Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 3/25/2016 3:50:00 PM

Took two months to see changes, but it worked.

I have short, very blonde, very straight, sparse eye lashes.

I applied less than one drop (for both eyes) every evening. By the end of two months I did notice my eyelashes were a little longer (I've attached a photo).

I have repurchased this item twice.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

having read the irrelevant, slightly alarmist review below, i felt compelled to rewrite my review. the other review, in my opinion, would be much better served in another forum...latisse performs as advertised. i know, because i've tried it. i actually prefer careprost.

latisse (or, if you prefer to go generic, careprost,) is marketed to enhance your eyelashes/eyebrows. i have experienced a significant amount of growth. also, despite the reviewer's claims that the product will not thicken your lashes, i suppose that depends on your definition of "thickness", right? spots where i had lost lashes due to an unfortunate scuffle with an eyelash curler are now filling in...and i consider that having thicker lashes, similar to having thicker hair if spots were going bald began filling in. i'm not sure if the lashes themselves are thicker, but who cares? there are more of them, which is akin to thicker in many people's eyes (including mine.) they do not have to be thicker in actual width to be considered "thicker".

i read the "article" posted by the reviewer, and to be honest...it's not that convincing. it's not a clinical study. the number of patients in each study and the length of the study are never mentioned, and it's quite clear that there are no definitive results related to latisse.

TL;DR: the odds are that the internet will support your own conclusions.

To Read all 332 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I Love Latisse! I remember reading up on countless reviews when I first heard about the product, to see if it really work/ was worth the money. I ended up purchasing the product and have no regrets. It took about 2 months for me to really see the growth. (Which is about the time the product says). Now that my lashes are at the length I like, I only have to apply 2-3 times a week.
Note: I have very sensitive skin, and I didn't have any problems.
I also attached a before and after photo above.

I use Careprost, the generic version. Totally worth it. I have always had very sparse asian lashes--basically I don't know anyone who has shorter and more sparse lashes than me! I've used careprost for half a year and will be using this forever, I'm pretty sure. My lashes will never be insanely full and lush, but i am still happy with the results.

on 12/22/2015 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am still giving this product 2 lippies because it totally works (I have used both this and the generic Careprost with identical results, btw). Yes, your lashes will get longer very fast, there is no question. It also works to help regrow over-plucked brows. It will make your lashes longer, but not thicker or darker, and I did not experience the dreaded eye color change or anything like that. But let me get to a little talked about, but very real, and much more common side effect which I did experience. PAP. Prostaglandin associated periorbitopathy. Let me translate: your eyes become sunken and hollow looking because the active in this drug dissolves fat around your eyes. So basically, you risk getting sunken, hooded eyes and deep tear troughs. This is not actually a surprise because physicians and patients have long noted this side effect in glaucoma patients (the exact same drug is used for glaucoma as for the relabelled Latisse). But you say "Impossible! this stuff goes on my lashes, not in my eyes" (different route). Well either there is transdermal absorbtion or some is bound to transfer from the upper lash line into the eye area, no idea. But the problem is real. You risk causing yourself to get deep, sunken tear troughs from this. Don't believe me? Check out this article written by a well regarded ophthalmologist:
In fact, it is so effective as a fat dissolver around the eyes, that sometimes this is actually considered a positive (as in when the patient has heavy fat deposits around the eyes it can directly applied to, yes, melt them). So why won't your doctor tell you about this? The sunken tear-trough thing? Honestly, he/she may not be aware. The drug reps certainly don't brag about this either. However, the other side of this is simply because that this product is big bucks. Allergen was basically able to re-patent by relabeling an old glaucoma med as a new lash growth serum. An easy sale because there is no doubt, you will get long lashes fast and be happy a camper in the immediate sense. Oh and they can sell you some filler too after your eyes become sunken, coincidentally also made by Allergen (the makers of Latisse). My guess is that as soon as this product is generically available in the US, the PAP side effect will become common knowledge.

I would only recommend Latisse to regrow over-plucked brows. The risk of getting dark, sunken tear-troughs is simply not worth it. I opted to get get filler to fix mine, which is pricey. Though I totally miss my long lashes and will never go through the hassle of fake lashes or extensions, Latisse is not worth it and I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

As long as I can afford it, I will buy Latisse. My esthetician had these super long eyelashes that I always thought were individual extensions. When she told me it was Latisse, I immediately bought some and the results are amazingly beyond words.

I have dark hair, dark eyes and olive skin. The ONLY con is that I noticed dark circles under my eyes for a month or so after starting. That goes back to normal and now, all I have are the most lush lashes anyone has seen. People think my lashes are fake, but honestly, my real ones are now longer than most fake ones. Little to no mscara does well for me, and if I use a lot of mascara it just looks like overkill. Latisse is a perfect way to wake up with beautiful lashes with no effort. A must buy if it's in your budget. I would even forgo an outfit for this, lol.

on 10/21/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used a 30 ml bottle and my lashes have done a 180. Gaps have filled in, lashes have darkened, are lush and long. I can use almost any mascara now and it looks great on, and I need less. Truly a miracle product. Has also worked on my brows. I use what's left on the brush on my brows and they have filled in and look fuller and darker.

I've already repurchased. I bought from Brilliant Distinctions and paid 100 dollars which was one of the cheaper prices I found.

Cons are that my undereye circles are darker and I have had itchier eyes but I have allergies anyway.

on 10/3/2015 10:26:00 AM

I started using Latisse years ago. I was skeptical at first because it seems nothing works on me like it is claimed (I swear it!) Latisse is a huge exception. I didn't use the brushes included because every review I read or watched agreed they just wasted product, for I believe at the time $130+, I definitely didn't want to do that with the very thin, runny liquid. So as suggested, I got a thin eyeliner brush and put one drop for each eye into the well on the cap (making sure to sanitize) I only ended up needing one drop for both eyes though otherwise it was dripping everywhere. It didn't burn my actual eyeballs if it did run in nor did I notice any smell. As instructed I used it every night before bed on clean eyelids. I still think I was a bit overzealous with use at first which made no difference in the amount of growth for me. I also used a tiny bit on the bottom outer corners of my lashes even though the instructions said top lid only.
The first things I noticed was a bit of itching right at my lashline, nothing too bothersome as to discontinue the Latisse and it went away in a week or two, and a darkness appeared in the exact place I applied the latisse at my lashline which did not go away until I ran out of the Latisse for a little while. When I began using it again I did not experience any itching or discoloration. It didn't bother me in the first place because it was a reddish-brown color which looked like I had a bit of liner smudged on. I have green eyes so luckily that particular color went well with my eyes and skin.
I had average lashes beforehand, nothing too short but required mascara to look good. I started to take photos every single week and was disappointed everytime there was no difference. I think it took two months for me to see any difference at all then it seemed practically overnight that my lashes became completely incredible! By the 16 week mark my lashes were to the top of my brow bone in length. The tips were no longer blonde, each entire lash was incredibly thick, curly, (my lashes had NEVER curled) and very dark all the way from root to end. It wasn't only that each of my lashes themselves were long, thick, curly and dark, I had so many more lashes. Where I maybe had one some places two rows of lash I now seemed to have 4! The bottom lashes were just the same and where I had put the bit on the bottom outer corner they looked extra pretty. I wouldn't say my eyelashes looked like false eyelash strips even with mascara on but maybe like I had some of those individual lash cluster things on. It eventually became difficult to do my eye makeup because of how much my lashes had grown, I loved my lashes so much I didn't even worry about it too much :) One thing I did not like was that long hairs had also started to grow in the inner corners of my eyes and on the outer corners the top and bottom lashes got entangled so there was no definition between the two. It was completely worth it to just pluck them out a bit.
Once the 20 ish week mark passed I started to get some small spots of missing lashes here and there. The Dr I got my prescription from had already informed me that this would likely happen every so often which eased my worries about them staying that way and they didn't for long. As for iris pigment changes having green as I do, or hazel eyes makes you the most likely candidate for it to happen which I did not experience at all.
After my second bottle of Latisse I switched to the generic brand and honestly have noticed a difference. My lashes are not as individually as thick or curly but are equally long and dark as when I used Latisse. I would recommend getting the brand name if you can afford it. I will never stop using this product!

Background: Like everyone else, I was on a quest for longer lashes. I had reached max results with castor oil, so I took the next step and bought [generic] Latisse from a sketchy overseas pharmacy.

Method: I applied it to the base of my upper eyelashes at night, using an eyeliner brush. I saw results at roughly the timeline listed on the package (progress at 4-6 weeks and max results at ~12). My bottle lasted a lot longer than advertised, but I can't imaging applying more without getting it in my eyes. I tried to be cautious about not overdoing it in case I got unwanted side effects.

Pros: My lashes have a nice curl, and are about 30% longer and maybe 40% thicker. They are a bit darker, though the tips are still blonde. They fall out a lot less. The lower lashes had similar results in spite of me not applying there.

Cons: There was initial redness and burning along the lashline, though that went away after a couple of weeks. I did develop a smattering of fine hairs on the outer undereye area, but I can't see them unless I'm looking in my 10x mirror. Also, when my eyelashes do fall out, it's a lot of them all at once, so I sort of feel like I'm starting over a bit. If I accidentally apply too much, my eyes are irritated the next day. No eye color changes, though.

Conclusion: I definitely did not get the bambi falsie eyelash results that other people have had. Again, this is possibly because I didn't apply enough? Or possibly because it was generic? For the price, though ($30), I feel it was worth it & I've repurchased. I'm especially satisfied with the results because i have the most sensitive eyes ever, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to complete the course due to irritation. That wasn't the case, though; in fact, I find it less irritating than the castor oil.

on 8/19/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It seems like after I turned 30 (4 years ago), my lashes have become shorter and lighter. Since I generally don't wear makup during the day (due to the nature of my work), I wanted to find something that would help my lashes grow longer and be more noticeable without makeup. I asked my dermatologist about Latisse durning my last appointment. Both he and the esthetician said it works amazing. So I decided to give it a try.

I purchased Latisse from my dermatologist for $100. I have no complaint on the price since I'm using this product purely for cosmetic reasons. And since I've found it to work amazingly well, it's definitely worth the price to me!

The first thing the dermatologist told me was to toss the applicators that come with it. I totally agree with him that they are garbage. The bristles are scratchy and the applicator is too big to precisely apply to drops. I have been using a fine point eyeliner brush to apply the Latisse, which works perfect.

To apply, I squeeze one drop into the cap. I then dip my liner brush into the product and line my up upper lash lines like I was applying eyeliner. I have found that one drop is plenty to line both of my eyes. That said, one bottle has actually lasted me a long time with daily use.

The first time I used it I did experience some burning/discomfort on my lids. Since I was pretty irritating, I waited a good four days to try it again. If It was going to continue to be unformatable to use, I wasn't going to continue using it at all. The second time I tried it the irritation was minimal, but still noticeable. So I waited another four days before trying it for one last time. After the third use I didn't notice and discomfort. I then started using it daily.

I have experienced a few side effects, however, they aren't bad enough to cause me to quit using it. The first thing I noticed after about a month of use was a slight dark line on my eyelids where I had been applying the product. Th darkening is incredibly minor, we are talking "tan/red", not black, blue or anything weird. Unless you were inches from my face, you would never notice it.

The second side effect I started to notice about three months after continued use: bloodshot eyes. It took me a while to figure out why I was waking up in the morning with red/bloodshot eyes. Once I finally realized it was from the Latisse, I debated discontinuing using it. But I found that OTC eye drops that "relieve redness" do the trick and make the redness go away. So I apply eye drops in the morning.

The results have been amazing! I've been using it for about four months now. The dermatologist warned me that I wouldn't see real results until about 11 weeks. After about 9 weeks I slowly started seeing longer lashes. And they have continued to grow longer.

I have noticed that my lashes arent all increasesing in length at the same rate. The lashes on the outer corner of my eyes seem to be growing a lot faster. Again, this is something that is probably only noticeable to me.

The huge benefit to having longer lashes is that my lashes look AMAZING with only minimal mascara. After one coat of mascara I have incredible length and beautiful lashes! The other benefit is that longer lashes are a lot easier to curl!

I completely recommend giving Latisse a try. Yes there are side effects, but for me the benefits outweigh the side effects.