3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

Wow, im so surprised by all the negative reviews, I hope this is the same powder foundation im reviewing as mine doesnt look like the one in the photo, mine is a clear tub with holes in the cover over the powder and a Matt black lid. It says Mineralize foundation/loose at the back. I bought this about 2 or 3 years ago having never tried it before, I really liked it and its become a staple in my makeup routine, I use it as a setting powder and to add extra coverage over my liquid or stick foundation. I dont like heavy makeup, I only use light foundation to conceal certain areas of my face and maybe a bit of nars concealer if im very red or having a rosacea flare up so as a powder foundation this is perfect for me as it gives good coverage without being heavy. I also have very dry skin and have lots of fine lines around my eyes with noticeable pores on my cheeks and nose, as mentioned I also have Rosacea which results in lots of redness, spider veins and papules, I find this powder to be excellent at covering up my skin issues without making lines, pores and dry patches noticeable, infact it does a brilliant job of making them less noticeable. I have used this very regularly over the year, switching between this and Bear minerals powder foundation but always coming back to Mac, I have recently started to run out and panicked, ordered another tub of it last night. Didn't realise how much this product meant to me until I had almost run out of it. My old powder is in shade light, this is a little too dark for me, my only problem with some Mac products is their shade range, they just dont go light enough and I am practically a snow man from the neck down with a pale/patchy red face that I desperately want evened out to match the rest of my neck so I ordered the extra light and hopefully that will be a better match.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I'm like Mac MSF Natural in Light (almost perfect color match) and finally got to testing also the loose powder. I have it in color Extra Light and unfortunately it's a bit darker and more yellow than I hoped. However, it stays on much better, applies more evenly and looks much more natural than anything else I have tried before on my dry and flaky winter skin. I have resolved the issue with color by dusting my cheekbones lightly with Mac Prep and Prime violet powder, it neutralizes the too warm tones just enough. I don't need a lot of coverage so I find that this powder provides just the right amount of sheerness and evens out any redness I have around my nose and mouth without looking too made up. So far I'm very pleased, but do not be fooled, the color is not extra light.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

6 years ago

This foundation has light coverage, if you want to build it - it will look cakey before you get to the medium coverage, if you wear this always always always wear some sort of mist afterwards like urban decay make up setting spray or fix+ to avoid looking chalky. Please note this came as a completely surprise the SPARKLES in this powder, again like mac's prep and prime its not dewy looking shimmer but multicoloured sparkles, if you can caught in the wrong light with this you're going to look like a disco ball. This powder isn't 100% matte finish, its probably matte-satin, and low coverage. Note even the light colours run a little dark, so go up a shade to avoid looking orange. I have normal skin and when i put this powder on my forehead, it got caught up in my skin and looked like dry, ashy skin. If you do have dry skin, stay away!! It's never going to look nice. If you have oily skin I'm sure this product would cake up and separate.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

from

7 years ago

I use this as a setting powder, so I cannot comment on how it works as foundation. But even as a setting powder, it is nothing to rave about. My skin is combination, and this makes my skin oily within 3 hours, I've tried it with different foundation and it is all the same. I cannot wait to finish it up and buy something else. I hate the packaging too. I spill it every time I use it!!!!

About reviewer (102 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Ugh. This stuff. This foundation is the most misleading product I have ever used, truly. When you first apply it, like other reviewers have said, it looks great. Not a pore in sight. But then it gets ugly. This stuff is beyond flimsy, meaning it doesn't hold at all and makes your face look extremely oily. As someone with clear, normal skin that is properly hydrated, I was horrified to see that upon leaving my house, my skin looked flawless, yet when I returned an hour later, it was shiny. Thank goodness I had some alternative powder lying around because this was just awful. Oh, and it gets everywhere too. The only upside to this is that the color matches perfectly, provided your skin is moisturized and you don't have a tendency to get oily skin throughout the day, because this will oxidize, and will do so in patches, not evenly across your face. If I want to look orange, I'll get a tan. This shouldn't do it for me. Will absolutely never be repurchasing.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

1.0

7 years ago

My skin: NW15/NC15, sensitive and acne-prone. Got this in the shade Light. I'm not impressed at all. When you first apply it it looks really good and seems to hide pores and even out the skin. But a few hours later it seemed to oxidize... It left orange/dark patches where on the areas where I had applied it. It also looked messy! I have really oily skin, so I really need something that stays on! One third thing is that it didn't cover enough!! When I first applied it, I really tried to cover all the needed areas, but after a few hours this had disappeared...there were no coverage left!! I also think this contains a lot more ingredients than other mineral makeup, and if you have really sensitive and troubled skin, this can cause you problems....(even if I didn't like this enough to continue using it and find out for myself) And for being a brand like Mac, with their prices, I don't think this is worth the money. Not recommended.

About reviewer (212 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I really do not like this powder at all. I normally use MAC's Studio Fix powder which is *awesome*. This powder, however, sucks - which is not what I'd expect from MAC. Barely any coverage, goes on blotchy - and then wears off quickly. So expensive, and the packaging is terrible too ~ I don't know who would try to put it on usiing that powder puff attached to the handle :S

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrunette

3.0

8 years ago

Not in love with this product expensive not as good as bare essentials/minerals coverage is lacking doesn't stay on face doesn't cover all over only where it wants the sponge as an applicator is horrible you have to use a medium-large powder brush for the best result you'll get a better finish with the skinfinish you don't need both

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

My first thought was "For over $30 this $#!& better be good!!! >.<" and after the first application, I fell head over heels. I've been searching for a powder foundation that would give me coverage but still be light enough for the summer heat without breaking me out. I have angry zits, acne scars, and red and dry patches of skin. This powder foundation almost covered it all when I used a very little amount. I buffed this in with my Real Techniques Stippling brush and it gave me an airbrushed look that I had given up trying to attain until now! It doesn't break me out or dry out skin and it's easy to remove unlike my favorite liquid foundation, Revlon Colorstay. A little amount goes a long way with this product, so I'm expecting this jar to last me at least 5 months. I will be repurchasing. The packaging has also been changed to the standard mineral powder jar.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

8 years ago

Eh, it's a loose powder foundation. I find it just doesn't give enough coverage for me- I'd call it just a hair more than non-existent. And no matter how I applied it, it ALWAYS looked cakey, and I'm kinda going for a "no makeup" look here. Pass.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium