Lancôme La Base Pro

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

i am primer obsessed and love a quality primer that leaves a smooth flawless canvas for my makeup. I read how unbelievable this primer was and had to have it because it sounded like it was going to change my life. i bought it thinking the 42 dollars wasn't too bad for a life changing primer. I tried it and couldn't believe that there is so much fuss about it. there are so many more primers from other high end brands that really do wow me but this is just an okay primer. it dispenses as a gel that easily blends all over your face with a peace sized amount. it quickly dries to the touch and doesn't leave skin feeling greasy or oily, instead leaves it feeling velvety smooth. when I saw it on, I couldn't believe my face looked the exact same. that's it? I like my primers to work their magic and give me that fake perfection blur or my natural fake glow but this didnt blur or illuminate or anything so I figured it had to have super priming power and hold my makeup on forever. it didn't though, it held for awhile but once it began to wear off it went fast. it just doesn't live up to my primer expectations. I use it occasionally since I have it but on light makeup days and never to work where I need my makeup to last 12 hrs. plus I prefer my primer to blur because I have a fee imperfections I feel better about when blurred and I love a good illuminating primer that gives my foundation a radiant look. if your primer expectations are high then I could give you a list of 5 primers so much better than this.

on 10/23/2018 1:27:00 PM

For starters, this is not a primer for people with dry skin like mine. Beyond that, I tried it on for only three to four hours. In that time, my face broke out with tiny bumps everywhere! Can't really attest to how it made my makeup look because what it did to my skin was a disaster.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

For the price I paid I expected better from this primer. Whenever I used it it made my makeup look bad. It makes my foundation look too powdery and did not leave a nice finish like other primers. It’s too mattifying, I’m oily skinned but never had a primer leave me looking so cake faced or doused in flour. It’s a no from me.

This product is NUTS.

I have not used a primer since my attempt with Benefit Porefessional. I just think primers in general are redundant, unnecessary, a product that would increase the possibility of acne like why would you pay for that thing?
After years of effort fixing my skin, I am finally acne free. My skin is amazing and I only need a little coverage. I totally thought that my skin has reached its peak and I can't be happier. NB: I so thought.
You know when your skin is finally stable and you feel attempted to try new products? That's my case. La Base Pro went on sale a few days ago and I decided to give it a go. Lancome bases are known to be non-comedogenic, and this one is oil-free, so it can't really go wrong. I put a little on my T zone and it glides on feeling like I am putting on some silicone. Okay. This is how primers feel like.
I literally noticed the biggest difference EVER when I put on my foundation that my jaw literally dropped. No joke. That reaction when you found the perfect highlighter that you just went :O. Pores, where are my pores?/ I have no pores LOL!??! I was blending my foundation in and it went on so smooth and perfect. I was sticking my face to the mirror and I couldn't see one pore. My foundation went on streak free and my skin was perfect. And somehow, I only used 3/4 pump of foundation that day instead of the normal 1.5 pumps. I am not sure why, maybe because it looks so nice that you just automatically put on less product? But you still look flawless?

Now I am praying that it would not break me out. Will keep this post updated!

on 11/6/2017 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am very impressed with this primer. It blurs so great and practically melts into my skin. It feels so silky when putting this on my face and my foundation applies like a dream. It seems tonlook flawless for longer with my foundation. I wear it under my Estée Lauder double wear and ELDW light foundations. Looks amazing under both!

on 10/10/2017 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite primers. It has a very silky, silicone feel. I use about one pump all over my face. This is really great over any textured areas I might have, and it just feels so smooth. I've tried a lot of other primers, but there seems to be something different about this one. I also found out that i was oil-free. Therefore, this works better with oil-free foundations. Typically I use this with Estee Lauder Double Wear or MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundations and it gives them flawless, all-day wear. Normally if I wear either of these two foundations without a primer, they begin to wear off around my nose and chin. This keeps the foundation in place and flawless all day,and it also feels really good on your skin. I had gotten this in a gift and I recently just purchased the full size.

on 8/26/2017 10:51:00 AM

I only got the deluxe size of this product and I am definitely repurchasing again! I have tried only a few primers in my existence but this primer really changed my makeup game. I'm actually afraid of buying primers in the beginning because I feel like it works differently on every skin type. Primers are really important cause one bad primer will fail your whole makeup. I think it's great that I got it in deluxe size before I got the full size cause this primer is pricey af. I would definitely try other primers so I could compare it with this one. I have visible pores and a lot of TEXTURES on my t-zone area but this primer came through! It will fill in any visible pores to help your foundation glide on smoother.

My HG primer!
I use it with EL Double Wear foundation and it stays put all day and night. I spent a day with a full face of make up snow tubing, ice skating, soaking in the hot pools, followed by a 3.5 hour drive home and it still looked fresh when I got home! The bottle is lovely and yes can be annoying to get the last of it out but if you take the top off and stir it around you can get more through the pump, at at the very end just use the straw bit to collect up the product and put it straight on your fingers.
Recommendations: It is an oil free primer so I would recommend using it with an oil free foundation for best results. Lasts AGES, you need a baby pea size amount which isn't quite a full pump and I focus it on my T-zone and spreading out from there.Is expensive to buy here in NZ but Strawberry.net has it pretty cheap ;)

on 2/22/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm on my third bottle of this primer. It's the only primer I can use that doesn't irritate my skin and eyes. It has a nice glowing matte finish. Hard to describe. It's not greasy and it does extend my makeup wear and provide a smooth surface for my foundation. It leaves a very fresh look on your skin once your foundation is applied and it doesn't seem to contribute to acne for me. As I go through the day, it provides a decent amount of moisture without getting oily. It's colorless and it has no scent which I really like. But it's not a perfect product. For less than a full ounce, the price is quite steep and the other problem is the delivery system. The bottle is pretty but I shudder to think what would happen if I dropped it on the tile floor of my bathroom. Moreover, while having a measured pump mechanism does add to maintaining a more sterile use of the product, the pipe of the pump doesn't go down low enough in the bottle and ultimately I have to use a clean Q-tip to get the last 1/5 or so of the primer out of the bottle. It's really frustrating and wasteful. It does come in a travel size tube now that is preferable to the glass bottle, but it's hard to find so it's not something I would use on a regular basis. Still unless I find something better, I'll stick with this primer.

on 1/1/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It's like baby skin by Maybelleine but less moisture...less silicon? I would just use Maybelleine instead of this.I have a travel size sample.It's nice and soft....It's good but you could get something cheaper instead of this..Too expensive for me. I tried it in the glass jar also and it's hard to get out....