MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Cosmetics Hello Kitty Kouture - Sheer Mystery Powder (Light Medium)
MAC Hello Kitty Kouture Sheer Mystery Powder

4.2

on 5/15/2011 10:39:00 AM

Love this compact! My CCO Had it for about 40% off so I had to get one!! I do wish the pan was bigger but I still love it! I carry in my purse for touch ups. THe Swarovski crystals are blinging and shiny not dull like so posts said. I would buy it again!

This is the most expensive makeup product I own. I actually got this as a gift from my mother since I would never spend so much money on makeup. I like to carry this with me to touch-up my makeup throughout the day. The powder it self is super finely milled and gives a really natural yet polished look. I really like it. Since I do not have any major skin problems I also wear this as a foundation.

The compact is to die for. I love the packaging. I'm not a hello kitty fan but I LOVE Swarovski crystals. This is truly a collector's item. Way over priced in my opinion.

Overall I love the product and I will definitely keep the compact forever and refill it with a blush when I'm done both of the powder pans. I'm glad my mom got this for me since I would never get it for myself. Not a must have but definitely super nice to have.

on 4/8/2009 11:46:00 PM

I gave in to it. At first I was just looking around, I'm not really a fan of Hello Kitty but I loved the way the powder set on my face. I have combo skin & this works well by itself or to touch up/set makeup. When I learned that this was $90 I cringed but thought about the extra refill that came with. It's really cute and super chic! Love the powder, hopefully they will come out with the powder again so I would not have to put blush in it... Either way, I think it way worth the money. Who knows, maybe some day I will make my money back if I decide to sell it after all the powder's done.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so cute I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!would buy it again just for the packaging!

on 3/9/2009 3:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is SUCH A WASTE OF $$$!!! Unless ur completely cuckoo over hello kitty don't bother. The compact is cute, but considering it is made Swarovsky Crystals it's actually kindof dull, like u could put shinier fake rhinestones on urself. The powder is super small & even though u get a refill, it's still not worth it. The powder is eh @ best. I returned it & got 6 things in it's place.

on 3/6/2009 3:30:00 AM

*PICS*
I did it - I caved and bought this powder for $90. Is it worth it? Yes and no. So far, there's nothing mysterious about this powder besides the price. It looks like very finely milled pressed powder to me. I used a kabuki brush and applied this all over my foundation and it did give me a very finished look. It's extremely soft to touch and no apparent glitter/shimmer.
The product came in a fancy/flashy box along with an extra powder refill and applicator refill. There is only 5g/0.17oz of product in each pan. It probably won't last long if it's used on a daily basis, but it's great for touch-ups. The filled compact weighs 4.75oz so it's pretty heavy for a compact if you're on the go.
If you're a Hello Kitty fan and you don't want to spend $90 on a pressed powder, stay far far away from MAC because this is really temptingly flashy.
One thing I dislike about this compact is the applicator - usual cheap puff that comes with pressed powders. I thought for this price it would come with a magic wand, but I guess not. I also thought about replacing the applicator, but the well of the compact is much smaller than most pressed powders so I may just use a brush to apply.

Compact open: