Lancome La Base Pro

Lancome La Base Pro

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely loved this primer!!! I use a lot of Lancôme products and I love them! I use to never wear primers and I kept seeing how mau always would say how important they are so I wanted to get a good one, but it was hard to choose seeing as theres so many face primers out there lol so I asked my girlfriend who is a excellent mua and she recommended me this one and I love love love it, I have very dry skin so it definitely helps with that. it is pretty pricey so when it's a casual day I'll use my revlon primer, but when I'm working or going out definitely use my Lancôme

on 4/6/2016 5:44:00 AM

I bought this product mainly because i was a newbie to primer a few years back and i though why not buy a good quality high end one to start. Well big mistake!
30ml of product which lasted me around 2 weeks and I don't use much at all.

it felt nice but didn't keep my make up on any longer than usual, left dry patches around my nose and mouth.

For such an expensive primer this doesn't do anything at al other than hurt my bank account.

To Read all 188 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/16/2016 6:54:00 PM

Love how soft it makes my skin feel! It keeps my makeup in place all day (and I touch my face a lot!). It feels fresh and light and doesn't cause breakouts. I would definitely recommend giving this a try!

I have been using this primer for years and with any foundation it only makes it look better:) I will forever be using this primer. I have used it with lancome tient idole 24 hour wear and also with Nars sheer glow and also with urban decay naked skin! 100% best primer

on 11/20/2015 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall it's a good primer, but not good enough for me.

I bought it mainly for the reviews that said it was good controlling oils, but I should have known that silicone based primers can't do much at oil control.

I like the consistency. It's like silicone, but very lightweight. You only need a very small amount to cover your entire face. It spreads very easily, and face feels instantly smooth, mate and not greasy or sticky at all. The makeup applies very well after, and looks very good, as a primer should do. The makeup stays put longer, but it doesn't prevent oil . My skin looks and feels just as oily, in the same amount of time. (I have very oily skin)

I paid around 28 euros, which I find reasonable if it was a good primer for me, and it's high end. But it's not what I'm looking for... so I wouldn't buy it again.

The packaging is a glass bottle, but it's very thick glass, so it won't break easily.

on 9/21/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really don't think this product does everything it claims to do, at least not for me. I used a sample of this daily, and it lasted me about three weeks. It does feel nice on the skin. At first it feels a little greasy but it absorbs really quickly and then makes the skin feel smooth. But besides that, I don't think it "diffused light" or did much to improve the look of my skin. I also don't think it did much in terms of making my makeup last longer throughout the day - for that, I think it's comparable to any random primer out there. So although I like the way it felt on my skin, it didn't really seem to do much in the way of improving the way it looks.

on 9/11/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Feels really silky but will cause your face to look like you dipped it in grease by the end of the day. Beware if you have oily skin!

Such a strange consistently, but it does the job. Skin feels wonderfully smooth. Would I repurchase? I might look around elsewhere and see if anything else works. I do need a foundation primer - seems to help my foundation/concealer stay in place. Is it my HG? Not sure yet.

I have some fine lines and flaky patches on my skin, as well as pores on my cheeks and nose and this truly does seem to smooth my face for foundation application. Foundation stays on through the day and into the night, even in the heat. Quite pricey but it is a product that is effective in all the ways that I need a primer to perform.

on 7/1/2015 3:38:00 AM

La Base Pro has only two ingredients which made me really question its retail price (I got a full size for gratis). I used it all over and at first was not terribly impressed. I was looking for something to make my foundation last longer - La Base Pro did not do that (finding a better foundation did but that's another story). It also didn't help with oil control which, at the height of summer, which would have been appreciated.

Now that I'm on retin-A, have dry skin and it's winter, this primer is great. It smoothes over flakes, creates a smooth surface for application and most importantly STOPS foundation from settling into fine lines! This is brilliant on the under eye area which can store concealer in its crevices and get dehydrated and crepe paper-like come 4pm. I don't like layering too many products on daily but I do use this under my eyes and it keeps the area looking plump and fresh as it forms a barrier between the skin and the moisture-sucking properties of most concealers.