Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Envy Perfect Curl Cream

4.1

This stuff is amazing! And I’ve tried TONS of curly hair products! I got this in my Ipsy bag and I’ve sadly ran out, but it’s definitely worth repurchasing. I have wavy/curly hair, more so on the curly side but without the ringlets. (too much straightening, darn it) My process for this is basically brushing my hair out before I shower, wash it, then lightly squeeze out the water from my hair-the less you touch when it’s wet, the less frizzy it’ll be- then apply about two quarters worth and distribute to the ends then scrunch the remaining in near the crown. I have little longer than shoulder length hair so that’s why I use so much. It gives such a great shine and bounce without looking crunch or weighed down. Must for curly hair people!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this until now, maybe I thought it was too good to be true.
But I've repurchased and repurchased, and there's a reason: this works better than any curl enhancer I've tried, and I've tried dozens.

I have past-shoulder length hair, thick, loose waves, and frizz prone.
This enhances wave, creates a piece-y, but polished look.
If I get compliments on my hair, it's because I've used this.

The only reason I don't use it all the time, is I don't it to stop working due to my hair building up a tolerance to it (if that can happen).

Note: don't mistake the "curl cream" for this, as I saw one reviewer did.
I've tried this and it does nothing.
But curl envy is HG status.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried A LOT of products to boost and defrizz my waves/curls. This is the best one I've tried so far, including a few high end products. For $10 Canadian, I will always make sure I have a bottle of this stuff on hand. It makes nice soft curls, with NO CRUNCH! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because there is still a bit of frizz, so it's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go to curl creams, the other is Beyond The Zone noodle head. I use this with a bit of gel for curls and gently finger it through damp hair, I put the cream and gel mixture on my ends and the kind of middle of my hair, the length of it and then I use just gel near the crown and part. I air dry 90% of the time. It works really well for me. It leaves my curls soft but defined and there's not a residue or gumminess. I have really long 3a curls that are on the dry side and a bit fine probably from years of coloring. So happy this was recommended to me, it's been a staple product for about 2 years now.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I can't rave enough about this. I use only a small amt ( two peas) for my thick, coarse hair which is somewhere in between a 2A and 2b type curl. the smell is not at all unpleasant and doesn't linger long at all. I blow my hair dry on cold setting and it comes out smotth, slightly wavy and NO lingering fell of something in the hair.

For 9 bucks, I think it'll really amount to only pennies a day. A tube of this I estimate should last for 6 mos with daily use.

If I'm staying home for the day, I just apply it to wet hair, finger comb and twirl the curls a bit and let it dry. A pick lifts it nicely and the hair feels like just hair and it's not drying at all.

I do believe my search for a curly hair product is over.

So far, no scalp breakout either.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am a big fan of the Marc Anthony Strictly Curls line in general. I use the shampoo/conditioner and the mousse from this line. My hair naturally has the "scrunch" look to it, so somewhere between wavy and really curly although with the right product it's very curly.

Recently (since I am going grey :( ) I lightened my hair and my hair dresser used Olaplex so it doesn't kill my hair. However I noticed my curls were just not the same. . . my hair was very frizzy (like even more so than normal) and it just didn't look good when styled. So the colour was amazing, the styled result was not - at least not when I did it. When my hair stylist did my hair it looked amazing! Anyways, I talked to a few of my hair stylist friends who suggested I use a heat protect spray because I blow dry and some kind of curl cream, with less mousse. I previously tried the Marc Anthony Curl Defining Styling Lotion and it made my hair look flat and oily and I was not impressed at all! So I was very, very hesitant on this cream.

My friends convinced me that the two were not the same, and to just try it. However, this combined with a heat protect spray (I use tresemme thermal creations) makes my hair very smooth! It's so much less frizzy than before and it looks really good. It's only been a couple days, so can't say if it will be forever but I am very impressed with it. I also changed my hair dryer setting to be at the lowest one possible instead of medium. It might be the combination of everything, but this definitely played a part in it.

The smell is different than most of the products from this line, but it doesn't bother me one or or another. A little goes a long way - so where a couple reviewers said it felt heavy in their hair I could see that if you used a lot of it. I have hair just below my shoulders and there's a lot of it and a dime sized amount of this works very well so far. I also use the heat protect first, run this product through my hair and then put a little mousse in it. I then twist my hair in groups while it's still wet and then diffuse it. By twisting/twirling it before blow drying I found it helps me to get more defined curls.

Definitely enjoying this product - hopefully it stays that way as I do love this product line in general.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For years I have been searching for a product that was like Tigi small talk, but with slightly less cones and better hold. Small talk was almost perfect except for that, and with anything else I would have just mixed with strong hold gel and been happy. But small talk is incompatible with almost every other styling product in the known universe, so the search went on.

And so....we have this curl cream. Good hold, good frizz control, decent smell. Does not make my hair go limp yet also controls the pouf well. It does build up if used daily though...hence the 4 instead of 5.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Yowza! This stuff is magnificent!!!

I purchased this on a whim whilst shopping for products to tame my fro and lay the smackdown on my frizz and curls. It was so inexpensive I really didn't have any high expectations. Boy o' boy what a pleasant surprise this was! I used it on my damp hair when I jumped out of the shower. I did as instructed and scrunched my curls after application, then I threw my hair up into my turbo twist towel and went about my biz. When I removed the TT I was met with the softest hair and amazingly defined curls. Lemmie tell ya I so didn't expect such great results! My hair was also shiny and smelled lovely.

This is a great leave in and an even better curl definer. It beats expensive high end products such as Living Proof No Frizz leave in ($24). I didn't expect this to be a softener or conditioning in any way but it was/is. And its only $7!!! Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go to styling product. I've tried so many different lotions and creams for my 3b curls and this is the best one I've stuck with. It leaves my curls super soft, but also defined into that nice "S" shape. I find that my curl maintains throughout the day AND for 1-2 days after without washing (bear in mind I sleep on a satin pillowcase and "pineapple" my hair at night). The scent isn't very strong, which is great and feels nothing like a gel. I apply it on wet hair after the shower, raking it through large sections and scrunching up. Then I squeeze out extra product and water with a t-shirt. I do think it's a bit expensive for a drugstore brand, so I clear the shelves when it's on sale.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the ONLY product that has reached HG status for me. I'm very fickle when it comes to cosmetics and hair products, always trying something new and looking for something better. Once I found this product, my search has been over for a hair styling product. My hair is long, fine, thick and curly, with a huge tendency to frizz. I hate any amount of crunch. This gives my curls lasting definition, eliminates frizz, and NO CRUNCH! Perfect! I apply a quarter sized dollop evenly through my hair. Comb through with a wide tooth comb and dry with a diffuser. If time allows, I just dry partially and let it air-dry the rest of the way. I have lost count of how many times I've repurchased. I find it at Ulta and CVS, and it is relatively inexpensive. Ulta often runs a BOGO and I stock up. I start feeling anxious when I imagine this being discontinued!

Popular Styling Products