L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

1.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was given to me by my mom who is in her 60's, which means she didn't like it, and I don't like it either. It is sooo greasy and it doesn't do anything but make your face look orange. I thought the vitamins in it would be good for my skin but I would never even consider using it even at night while I sleep. It just feels gross and looks gross.

Bought this on Tuesday, returned it to Rite-Aid on Wednesday.

It was an impulse buy, I admit. I like L'Oreal skincare products usually and I had a $10 off coupon. I'm in my early 50s (fair, with rosacea) and thought it might be time for Age Perfect...

MOISTURIZER? Yes, it felt good on my skin. No irritation. No unpleasant fragrance.

TINTED? Yes, it is in fact "tinted," but that tint is ORANGE. In fairness, the day I tried it the orange settled down into an golden-orange color after an hour or so and it didn't smell bad.

SHEER? Way sheer. No coverage whatsoever. I expect tinted moisturizers to offer a little coverage and this didn't.

It reminded me of bad fake tanners, w/o the tanner smell. I understand why the words "oompa loompa" have been used in describing this product. If you're looking for a d/s TM, I can recommend Neutrogena, but not this.

on 12/9/2008 1:36:00 PM

i actually did find this to be very moisturizing, however, as others have mentioned, the orange tint is awful and its a little too shiny for my liking. luckily this was a hand-me-down from my mom so i didnt feel bad throwing it away after one use!

on 12/5/2008 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I picked the lightest shade. I am an Asian, not the fairest among Asian either. It acts more a light blush than an overall TM to me. I now only use it on my cheeks, if I use it at all.

This TM first appeared uniformly tinted in the packaging. After staying in my drawer for a week or two the pumped out stuff is a twirled reddish/light tan like an icecream.

It never covers anything. Moisturizing enough for my normal to oily skin. There is a glow to it, which is prob the only good thing about it.
A generous size and a not too bad pump. Didn't get a chance to test the antiaging part because I decided not to use it regularly.

on 11/18/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up yesterday because it was $15.99 at CVS with $15.99 in ExtraBucks rewards, so it was essentially free.

From what the box said, I expected a tinted moisturizer with lots of the stuff that middle-aged ladies like: age diffusers, lots of hydration, dewy finish. Something like my Estee Lauder DayWear Plus tinted moisturizer.

FAIL.

It's not moisturizing enough, not sunscreening enough, and provides zero coverage. Also, the self-blending color?

Flash back to your first-generation Q-T self-tanning nightmares. I'm ORANGE.

OK, maybe there's some Vitamin C or other wondrous ingredients lurking around in there, but if I'm going to end up looking like an Ooompah-Loompah? Forget it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Really, L'Oreal? REALLY? I can't take this product seriously at all. First of all, it's outrageously expensive for a drugstore product--almost 20 bucks! (Luckily I had a free rebate for this, but even then it's not worth it!) I got this is the "Light" shade and when I pumped it out, it looked really nice with a light brown/pinkish/oysterish shade...but then I went to apply it and it turned ORANGE. Like really, really 80s pumpkin orange. YUCK. And then there's the fragrance--it's a combination of Seabreeze astringent mixed with those old Imposter perfumes--not pleasant at all. Granted, I didn't expect something lovely and gorgeous such as the Shiseido scented facial products, but come on! It's just too strong and too perfumey. Lastly, the packaging looks elegant but it's a pump bottle and you not only can't squeeze the last bits of it out (not that I want to), but you also can't even unscrew the top to be able to scoop any left that may be clinging to the sides. I think that's just wasteful in my opinion. Plus, it's only SPF 12--I think any tinted moisturizer worth its salt should be at least SPF 15. So basically, between the horrid fragrance, the hideous orange color, the ridiculous packaging, and the laughable pricetag, this is definitely one to skip. If you are looking for a decent high-end tinted moisturizer, try Stila or if you are looking for a drugstore brand, try CoverGirl Smoothers. Both are excellent and are in a different league than this L'Oreal joke.

on 11/3/2008 7:54:00 PM

I'm still in my 20s, so I don't need too much of a "filler" product yet, but this is free with rebate this month at both RiteAid and Walgreens, so I couldn't resisting getting at least one bottle. I have to completely disagree with the reviewers below about the tint. I also bought Light, and there is mucho color involved! In fact, I have to thin it out with my Olay spf lotion because it's much too dark for me, even at the end of summer. (Yes, I'm that pale.) I don't notice too much of the highlighting effect, but I will certainly pay attention to that tomorrow. I wouldn't be able to wear this alone - I have to lighten it with mineral makeup or risk the orange face and white neck. I do notice that it has a lovely light scent, and it's extremely rare that I can deal with scents in facial products. Because of the color folly, I'm not going to repurchase this, and I also think having only an spf of 12 is pretty pathetic - I wear 28 or 30 on my face everyday. If there is a nightcream version of this, I'd totally go for it, but this isn't really what I need.