itself is infused with a very subtle shimmer.

It ranges in shades from a very light fleshtone, to apricot, to a light mocha with an aqua green correcting shade in the center.

I swirl my brush over the top and pick them all up at once. It feels like velvet on the skin and once applied truly lives up to what the bottom of the compact says "Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder". Gives your skin a polished healthy glow.

PS - This does have the signature Guerlain candied violets fragrance which dissipates as soon as it's applied to your face. I happen to love the scent but some people don't so it's worth mentioning.

on 5/28/2009 2:50:00 PM

My first Poudre de Perles, this LE is absolutely great ! I am a fan of the Meteorites (I have the 3 colours) and as other reviewers have said, the shade is a very light neutral beige, lighter than Beige Chic and more highlighting too. Great for toning down slight redness. It should suit many skin types as it can be used used either as an all over powder for fairest skins (like mine) or as a delicate highlighter for darker skins. I really think they should add it to their permanent collection.