Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Latisse Lash Growth Drops

4.4

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I swear by Latisse.

I had a couple of missing hairs in my eyebrow that made the left one look sparce. I went to my dermatologist in search of Latisse. For the appointment and the Latisse, in total it was around $200. A small price to pay for my beautiful brow to come back.

I went home and religiously began to apply the Latisse as instructed, every night. One drop on the sealed brush like applicator will be enough for whatever area you are looking to apply it to. Sure enough after about 3 weeks of use, hairs began to grow and fill in that spot.

It has now been 6 months of the last time I used my first Latisse bottle, and I still have hairs growing in that once missing, sparce area.

Highly suggest this product to anyone who is looking to grow additional hair in eyebrows or lashes.

Careprost (Latisse Lash Growth Drops)

This stuff is a miracle in a bottle! I actually used the cheaper product Careprost that I purchased from an authorized dealer on Amazon.ca

If you see my reviews, you'll see that I only like to review really fabulous products so here’s my story…

a friend who owns a spa asked if I’d like to be a ‘model’ for her technician to practice putting on eyelash extensions. So of course I said yes as I always wanted to try it but didn’t want to fork out the $90-$150 to try it. It was an epic fail. I ended up with about 10 extra lashes on each eye in random places and quickly began my quest for someone who could not only fix them but also up-keep them too. When I found that the cost would be anywhere from $40-$70 and would be every 3 weeks, I went looking to find a better, more cost effective/semi-permanent solution. I then proceeded to cut (with scissors-AHHH! Right?) the random added fake ashes off. (what a tragic mistake that was)

You should also know that I’m fake eyelash challenge in putting them on and often found in the past even while super carefully removing them they also remove some of my own lashes so fake is not an option for me. Approaching the age of 50, I have experienced a ton of make-up and cosmetic disappointments, so it’s super exciting to find a winner.

Enter Careprost and my ‘Eyelash Project’ - Ta-Da!

I applied the product morning and night as directed for 5 weeks and already saw incredible results. They say it really shows around 3 months after. My lashes, now 2 more months later are significantly longer! Easily double the length of my before! They are like extensions or false lashes. I now apply once to twice a week to maintain and bought more today just before leaving this review, as it’s too fabulous to go without ever again!

Note: This product did not make my lashes fuller, just longer. I haven’t tried on my brows as the bare spots were micro-bladed before I got my hands on this product.

Latisse did amazing things for my lashes when I first started using it: within a few months, my lashes were significantly darker and longer. I no longer needed mascara.

But after two years of use, it stopped working. Occasionally, I thought I saw a modest improvement in my lash length, but gone were the beauties from those first two years. I finally stopped using it and switched back to mascara.

I rated it two stars because of my initial results.

on 1/4/2017 6:06:00 AM

Three weeks ago I started using Latisse alternative - Careprost from OKdermo beauty store. At one week, my lashes seemed different. Mascara worked better and my lashes seemed a little longer. I thought, this is my imagination! Here I am at week four and the difference is simply incredible. My lashes are starting to actually sweep out in a cats eye look, are growing longer and darker and thicker, no side effects, i'm using curler for now. I use it on my eyebrows as well as they, like my stubby lashes were barely there and the eyebrow hairs are thicker and have grown about a quarter inch+and are darker and visible. This is big since I am fair haired and have fair skin and have never had visible lashes or eyebrows. I highly recommend this product and I can't wait to see my final results!

on 11/4/2016 9:39:00 PM

I hate how expensive this stuff is, but it really does work.

I think the applicators it comes with are awkward and waste product so I use a very thin eyeliner brush to apply it.

It irritates my eyes a little, and if I use too much I get purplish shadows on my upper and lower eyelids. But they do fade if I stop using it, and it's absolutely effective at thickening and lengthening lashes.

on 10/17/2016 3:20:00 PM

I used the generic brand from alldaychemist but I'm pretty sure both product act the same way since they share the same active ingredient. My short Asian eyelashes can now hold their own against other people's eyelashes! They definitely became longer, fuller, and darker. Of course, no review should be completed without cons and warnings.
1. I felt a pressure on my eye during the first and second week. It faded around week 3-4.
2. The area around my eye can get irritated so I used Aquaphor to soothe it.
3. Pigmentation on eyelids is a common side effect. For my skin tone, it looks like I'm wearing permanent eyeshadow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm actually writing on the generic version of Latisse called Careprost, which works just as well.

I ordered from Beautybylarkins.net and just wanted to get the word around about this website.

At first, I was very skeptical about this website. I decided to order it anyways. I read about the fast shipping from Beautybylarkins, but my order was taking forever. So, I contacted customer service. My order was taking so long due to Customs issues.

Besides the wait which was not the company's fault, Beautybylarkins has probably the best customer service I've ever experienced. Debbie, the owner, is so sweet. Due to the wait, she refunded my shipping cost, provided 10% off next purchase, and shipped my order as Priority. Every email ever sent to Beautybylarkins was responded back to and quickly.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

on 8/14/2016 9:57:00 PM

If you like your natural eye color, think twice before you use this stuff. The warnings about potential eye color change are misleadingly mild. It dulled my eye color pretty dramatically, from bright blue to indeterminate gray, and it discolored the skin on my eyelids where I applied it. The effect on my skin was temporary, fading to unnoticeable after a year of abstinence. The effect on my eye color appears to be permanent. I haven't used the product for over a year, but I've seen no reversal in the color change.

Is the effect hideous? No. Purity is what makes someone's eyes truly beautiful. Bone structure and physical health are also far more important than eye color. It is true, though, that my natural eye suited me better. I paid good money to achieve a temporary benefit and a permanent deficit. That's regrettable.

The moral of the story is: research products before you use them, and if something's new on the market, try to contain yourself and avoid it for a few years. The FDA does a good job of protecting US consumers from blatant physical harm, but they're not charged with preserving our looks. That's an important distinction. It means that with beauty treatments, early adopters are susceptible to unintended effects on their appearance. To be sure, the side effect I speak of was slow to be widely reported, and reports downplay it so much that, although I eventually heard them, I took the it-will-never-happen-to-me attitude. It can. It did.

on 3/25/2016 3:50:00 PM

Took two months to see changes, but it worked.

I have short, very blonde, very straight, sparse eye lashes.

I applied less than one drop (for both eyes) every evening. By the end of two months I did notice my eyelashes were a little longer (I've attached a photo).

I have repurchased this item twice.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

having read the irrelevant, slightly alarmist review below, i felt compelled to rewrite my review. the other review, in my opinion, would be much better served in another forum...latisse performs as advertised. i know, because i've tried it. i actually prefer careprost.

latisse (or, if you prefer to go generic, careprost,) is marketed to enhance your eyelashes/eyebrows. i have experienced a significant amount of growth. also, despite the reviewer's claims that the product will not thicken your lashes, i suppose that depends on your definition of "thickness", right? spots where i had lost lashes due to an unfortunate scuffle with an eyelash curler are now filling in...and i consider that having thicker lashes, similar to having thicker hair if spots were going bald began filling in. i'm not sure if the lashes themselves are thicker, but who cares? there are more of them, which is akin to thicker in many people's eyes (including mine.) they do not have to be thicker in actual width to be considered "thicker".

i read the "article" posted by the reviewer, and to be honest...it's not that convincing. it's not a clinical study. the number of patients in each study and the length of the study are never mentioned, and it's quite clear that there are no definitive results related to latisse.

TL;DR: the odds are that the internet will support your own conclusions.