Lancome La Base Pro

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

on 1/1/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It's like baby skin by Maybelleine but less moisture...less silicon? I would just use Maybelleine instead of this.I have a travel size sample.It's nice and soft....It's good but you could get something cheaper instead of this..Too expensive for me. I tried it in the glass jar also and it's hard to get out....

This is a beautiful silky silicone primer. It really does help make foundation go on better and stay longer. This primer fills in rough skin texture like pores and lines. Works really well with Lancôme teint idole ultra foundation. Glides on better and gives more coverage. It's similar to smashbox photo finish primer, but the smashbox one is thicker. This primer is really thin and silky, but very easy to smooth on. Only need 2-3 pumps. The downside is it's really expensive, $59AUD for only 25ml. My HG primer.

The pump bottle is a pain. I've reached the bottom and it won't pump out anymore but there's still heaps left behind on the bottom and also on the sides. But I found a solution. Buy craft rods, they are really thin paddle pop sticks. Or even kebab sticks. That will do the trick. Just stick it inside the bottle and scrap it out. I wish Lancôme used a squeeze tube for this primer.

on 9/13/2016 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great primer. Its got a very soft velvety feel and glides on easily, doesn't clog my pores nor does it make me oily. I only need to use tiny bit at a time so my bottle will last me for ages.
I use it every day and can't even begin to imagine going a day without it.
I have tried many primers before this one but hated them as I didn't feel it really did much of anything but La Base has restored my faith.
I highly recommend and would definitely repurchase again.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely loved this primer!!! I use a lot of Lancôme products and I love them! I use to never wear primers and I kept seeing how mau always would say how important they are so I wanted to get a good one, but it was hard to choose seeing as theres so many face primers out there lol so I asked my girlfriend who is a excellent mua and she recommended me this one and I love love love it, I have very dry skin so it definitely helps with that. it is pretty pricey so when it's a casual day I'll use my revlon primer, but when I'm working or going out definitely use my Lancôme

on 4/6/2016 5:44:00 AM

I bought this product mainly because i was a newbie to primer a few years back and i though why not buy a good quality high end one to start. Well big mistake!
30ml of product which lasted me around 2 weeks and I don't use much at all.

it felt nice but didn't keep my make up on any longer than usual, left dry patches around my nose and mouth.

For such an expensive primer this doesn't do anything at al other than hurt my bank account.

on 2/16/2016 6:54:00 PM

Love how soft it makes my skin feel! It keeps my makeup in place all day (and I touch my face a lot!). It feels fresh and light and doesn't cause breakouts. I would definitely recommend giving this a try!

I have been using this primer for years and with any foundation it only makes it look better:) I will forever be using this primer. I have used it with lancome tient idole 24 hour wear and also with Nars sheer glow and also with urban decay naked skin! 100% best primer

on 11/20/2015 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall it's a good primer, but not good enough for me.

I bought it mainly for the reviews that said it was good controlling oils, but I should have known that silicone based primers can't do much at oil control.

I like the consistency. It's like silicone, but very lightweight. You only need a very small amount to cover your entire face. It spreads very easily, and face feels instantly smooth, mate and not greasy or sticky at all. The makeup applies very well after, and looks very good, as a primer should do. The makeup stays put longer, but it doesn't prevent oil . My skin looks and feels just as oily, in the same amount of time. (I have very oily skin)

I paid around 28 euros, which I find reasonable if it was a good primer for me, and it's high end. But it's not what I'm looking for... so I wouldn't buy it again.

The packaging is a glass bottle, but it's very thick glass, so it won't break easily.

on 9/21/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really don't think this product does everything it claims to do, at least not for me. I used a sample of this daily, and it lasted me about three weeks. It does feel nice on the skin. At first it feels a little greasy but it absorbs really quickly and then makes the skin feel smooth. But besides that, I don't think it "diffused light" or did much to improve the look of my skin. I also don't think it did much in terms of making my makeup last longer throughout the day - for that, I think it's comparable to any random primer out there. So although I like the way it felt on my skin, it didn't really seem to do much in the way of improving the way it looks.

on 9/11/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Feels really silky but will cause your face to look like you dipped it in grease by the end of the day. Beware if you have oily skin!