Helena Rubinstein Color Clone - fluid foundation

Helena Rubinstein Color Clone - fluid foundation

3.0

on 9/29/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first time I came in touch with this foundation was when I found it in my mother's beauty case. I remember how I really liked the coverage, the satiny texture and how it enhanced my skin tone so five years later, I decided to buy one myself (No.15 Beige Peach). I must say that my skin has changed a lot during that time: it got even more dry and sensitive than it already was. So, you can already guess that the effect of this foundation on my skin changed as well.

It didn't go on as smooth as I remember and it seemed to emphasize the dryness around my eyes a bit, even after moisturizing (and I use a pretty greasy moisturizer!). It didn't break me out in any allergies though, which is pretty rare in my case and definitely an advantage.

The coverage is still as nice as I remember it to be, although I now sometimes have a bit more to cover up. I suffer from eczema and the fragile skin around my eyes is often the victim of another allergy attack. The Color Clone foundation covers the resulting redness up quite well, although it's still not perfect. It looks great when my skin is in "good shape" though. So if you don't have any obvious blemishes, your skin will be perfectly even, fresh and natural after using this foundation.

I use Helena Rubinstein's Color Clone mostly when I go out since I found it to be at its best at night (in the daytime I feel like it doesn't come off as natural). Its staying power is also awesome! When I come back from a long night out, my face still looks great. I might be biased because of my dry skin of course, I'm not sure how it will stay put on the more oily skin types.

My overall opinion: This foundation isn't bad at all, but I have yet to find THE foundation for my ultra dry sensitive skin. I might buy it again if I haven't found a better foundation by the time it runs out, although this one's quite expensive.

on 12/5/2012 12:26:00 PM

Color Clone Hydra-24H Foundation: This foundation seriously irritates my eyes, making them red and watery, and feels like my eyes are burning. Even if I leave a large area without foundation around the eyes, I can still feel the chemicals which emanate from the skin nearby and my eyes start to burn and become red and watery all day. People come to ask me if I am ok because I look as if I've been crying, and I have to explain that it is from this new foundation I just bought. I have never had this reaction to any other foundation/brand before... which is so odd! I am not an allergic person. I have tried to use it already some 4 or 5 times, but always get the same reaction. I am giving up and returning it to the store. The appearance is great, it is very light and you practically can't see that you have foundation on, perfect for a sunny outdoor use. Pity for the chemicals, though, they need to do serious testing on this formula... but not on animals, on humans!

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/7/2012 6:57:00 AM

I could not be more dissapointed with this product. I have used HR foundation samples before that would give me an absolutely gorgeous complexion (prodigy foundation), and after reading some good reviews of this foundation online, I thought I would give this 'less' expensive and not aimed at aged skin product a go.

Very, very sheer. So sheer even that my skin, that isn't bad at all with some very mild redness at my cheeks, would not be evened out the slightest. Even after 2 layers, it would make almost no difference compared to no foundation. And not just at the reddish parts, but everywhere.

Not only did it not cover anything, but while not covering anything it was still very visibly present. Very contradictory I know, but that's what I experienced! My face looked fake, something looked off, yet without any real coverage. Might be because of bad colour matching, but I have nr 20 vanilla, which normally should be perfect for my NC20 skin? I had to put a medium coverage foundation over my cheeks to make the reddish tone go away (24h stay of mayb NY).

I have only used it once now, but the instant let down made me do this review. I will ofcourse have more goes at it, try out if I can get it to work, but at the moment I am all but positive. Such waste of money.. A tinted moisturizer gives me more coverage ffs :P

Will update if I change my mind!

on 9/21/2008 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a god quality foundation with medium coverage. You don't see it on your skin and it wears flawless the whole day. BUT I get break outs from this when I use it daily... So pity... Its my second bottle, but it looks like I cannot use it, so I have to give it away or use it once a week or something... Thats why I`m not buying it again.

on 9/1/2008 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like everything about this product. It has a sheer but buildable coverage. You hardly have te reaplly during the day, it stays put for even more than 12 hours! The color pay off is real and it doesn't become orange or anything! I started using this foundation when I was 18, then I descoverd MUA en started to use other foundations. I went from Dior to Channel to MAC to Clinique to Estee Lauder... no foundation made me buy more than 1 bottle... Then one time a SA told me that this foundation along with Estee Lauder's Double Wear is the best sold in all of their stores in Belgium (ICI PARIS XL) so I retried it and I loved it!! I can not say that this will be my HG forever, because I have had other HG's and one day they just stopped doing it for me... but still! I don't think I will be searching for another foundation anymore. I love it's texture, I love it's bottle, I love the sheer but buildable coverage, I love the fact that it adapts itself to your skin (is really true!!), I even love the fact that is so fluid (more fluid than other foundations). I use it with the famous 187 brush from MAC and it gives me an airbrushed face!! If I could marry this product, I would... hope they never change the formula or even worst: discontinue it!!
Tanja