Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub
Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrubNeutrogena Visibly clear pink grapefruit

3.0

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

Eyes: Violet

I've literally had this product for two days and I was so excited to get it. It's a really cute product that smells amazing and I used it as soon as I got it. The second day, I noticed that my fave itched around the jawline and my tears stung my cheeks really bad. Today was the third day and I have red bumps all over my jawline. I've been applying moisturizer like crazy and even that burns. I'm only fourteen so shouldn't be that sensitive to things like this and I thought I was just crazy, but turns out a ton of people have the same experience.

I dont get how this has such a low rating. I'm suprised. one use of this in conjunction with the moisturizer and im in love. my face felt amazing. I used it with my clarisonic before bed and when I woke up I had such clear glowing skin with no new breakouts and my previous breakouts were basically gone. my new secret weapon.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
So.
Sensitive skin. Combination. With one exception, I'd never really had acne breakouts, and my skin game was pretty strong. I thought I'd switch up from my usual scrub, and it was cute and pink and smelled amazing. I like cute pink things that smell amazing.
And then after using it for ONE WEEK, I was desperately slathering E45 on my face and not daring makeup because my face HURT.
This scrub managed to make my skin rough, red as hell, very dry, and yet somehow amidst the dryness give me an acne outbreak? Many hours were spent screaming to the sky.
Never again.
Never.
Again.

I only purchased this product because I was an idiot and forgot my Nature Republic Argan Oil facial foaming cleanser at a hotel and I was rather desperate. I have the type of skin that it's super important for me to be consistent with washing my face and keeping up my skin care routine every day. Otherwise, my skin looks like trash which is far easier now that it's summer because I tend to be extra oily at this time. Acne & little bumps will appear without a doubt if I don't do my routine and I need my skin to be as soft, plump, and clear of blemishes.

I made a huge mistake and wasted $9 on a product that did the exact opposite of what I wanted. It caused me to break out and my skin became INCREDIBLY dry to the point that it actually kinda burned. I put on a lot of moisturizer, but that didn't help at all. My skin burned after applying moisturizer and I had to add some more later on because it still felt that dry.

I would have tried it for a longer time because hey maybe the acne will disappear after a few weeks, but being dry is a huge no-no for me. Dry skin makes my makeup look gross & at least, if my skin was plump and moisturized, if I had some bumps on my face, make up will help. Of course, ideally, I want to be free of acne, but sometimes, even with my Clinique acne cream and all the other things I put on my face, I sometimes have a guest on my face.

While a number of the cleansers I've used have dried my skin out, never have they gotten to this point where I had to slather moisturizer on my face to feel human again.

Into the trash this goes. I'm going back to my Nature Republic cleanser. It's $6 dollars at their stores.

Of course, if this is working for you, stick with it. If you have oily/super oily skin, this may just be for you. Otherwise, stay away. It's not worth your cash.

I have combo/sensitive/oily skin, and since this is a face wash specifically tailored for acne, I thought it would clear up my pimples-but no. This 'exfoliant' made me break out so bad, my forehead and chin were an angry red colour. It also dehydrated my skin so much! Although I am oily in my t-zone, I now have a hugh dry patch on my skin.
The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because it smells amazing! However, I know fragrance in a product isn't the best for someone with sensitive skin😂

on 4/1/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I don't know why the rating is so low. this is a great face wash! I use it everyday and it clears my oily skin and makes my skin look so smooth.

I've been using this for the past month and I really like this. First off, I love the scent of this stuff!! It makes my skin feel fresh and alive. I like how this has natural ingredients. Also, it's pretty cheap so I recommend this for anyone who wants to try something new!

on 3/25/2016 1:23:00 AM

I can't even remember how many bottles of this stuff I've gone through.. probably around 15 by now. I have been using this stuff on and off for about 3 years, and have been using it 2x a day for about a year or two now. I use this with my Clairsonic after using my purity cleanser. I absolutely LOVE this stuff. Smells great, works great, and gentle on my skin! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF

on 1/31/2016 10:59:00 PM

I don't know how this worked for people, but everyone's skin is different so it makes sense in a weird way. Anyways, this did not work for me at all.

There's not many beads in there, so for me it's not really good to exfoliate dead skin. It did nothing for my acne, if not making it worse. My skin got irritated, was red, and got really dry. I used it twice a day for a bit, then switched to once daily.

The only positives I can think of are the scent, and packaging is good.

on 1/5/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After it seemed like I tried everything to clear up all the tiny little bumps all along my forehead I decided to pick this up. I've used it twice a day and then Neutrogena's gentle foaming cleanser. This stuff worked miracles!! I've been using it for about a week and I have only a few breakouts on my forehead! Compared to everything else I've tried, I'd say this works really well.

Popular Scrubs