Sebastian Trilliant Thermal Protector and Shimmer Complex

Sebastian Trilliant Thermal Protector and Shimmer Complex

4.2

Water/Eau, Alcohol Denat., Isododecane, Disiloxane, Glycerin, VP/VA Copolymer, PPG-12, Polyquaternium-16, Fragrance/Parfum, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethiconol. t-Butyl Alcohol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Quartz, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Silica, Phosphoric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Green 6, Denatonium Benzoate, Tin Oxide, Violet 2.

on 7/14/2018 3:53:00 PM

Ok this stuff is AMAZING! I use this leave-in on my damp hair before blow-drying and the results are just WOW. It doesn't just smooth everything out (beautifully), but it also adds tons of shine!!! I have tried a million different leave-ins, and this one totally exceeded my expectations. Great stuff!

For reference my hair is thick, wavy-texture, color-treated and I heat style it regularly. I'm always looking for good products to help me maintain my style, and this one is a winner for me.

My only complaint is that it doesn't provide enough added moisture. But I just spritz my hair with AG Conditioning Mist before I add this, and problem solved. It's still a 5-star product IMO.

Make sure you shake it up before each use. This product separates like oil & water in the bottle, so shaking it up is absolutely necessary.

Adds shine, manageability, and heat protection as well. Doesn't dry my hair out or leave it feeling coated or weighed-down.

I will definitely buy it again. Highly Recommended!!

on 7/22/2017 6:33:00 AM

I adore this watermelon scented heat protectant spray! It adds beautiful shine and smoothness to my hair and I wish I had bought more of it because it`s not available in Japan and Beautybay just ran out of it. This works almost as well as an oil or a serum. My hair hates blowdrying and in the steamy hot Japanese summer blowdrying my hair means dry, fried looking hay. Not with this spray though. Please restock on this, Beauty Bay!

on 4/30/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really do love this product! I just purchased a second bottle to have when my current bottle runs out, just so I'm not left stranded! It gives my hair this incredible shine!! I don't find it drying at all, and you don't need a ton (I have fairly long hair, for comparison purposes.) I am very careful not to use more than a roving mist across my bangs, because it can leave them sticky, which I learned the hard way! But other than that, it is my go-to product straight out of the shower, and on dry hair before using my flat iron.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite heat protectant spray! It is the only one I will use. And it smells of cantelope! There is no beating that. ♡♡♡

on 2/21/2014 10:22:00 PM

Excellent product! I'm going to break it down :)

Smell: 1/5
Sorry, doesn't smell too great. It smells like an alcoholic drink. When used with any heat product, it develops a different smell that is just downright unpleasant.

Amount: 5/5
It is a pretty good amount! I have gone through about 4 or 5 bottles.

Price: 5/5
Very good value!

How it works: 4/5
It makes my hair a little bit dry, but it's definitely better than other protectants out there *cough*CHI*cough*

Random cons:
-you have to shake it every time you are about to spray it. There's like two different substances in the bottle. They don't mix at all.

-smell

-makes my hair a little frizzy

Random pros:
-works well in protecting my hair

-doesn't make hair too dry

-not too expensive

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have applied this on my half air dried hair, use a large 2" roller brush blow drier to straighten my hair and it works very well. Makes my hair soft and shiny. I try to apply conservatively all over my hair, maybe 8 sprays. Too much will make it stiff.

on 7/14/2013 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My hair stylist uses this on me, so I decided to try it out myself. I've sprayed it on damp hair and let it air dry, and it made my hair smooth like I had used a smoothing serum! I've used it on dry hair right before flat ironing, and it makes my hair look AMAZING. Super shiny and soft. Don't know how well it protects against heat, but it does look good. Oh yeah, it also smells AMAZING!

Shiz is drying, yo!
Seriously though, I brought this because I heard someone on MUA raving about it and I'm looking for a good heat protectant re flat ironing. The rave reviews are baffling to me. Honestly, I was skeptical when I looked at the bottle and saw that the ingredients are actually separated. You have to shake the bottle to mix them before each use and they separate very quickly after you shake. This signaled either a lot of alcohol and/or water; also, the failure or laziness of a cosmetics chemist to add other ingredients to keep stuff from separating.
I trusted MUA though - opps! This stuff leaves my hair so dry. Doesn't seem particularly protecting either. The smell, which someone was raving about on hair board, is just okay IMO but not as good as, say, PM Super Skinny.
A sham. Would avoid.

Well on a whim I was at Tjmaxx and picked this up. I I have been on a hunt for a thermal spray. I have thin blonde hair ( but a lot of it thank god). I put some rusk thermal in my hair while wet and sprayed some of this on blow dried and wow silky. Went to go flat iron ( I use a chi) and my hair felt amazing not dry still sleek by the end of the day. I only use this on my ends and not my scalp and I do not saturate my hair with this. I will be buying this product for as long as they make it .

on 6/2/2012 6:48:00 AM

I have used Trilliant about a year now and I love it! It is my hq hair product. My hair is fine, long and wavy and especially during rainy days it gets frizzy but Trilliant helps keep my hair soft and shiny without the frizz. I apply Trilliant to wet hair after washing with shampoo and conditioner and then either blow dry my hair or let it dry naturally. Even without the blow dry my hair is shiny and bouncy with added volume and not frizzy. The only compalint is the bottle, it runs out very quickly and the plastic bottle is quite thin plastic so you have to be careful not to drop it on the floor too often. But other than that I will definitely keep on buying this excellent product!

Popular Styling Products