Lancome La Base Pro

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

on 11/6/2017 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am very impressed with this primer. It blurs so great and practically melts into my skin. It feels so silky when putting this on my face and my foundation applies like a dream. It seems tonlook flawless for longer with my foundation. I wear it under my Estée Lauder double wear and ELDW light foundations. Looks amazing under both!

on 10/10/2017 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite primers. It has a very silky, silicone feel. I use about one pump all over my face. This is really great over any textured areas I might have, and it just feels so smooth. I've tried a lot of other primers, but there seems to be something different about this one. I also found out that i was oil-free. Therefore, this works better with oil-free foundations. Typically I use this with Estee Lauder Double Wear or MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundations and it gives them flawless, all-day wear. Normally if I wear either of these two foundations without a primer, they begin to wear off around my nose and chin. This keeps the foundation in place and flawless all day,and it also feels really good on your skin. I had gotten this in a gift and I recently just purchased the full size.

on 8/26/2017 10:51:00 AM

I only got the deluxe size of this product and I am definitely repurchasing again! I have tried only a few primers in my existence but this primer really changed my makeup game. I'm actually afraid of buying primers in the beginning because I feel like it works differently on every skin type. Primers are really important cause one bad primer will fail your whole makeup. I think it's great that I got it in deluxe size before I got the full size cause this primer is pricey af. I would definitely try other primers so I could compare it with this one. I have visible pores and a lot of TEXTURES on my t-zone area but this primer came through! It will fill in any visible pores to help your foundation glide on smoother.

My HG primer!
I use it with EL Double Wear foundation and it stays put all day and night. I spent a day with a full face of make up snow tubing, ice skating, soaking in the hot pools, followed by a 3.5 hour drive home and it still looked fresh when I got home! The bottle is lovely and yes can be annoying to get the last of it out but if you take the top off and stir it around you can get more through the pump, at at the very end just use the straw bit to collect up the product and put it straight on your fingers.
Recommendations: It is an oil free primer so I would recommend using it with an oil free foundation for best results. Lasts AGES, you need a baby pea size amount which isn't quite a full pump and I focus it on my T-zone and spreading out from there.Is expensive to buy here in NZ but Strawberry.net has it pretty cheap ;)

on 2/22/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm on my third bottle of this primer. It's the only primer I can use that doesn't irritate my skin and eyes. It has a nice glowing matte finish. Hard to describe. It's not greasy and it does extend my makeup wear and provide a smooth surface for my foundation. It leaves a very fresh look on your skin once your foundation is applied and it doesn't seem to contribute to acne for me. As I go through the day, it provides a decent amount of moisture without getting oily. It's colorless and it has no scent which I really like. But it's not a perfect product. For less than a full ounce, the price is quite steep and the other problem is the delivery system. The bottle is pretty but I shudder to think what would happen if I dropped it on the tile floor of my bathroom. Moreover, while having a measured pump mechanism does add to maintaining a more sterile use of the product, the pipe of the pump doesn't go down low enough in the bottle and ultimately I have to use a clean Q-tip to get the last 1/5 or so of the primer out of the bottle. It's really frustrating and wasteful. It does come in a travel size tube now that is preferable to the glass bottle, but it's even more overpriced so it's not something I would purchase on a regular basis. Still unless I find something better, I'll stick with this primer.

on 1/1/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It's like baby skin by Maybelleine but less moisture...less silicon? I would just use Maybelleine instead of this.I have a travel size sample.It's nice and soft....It's good but you could get something cheaper instead of this..Too expensive for me. I tried it in the glass jar also and it's hard to get out....

This is a beautiful silky silicone primer. It really does help make foundation go on better and stay longer. This primer fills in rough skin texture like pores and lines. Works really well with Lancôme teint idole ultra foundation. Glides on better and gives more coverage. It's similar to smashbox photo finish primer, but the smashbox one is thicker. This primer is really thin and silky, but very easy to smooth on. Only need 2-3 pumps. The downside is it's really expensive, $59AUD for only 25ml. My HG primer.

The pump bottle is a pain. I've reached the bottom and it won't pump out anymore but there's still heaps left behind on the bottom and also on the sides. But I found a solution. Buy a pack of thin paddle pop sticks. Or even kebab sticks. That will do the trick. Just stick it inside the bottle and scrap it out. I wish Lancôme used a squeeze tube for this primer.

on 9/13/2016 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great primer. Its got a very soft velvety feel and glides on easily, doesn't clog my pores nor does it make me oily. I only need to use tiny bit at a time so my bottle will last me for ages.
I use it every day and can't even begin to imagine going a day without it.
I have tried many primers before this one but hated them as I didn't feel it really did much of anything but La Base has restored my faith.
I highly recommend and would definitely repurchase again.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely loved this primer!!! I use a lot of Lancôme products and I love them! I use to never wear primers and I kept seeing how mau always would say how important they are so I wanted to get a good one, but it was hard to choose seeing as theres so many face primers out there lol so I asked my girlfriend who is a excellent mua and she recommended me this one and I love love love it, I have very dry skin so it definitely helps with that. it is pretty pricey so when it's a casual day I'll use my revlon primer, but when I'm working or going out definitely use my Lancôme

on 4/6/2016 5:44:00 AM

I bought this product mainly because i was a newbie to primer a few years back and i though why not buy a good quality high end one to start. Well big mistake!
30ml of product which lasted me around 2 weeks and I don't use much at all.

it felt nice but didn't keep my make up on any longer than usual, left dry patches around my nose and mouth.

For such an expensive primer this doesn't do anything at al other than hurt my bank account.