3.4

Reviews

1.0
from

a year ago

I hate to say this but this is the worst primer I have ever used. I have combination skin and pores that I like to minimise using primer. This product is not worth the £19 I paid for a small amount. It goes on fine but when you put foundation on top is when the problems start. It causes make up to stick and ‘clump’ onto skin and trying to blend becomes a nightmare. You can literally see the foundation across my jawline because it has stuck to the primer and wont blend onto neck. Absolutely terrible product. Same goes for pores around nose and on forehead. I usually only leave positive reviews on products I really like but I cant allow someone to buy this product which in my opinion is worse than poundshop makeup.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

This was recommended by the lady at the counter, but this did absolutely nothing for my oily skin. It made my foundation hard to blend and it appeared uneven. I didn’t rub it into the skin as instructed. Even when applying a light layer on the skin it doesn’t work. Very disappointed.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Was disappointed with this as it was highly recommended, it does slightly blur my pores but does nothing to control my oil. £19 for 15ml is not value for money if it doesn’t work and as an added con it can cause foundation to go patchy. Looking at the reviews it seems to either work amazing or not at all so would suggest trying before buying if poss. *Tip: Seems to have better success at blurring pores when applied on top of foundation Xx

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Bought this because it was on sale at £14 but normally I think it’s £16. I use it after I’ve done my skincare as a primer before I do the rest of my face. When on it’s very tacky but dries down matte. I don’t really know what it’s for but it does feel good and sets as a good base for foundation! Does reduce the size of my pores but nothing too dramatic

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

I got it because I wanted to fill pores around my nose since Studio Fix looks horrible in that area.It did nothing for my pores,it did help with oil control a bit and that’s why I’ll give it a 2.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

2 years ago

MAC just never goes far enough for me. I'm relatively new to MAC (five years) so I don't have that affinity that many seem to, not having grown up with the brand and perhaps using it exclusively at first. If they say matte, it's not matte enough. Long wear, not long wearing enough, relative to other brands and their claims / performance. This and the MAC Matte Cream are very similar. Very low oil control, very low at prolonging wear, very low at pore filling (Via matte. They don't claim pore filling.) This is more suitable as an all over, multi-benefit primer than Matte Cream.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

3 years ago

I do like this primer, it helps my make up glide over my skin smoothly and it helps to keep the foundation out of my fine lines and pores. I just do not like how little comes in the package. I feel like there is not enough product given. I am not one hundred enough satisfied to continue to use this one. I will continue my hunt for an amazing primer, but until then, I will use this one.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

I purchased this product after seeing Sharon Farrell recommend it as a primer for people with oily skin. I currently use the MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation in NC20 and it's great. Truly waterproof, it lasts until I remove it. I wanted to add the Skin Refined Zone treatment underneath as a way to combat oiliness. Unfortunately, the Skin Refined Zone treatment did the opposite of what a primer would do - it caused my foundation to rub off in patches that looked truly horrific! I didn't have time to redo my makeup, so I dabbed over the patches with a Beauty Blender and then powdered over it to set everything in place. When I arrived home 6 hours later, most of the makeup had been smudged off from my chin and from around my nose. This never ever happens to me, so it is purely as a result of this product. I'm not sure what to do now, as I've only used this as a primer once and will never do that again. I'll have to try using it as a nightly treatment and hope it does something useful. I might also use it on days that I go without foundation, purely to mattify my skin, because it did appear to do that.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Love, love, love this. Haven't found anything better that controls my oil (nose & forehead) and provides a great base for my foundation & bb cream like this. I use this on my entire face. I've tried cheaper alternatives, but no bueno. Be careful not to use too much or you'll get a chalky like finish.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

3 years ago

I have a crazy oily T zone. I use this on my nose and the middle of my forehead. My foundation in those areas now last or at least last a lot longer than they used to. Very happy with this product.

About reviewer (193 reviews)

Age44-55