Prestige Hi-Definition Fluid Eyeliner Stylist

Price: $

on 2/2/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got it on sale from walgreens, I've always wanted to try them but I hate to pay and get a hateful result. Thank goodness for the sales, I got the chance to try them. I got 2 colors, black and brown. I like the brush part, it's very easy to apply and very easy to use. I like the black color that I've got, somehow the brown seems all dried up or something, it doesn't go on smoothly, not much fluid coming out as I draw the line, must been in the box too long maybe? It lasted till the end of day, still in good condition, maybe when my black died it will just be like the brown one.

Wow, I can't believe there aren't more reviews for this little drugstore gem! This is one of the few marker-type eyeliners I've been able to find. The markers are so much easier to use than brushes or 'inkwell' felt-tips (hello, L'Oreal Lineur Intense), I wonder why more companies don't make them.

First, let me state that I do not wear black eyeliner, and I don't paint my waterline. I can't tell you how black Prestige's black is, or whether this works on the waterline. I can tell you that I love their Slate color. It's a neutral dark gray, no shimmer or sparkle, that goes with lots of different looks. Awesome substitute for black, when you want a softer look or if (like me) you think black is too harsh for your complexion. This stuff lasts all day even on my uber-oily skin. In fact, if I'm careless about removing my makeup in the evening, I'll wake up with most of my eyeliner still on! Treat this like a waterproof eyeliner when it comes to taking it off.

The short, stubby 'pen' takes a little adjustment of one's grip, but the lovely felt tip more than makes up for that. Pointed finely enough to satisfy my desire for razor-thin eyeliner, yet flexible and soft enough that one could easily create a more dramatic look with a fraction more pressure. (And I do mean a fraction. I barely touch the marker tip to my skin in order to get that thin line.) The tip has stayed nice and wet so far with no shaking required; it's only been a couple weeks, so I'll update if it dries out prematurely. I store the eyeliner on its side in my traincase, not sure whether this makes a difference.

In addition to my beloved Slate, this eyeliner comes in Black, Black/Brown, Navy, and... was that last one Teal or Wine? Argh, I can't remember. No true brown, alas. :( I will have to keep hunting for my one true brown eyeliner, but I have found my gray eyeliner in Slate!