Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by age: 30-35
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.4

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

This is my HG foundation. I love it! When I thought Prescriptives was going out of business I ran out and bought 5 backups. I am relieved that I can still purchase Prescriptives online. I use Retin A and many liquid foundations emphasize the dry flakes that I am always fighting. This mineral powder gives me great natural looking coverage without emphasizing my dry skin. I do use a concealer under it on a few dark spots left over from blemishes. The color is perfect for me ( I use level 2 warm light). My favorite part is how easy and quick it is to apply. I have to get up at 5am and I'm too tired in the morning to fuss with anything complicated. This Is much quicker and easier to apply then liquid foundation. One container also lasts me almost a year and I use it almost every day. I have used the Prescriptives powder brush but I prefer to use my Sephora mineral makeup brush.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this foundation. It does not clog my pores like a lot of cream/liquid foundations, it gives great coverage but doesn't look like your wearing anything, and a little really does go a long way. I heard that they are discontinuing this line but I hope thats not true because this is a great foundation.

The only draw backs are the packaging and the brush. Its very difficult to travel with this tub/jar all the powder fills into the top portion if turned upside down or sideways. Also the brush hairs ALWAYS come off on my face when applying.

on 1/19/2010 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great. Its like the Laura mercier mineral powder but it is richer for dryer skin.
The ingredients are just fantastic. all the prescriptives products have really good ingredients in general. the result is flawless. they have such diversity of colors to match the skin tone well. natural sun block also.this one lasts really a long time. 1.5 years for a tub. its worth the money for sure. too bad they will stop making such great things soon.

on 12/5/2009 4:39:00 PM

agree. same problem. i now have a much scarred chin thanks to a few times using this

on 11/15/2009 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Although this product claims to be non-comedogenic, I invariably break out after continuous use for about a week or so, especially over my chin. If it wasn't for that, it would have been the perfect daily wear make up for me.

It has taken me a while to find a shade match with a mineral foundation! Using this along with their primer, it lasts all day, and hasn't broken me out yet, even after 5 weeks of using it! I do wish that the container had an adjustable lid to let out just the amount of product you want and to keep it from coming out when the container is upside down, though.

on 3/20/2009 6:45:00 AM

Hmmm not great. Coverage is OK but (a) it makes me look a bit greasy (b) it makes me look sallow and it does tend to show up any imperfections. I cannot bear to look at myself under the fluorescent lights at work. I think i much prefer a talc based preparation to be honest like Armani silk powder.

on 11/2/2008 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I tried BE and, like most reviewers stated, you look like a disco ball. This mineral foundation makes you look totally natural. I do like using my BE brush, since the one they recommend for this provides a heavier coverage that I do not need. This product is also great at absorbing oil. I may blot once during the afternoon, though its not entirely a must. I hope they make this product forever.

on 9/5/2008 3:21:00 PM

I tried this product on twice and I generally love Prescriptive products so I wanted to love this as well. I currently use Bare Minerals and was looking for something where I could cut down on my makeup routine. With BM you have to put on the foundation and then the mineral veil, I want something where I only need to put on the foundation and be over with it all.

My experience with this product was the coverage was way too heavy. I could tell I was wearing makeup because it's so heavy and I don't apply makeup with a heavy hand.

The next thing is it left me looking shiny. I tried twice with this product and didn't like it. I finally used it on half my face and the other half of my face I used my BM. You could really tell the difference.

So I took it back and explained to the girl that it's too heavy and it left a shine. She thinks it has to do with the amethyst powder in it. Weird ingredient to have in make up.

on 8/12/2008 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

barbieH, thank you a million for the ingredient list! Bismuth Oxychloride is the one causing breakouts, I believe. It is the no. 1 ingredient in Bare Escentuals that made me itch with every sign of perspiration and caused breakouts. Some people might also be allergic to iron oxides, especially in eyeshadows. Are there any other foundations by Prescriptives that would have no Bismuth Oxychloride? The phrase "may contain" actually means "contains". BE started putting the phrase "may contain" instead of "ingredients" so people wouldn't get frightened by Bismuth Oxychloride listed as the main ingredient. What a shame.