Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

3.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER*, ALCOHOL SD (DENATURED WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL)*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, LECITHIN (SOYBEAN)*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER)*, OLEA EURPOAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM.

on 12/8/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

On its own, this tinted moisturizer didn't work that well for me. It was greasy, didn't last long and had a distinct filmy texture when it was on my face. I think it could be really good for dry-normal skin, but didn't work well for my combo-oily skin.

The colour match was not that great either, since even after I buffed it in really well, it still gave me a weird sheen that made me look like 1) it was the wrong colour, and 2) it looked unnatural and didn't soak into my pores. It just looked like it was on top of my skin, instead of really becoming blended like I would expect from a tinted moisturizer.

The main use I have for this tinted moisturizer is mixing it with a foundation or a more pigmented tinted moisturizer (like The Balm tinted moisturizer and NYX HD Studio Foundation). I like the finish it gives when mixed in with another foundation/tinted moisturizer product, since it adds sheen and lightness while the other products have the staying power and the depth in colour.

By itself, I won't use it again. I like the concept behind it, and the price was decent, but it definitely has a strong lavender smell that is very noticeable. It didn't work well for me, and since I have to mix it with other products, I'll pass.

I always recommend The Balm tinted moisturizers because those have been the best I've ever tried (especially for deeper skin tones and oiler skin).

on 5/25/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Not a fan of this product at all, I had good experiences with their mineral loose powder and decided to try this as the price wasn't too high & it seemed good to me. The smell...ugh I don't even know whether to describe it as medicine or what but it was terrible and it wouldn't go away. Once you applied this product you would constantly smell this & it's yucky plus strong, I definitely think even my class mates could smell it & kinda steer away from me because of it. The coverage was expectant because it's only a tinted moisturizer but felt it was streaky and gave me a chalky appearance even though it was a tiny bit darker than my skin color. I never bought this again & it did break me out, not PF's best product

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is very light coverage, of course, and it doesnt really stay very long. Also the cap of mine completely broke off so that made me kind of unhappy. Anyways its ok, but I prefer other tinted moisturizers so I wont repurchase it and I wont recommend it really. Its also very oily so not good with oily skin.

on 4/29/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was two for about eleven dollars at Wallie World. It's too much product for me so I'll probably gift the second one since it may expire before I use it all. I tried it today and it is pretty thin and easy to get in my hairline upon application. It blended easily. I have light skin, but I wanted a tan look, so I got the Natural to Tan. This color looked very natural and gave me a touch more color than I already have. It didn't turn orange or yellow on me which is a plus. It set quickly. It was a bit shiny even after it dried and slightly had that glowy sunblock feel. No problem. I followed it up with my powder bronzer and it toned the shine down. I also used my Clinique concealer under my eyes to hide some of the darkness. By the way, the smell did not bother me at all. It is a bit earthy smell, but if you're used to Burt's Bees and other natural products, you've probably gotten used to the way those products smell - kind of like sticking your nose in the ground. The smell does go away, and I don't notice it after it dries.

I will continue to use this product. It didn't bother my sensitive skin and toned down red areas around my nose and above my chin. The Fair to Light probably would be too light for most light skinned people. I would suggest only the fairest ladies go with the fair to light. It probably wouldn't show up on the average skin tone.

I am a huge fan of tinted moisturizer, and I like this product enough to have gone through two tubes already. On most days, I apply this and a light dusting of my Coastal Scents Tinted Mineral Veil and I'm good to go. It gives just enough coverage to even out my skintone, while helping me maintain a healthy, natural "glow." For $11-$13 a tube, I don't think that you get very much product (1 ounce), but I don't need much to achieve the coverage I want. So one tube lasts me a long time. It does have a noticeable scent, but it smells nice and clean and I actually like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great to apply on days where you don't want to put on heavy makeup! It evens out your skintone, and absorbs quickly! I love it.

on 5/31/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love WetnWild TM but I have heard good reviews about this. Although reviews here are not that great, I personally think this is a great product considering quality and ingredients. I am super oily and unlike other people, I did not feel that this made me oilier. It has a pleasant smell and it feels great on my skin. I feel that my skin is well moisturized but not greasy at all. I put some light blush on this and it stays on. It definitely gives a glow. The only complaint is the color. Natural to Tan is medium. It is not remotely close to tan at all. I recommend this to every one-

on 12/25/2008 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this as a gift a few weeks ago. I didn't use it right away since I am picky about moisturizers, but once I started using it, I loved it! It's has a light creamy texture, which is perfect for putting on right out of the shower. It does not make me break out. In fact, my skin's been looking healthier since I've been using this. It give me the right amount of tint, so I don't have to use foundation during the day. The smell doesn't bother me, and it fades very quickly, just about as long as it takes to dry. My skin glows because of this! Plus, I like the fact that it has sun protection in it, SPF 15. This is better than CeraVe (if CeraVe was tinted).

EDIT: Holy crap. I don't know if this is because it was the bottom of the tube or because the season changed, BUT... I have been breaking out soooo bad because of this! And you can see every single pore on my face. I used to LOVE this product, now I won't even think about putting it on my face.

on 4/21/2008 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Marketed as Organic, and certainly smells organic (fairly strong herbal scent that fades fast) but I'm sure that most of the ingredients aren't really organic. But, I don't care. I have tried what seems to be a zillion Tinted Moisturizers and so far this is my favorite. Feels light and moisturizing when I put it on, doesn't leave a filmy feel of foundation. Blends wonderfully and covers very well. Doesn't make me look overly shiny or show dry flakes. It looks a bit shiny at first, but sinks into my skin in a few minutes to look natural.

Just right, Goldilocks!

Good price, not a whole lot of shade options, but seems to be fairly forgiving. I'm a medium neutral (MAC NC40ish)- this shade could be just a touch more yellow for my skin, but it's almost perfect. Will repurchase.