Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.6

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was super impressed by this tinted moisturiser! Every other one I've used is greasy, dull, with super light watery coverage. This one has a pretty impressive but still light-weight coverage, made even more beautiful with the illumination. It's a nice luminous finish, perfect if you're looking for a glow.
I found it last all day, around 8 hours, on my normal skin type. I've also been using this underneath my heavier coverage foundations i.e Estee Lauder Double Wear for a glow.
The tube packaging is hygienic + clean cut. Amazing with the spf 20 too!!!
The only con is I wouldn't recommend this for combination/oily skin types. Maybe just on the cheek bones for a glow, but definitely not in the T-Zone! 10/10 :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using an "illuminator" that I add to my foundation to give me a slight "lift" to my face, and have had good results. I received this Laura Mercier product as a sample at Sephora and it gave me the WORST acne. Egads. It took my skin over a week to recover from it. Never again.

on 7/8/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first ever LM purchase and it has set off an addiction to Laura's products. I was tempted by it after Chrissy Teigen said on Instagram that it was how she achieved her glow. I somehow ordered Warm Radiance by accident and it was way too dark for me but I loved the coverage and the glow. I then got the lightest shade ( bare radiance ) which I adore! I sometimes mix the two together when I want to look slightly tanned but most of the time I use Bare Radiance all over and then use WR on my cheeks as a bronzer.. As others have said if the glow is too shimmery for you a dusting of translucent powder totally changes the look.

Love it ! Makes my skin glow and look healthy. A bit too much sparkle but with a dusting of powder looks fantastic .

PROS: Good coverage for a TM. Price isn't the worst. Gorgeous illuminating glow. Moisturizing satin/glow finish.

CONS: The illumination gave my wrinkles too much trouble for me to purchase. (see alternates)

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to first use L'oreal magic perfecting primer patted into pores to disguise my pores and make the foundation last longer. I let it set and I then use my spf/moisturizer and then apply foundation with a moist beauty blender sponge.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: Laura's regular TM is okay, but kind of aging in my wrinkles. I used to always go back to my L'oreal Visible Lift Serum foundation, but....I've recently found something that is the best thing for my wrinkles and pores I've EVER tried, Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF 15 foundation It's not as drying as the Visible Lift one ad better in my wrinkles. And if you want light coverage, like a TM, TheBalm Tinted Moisturizer "Balm Shelter" is beautiful on skin.

I am long time chantecaille fan but this Laura Mercier is a new find. lovely and illuminating perfect glow for over 40 skin. just dust powder in t zone and lasts all day. I use a primer under and have no trouble with oil breakthrough. I still love the just skin more; color is better and lasts longer but this one is very nice too.

on 7/30/2013 7:44:00 PM

WAY too shimmery!! Nice texture, no awful scent ... but I didn't glow (natural) I shimmered (frosty).

Probably ok as a highlighter ... but for a total face ... no way.

on 8/6/2012 11:34:00 PM

This is my go to product for when I want to look pulled together without looking made up. My skin is normally very clear with some redness around my nose and on my chin. I spot conceal and then just use my fingers to apply this. It looks amazing. Will definitely be repurchasing this

on 7/26/2012 8:13:00 PM

is not to be applied all over the face. Manufacturers would like us to think otherwise. It is to illuminate cheek bones and your strong features. This is not to cover up anything. It is to highlight your own beauty. The illumination looks classy and lasts over 2 hours. I'm sorry about the SPF20 in it. A thin layer of foundation with sunscreen is never enough to provide protection from the sun, but it is well enough to irritate the hell out of any skin types. I recommend this product, because there is nothing else in the market to compete with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have nude, a very skin-natural toned light caramel-beige shade especially nice on neutral to warm skin. However is so intensely shimmery that it glitters like a crazy diamond in direct sunlight. I doubt anyone would actually want to use this all over their face in the daylight which is when you usually need an SPF product! If you are considering this I'd recommend treating it like a bronzing tint to mix in a little shot of "glow" into your regular tinted moisturiser, foundation or sunblock. Or use as a cheekbones and brow highlighter. Its very pretty used this way. It melds more naturally into skin than most powder highlighters as the particles are very fine. At my age I prefer to gleam & sheen rather than glitter, haha. A tiny bit on the backs of hands covers age spots nicely and makes hands look tanned too.