Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by age: 44-55
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 10/1/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for mineral makeup is over. I tried many cheaper brands and returned them all for various reasons, wrong color, showed wrinkles, pores, etc. I have been a Prescriptives foundation wearer for over 15+ years and why I didn't think to look at my favorite, I do not know. I plunked down the $32.50 and a bunch more $$ because Prescriptives is going out of business and I cannot be without my favorite foundations. I read all the reviews and was hoping that I would like this product, and I do....

I put tons of moisturizer on my skin and applied concealer on one side of my face only. I left the other side without concealer to see how much coverage the mineral makeup would provide. The coverage was beautiful on both sides, but the side without concealer would only work for going to the grocery store, running errands, etc. I tried to apply concealer over the mineral makeup and that created a mess and my pores looked really weird.

I am a novice at applying this, so I know that I will have experiment to get the right finish. The color match was perfect. I chatted online with the Prescriptives representative and she recommended the color based on my current foundation. I am a Y/O and Vellum is my shade and I purchased the Warm Light 2 and it is perfect.

on 3/19/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this MMU and I swore I was done with MMU at the end of last summer. This is very (I mean very) finely milled almost to the point when my brush hits it, it poofs in the are like smoke. This can be either a good thing or bad thing like breathing it in :(. The finish is very sheer so if I wanted to use it as a finishing powder I can, or I can build the coverage. I find the shade selection impressive, and I think over all if you get color matched by someone at Px who knows what they are doing, the look and finish will be flawless. Don't be afraid to try the cool colors because they are not that cool but more neutral. I was matched to Cool Level 2 and I am NC/NW20 in the winter. The real test will be how it holds up in the heat an humidity in the summer (the itching so far with this NONE - it may be more for sensitive skins than BE) . I LOVE the container it comes in and it makes swirling the brush around a breeze. Why did I give 4 lippies instead of 5? For one, is the way it is milled - you really have to be careful not to breath this stuff in. Second, it is a bit pricey. This reminds me a lot of Every Day Minerals which is about a third less expensive. Unfortunately, I didn't do well with getting a color match with them no matter how many samples I've tried.
EDIT: I had to return this. Broke out in hives/rash. Not sure why. I do have sensitive skin though. Took off a lippie.

on 12/4/2008 10:56:00 PM

I've been using this for about 3 weeks. The color match is spot on. Cool #2 I believe. I am a BE drop out. Lumiere has been my foundation for a couple of years and after visiting the Prescriptives counter at Macy's decided to give this a try. I used to be an exclusive Prescriptives girl when it was a new line. I am happy with the color match and coverage of this. I use a flat top Lumiere brush to apply. Coverage is buildable.

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Have experienced no breakouts with this. I think this is right up their with the Lumiere Cashmere.

on 9/11/2008 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like prescriptives foundations and powders which I have been using for many years. But this doesn't look natural on me, looks like I have makeup on even if I use a small amount. The color also was too dark.It looks too cakey to apply for my job and to heavy for weekends or running errands. I sometimes use it if I am going out at night to the mall or a fast food, for nothing special, so at least I don't feel that I wasted my money completely. Definetely I won't repurchase this stuff.

I love this foundation! This is the first one I've used that hasn't settled in my lines and wrinkles. I really like the finish and that it looks like I have nothing on. The Shiseido cream blush that I use goes on smoothly and blends in perfectly. I have tried the Bare Minerals and found that it required too many steps and looked chalky on my face. When this first came out, I was skeptical about the coverage and finish but not any more.

on 7/27/2008 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product has moved me to write my first review on makeupalley after 2 years of browsing daily! I've tried bare minerals, urban decay surreal skin, everydayminerals, pure luxe cosmetics, meow cosmetics, mac minerals, and now finally this. Finally, I've found my foundation HG! I encourage everyone to go to their nearest Prescriptives counter, get matched up, and have the analyst apply it to you. Go home, and live out your day with it on. It makes me skin look naturally flawless and controls oil without drying me out. Coolest part to me? I go tanning in it, and not only does the titanium dioxide completely keep my face from tanning, but my skin looks amazing afterwards. I can't believe my makeup holds up tin Hollywood tans super hot beds. When I think of all the expensive foundations sitting in my bathroom, I'm relieved to have finally found the right one for me. I do understand this might not work on everyone, so as I said, if your interested, have it applied to you. Not all skin is appropriate for mineral makeup! Enjoy!

on 7/26/2008 5:18:00 PM

I have been using this product for about two weeks now and I really love it. I have tried many, many mineral foundations over the years but had no success. None gave me the desired coverage and often left me shiny and/or itchy. I am 45 now but still have oily skin, my skin has a lot of red in it and have some brown spots from sun damage. I was matched with Level 2 Cool and it is perfect. Just a few strokes with the brush and it gives me the kind of skin I wish I had. It has great staying power too, I can go to a spinning class for 45 minutes, come out all sweaty but the makeup stays put. I also live in humid Florida so it has staying power too. I hope they always make this I truly love it.

on 7/24/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't have young, poreless skin by any means - grrr - but this product is working well for me after two weeks of initially skeptical use. Living in the humid South, my priority is decent coverage with minimal makeup-feel that won't make my already oily skin worse. That's why I like the idea of powder, mineral or otherwise. I purchased this on a sort-of-whim and am surprisingly pleased. Compared to Bare Minerals, this has much less of that annoying shiny *glow* that had a tendency to make my pores look like craters. I so wanted to love Bare Minerals but after years of on-and-off frustration, it's just not for me. Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation applied with a light hand gives me a texture that almost looks darn close to what I wish my skin looked like w/o make-up. I'm still a bit oily looking after awhile, but nothing a quick fluff of Mineral Veil can't fix. The coverage, though shockingly natural, manages to take care of my red undertones and stays true all day. I can't say the same for any high or low end liquid or powder. ************************
Alas, I ended up returning this. The shimmer which didn't seem obnoxious in the beginning really began to bug me. And this sounds weird but the powder felt almost wet upon application. The more closely I inspected my face, the less I liked the way this stuff sat on my skin. Oh well, it seemed like a possible winner but, in the end, no love match!

on 7/20/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this product so bad! I tried on, and purchased the Level 2 warm light (I am NC25). But, after purchasing, I looked in the car mirror and saw huge pores, metallic skin, and giant wrinkles. This foundation made me look 10 years older, at least! I had to go into the restroom and wash my makeup off completely.

PRO- it didn't bother my eyes CONS- it exaggerated my wrinkles, pores and uneven texture. It looked good inside the store, but not outside in real light. SKIN TYPE- sensitive, combo.

I am disappointed! I thought it was going to be great. But, I am returning it unopened today.

on 7/7/2008 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Found the coverage good, but the feel very heavy and dry. The colors are also very dark. I only tried it at the counter, but because of the dry feel to it I didn't buy it....I may go back and try it again with a different primer because I did like the coverage.