4.6

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 months ago

I absolutely loved this blush when I got it a few years ago. It was comparable to Warm Soul - just less orange, and gave me an amazing blushed/tanned look. I just reordered this and when comparing side-by-side with my shade from a few years ago, it’s a totally different color - the new formulation is almost dark reddish/orange and shimmery. I’m so disheartened that MAC had decided to reformulate and change the color altogether. I’ll be savoring my old Love Joy.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

a year ago

I purchased warm soul and love joy together a million years ago before “the change”. Dark reds browns shimmery wonders of which warm soul was defoooo the darker - so I actually bac2mac’d it (before I knew it’d been reformulated; now I’m pissed cuz I don’t have a special item boo hoo). Not many pale review so here goes. I’m NW20 on a tan day. More like NW15 really. I’m currently wearing that (NW15) in Studio Sculpt. I even have gone to NC10 in pro longwear before it came lighter in NWs. I’m very red though and don’t like to counter it except nose area. My whole body is red and I ‘tan’ rose gold. Although I use many actives and I’m an SPF vigilante. Love Joy works for my pale arse with a feather light touch and lasts allll day. The reddish hue totally goes with my ruddy skin! I agree with another reviewer who stated it’s like a blush, bronze and highlight all in one! I have many Mineralize blush shades and this (and my vintage warm soul I discarded like a used Kleenex) is like so much more pigmented than ANYY of them it’s totally insane. It builds to clown territory so easily on me. If I do not use like a loose fan brush and barely swipe across top and then tap multiple times I’m a clown. I bought this BC (before children). It’s still a dome. My kids are adolescents.

About reviewer (388 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

I cant miss this product from my daily make up routine. I would rather skip foundation than this blush. It make me look alive and glowing! I have medium/ tanned skin tone and this color is perfect fit! I have applyed it at 8 a.m. before work, when I came back at 17:30 it was still there.. :O say whaat?! And that on a warm and humid day, 30 with no Air-co. This is the first blush that does that. Tiny bit of product goes a long way. It is very pigmented and lasting.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I'm N25, very neutral, and didn't think this would look that good on me, especially because Milani's Luminouso is so similar, and I don't care for it on me.. My hair is a little darker now than normal, and maybe that's why it looks nice. I love MAC's mineralize blushes and have several. This shade has warmth and sheen all in one, and I prefer to use it minus bronzer and cheek highlight, as for me it's an all in one type of product.. A little contour goes well with this blush. Definitely recommend.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This blush was recommended to me by a MAC artist in Madrid, who had made up the singer Adele in the past. It's not a blush I'd have chosen for myself and I'm glad I took his advice. It's a beautiful dark peachy coral colour that isn't too strong or garish on the cheeks. It has a lovely sheen but not blinding like a highlighter or glittery. I love how it blends and applies and I've had it AGES, yet barely made a dent in the dome shape. I'm going to have this product for years! When I eventually hit pan (if I'm not dead by then, because this product is showing no signs of running out any time soon!), I'll repurchase!

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is hands down the best blush on me in general! I honestly don't feel like I need any other blush when I have this. It has a little bit of red, pink, brown, small reflexes of gold that ties in with just about any makeup look, bold or subtle. It is really one of kind. I keep trying to convince myself I need to another blush in my stash but when I compare this to other blushes on my skin from mac, there is no comparison. It just has the beautiful combination of color and glow that is nice. I've compared it to sweet as cocoa on my skin which my sister owns, and I notice that love joy blends more seamless into the skin, looks almost like mineral powder, and has just the right hint of color to my skin that sweet as cocoa cannot give me. Not discounting sweet as cocoa, but it does not look nearly as good on me as it does on her. It is a good buy as it will last forever.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

3 years ago

Let's start saying the mineralize blushes are probably my favourite formula in the whole mac bunch. Terrific pigmentation,extremely blendable,they give a glowy complection thanks to the shimmer pearls in it but doesn't underline any texture on my cheekbones...i mean the list goes on and on and it only gets better! I'm a NW 20/25 and even if i'm quite pale i can't stop using it. When i bought this the lady at the counter was kind of worried but i like to play with make up and i find this terracotta shade is perfect for a lazy make up day in winter. It layers easily so no clown cheeks and not muddy at all You'll find its soulmate is a big duo fiber brush.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Best product, so beautiful on indian/tan skin

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

4 years ago

I received this as a gift from a friend after lusting after it for decades lol but refused to cough out the £24 required to be a proud owner hehe! I like this blush A LOT! Super pigmented and the colour is super pretty too. I actually use this as a soft highlighter on its own or mix with SLEEK Sahara blush for that sculptured look. Product isn't as long-lasting on me and after about 6 hours or so I struggle to notice it on my skin so a reapplication is always necessary and as such, I travel with this in my handbag. This is travel friendly and packaging is steady.....don't know how many times I have dropped mine and has remained intact. I like this blush because it's multi-use and colour suits most people.....well, I think it does anyway. I've already mentioned that this is a bit overpriced but definitely worth every penny paid for. Product also lasts a very long time. I had mine for a year before a 'friend' stole it......and I know product is still there 8 months on because they are glowing from my blush hehe I would highly recommend and would repurchase.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

FAVE BLUSH OF ALL TIME

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24