MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.9

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

I was so excited to buy this product after using ID mineral foundation for years. I wanted this product to keep at the office so that I didn't need to bring my other foundation in each day. I did trial it in the shop but the assistant used a full coverage concealer type product underneath (which I didn't buy - I was told it wasn't needed - but which clearly made the foundation look good).
It has a very poor coverage and makes my skin look dull and lifeless. I can also "feel" it on my skin which I hate. While the applicator (as part of the lid) is a good idea, it doesn't work in practice. It's way to stiff to blend the product well. I know the colour is right for my skin but it just looks awful compared to other products I've used. For the price, I thought it was a poor buy.
I'm throwing away this product after only a couple of uses . . .

on 4/7/2009 1:57:00 AM

I had such high expectations for this product, I really wanted to love it. But it made me so orange and it became streaky and cakey throughout the day.

When I first put it on in the morning it looked amazing, great covereage, it evens out my skin and looks flawless. I put it on my 50 year old Mum and it looks amazing so I ended up giving it to her.

I really love the applicator, its quick and easy when you're at home. But not really the best choice if you want something really portable.

Overall, it's not right for my particular skin type

on 9/20/2008 11:14:00 PM

I bought this becuase my friend told me it was matte. We went to the store and it was matte. I went home and used it for a few weeks and it was matte. I shook it, it is all shimmer now. I feel like throwing up or tossing it into the mirror. I hate shimmer, I love matte. This is all shimmer and I feel like I just waisted my money.Ughhhhh.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great packaging, bad product. I was excited when this came out, but it was dissapointing. The coverage is not bad to say,however it barely lasted 2 hours on my face, like it had melted off. i much prefer my HG mac Studio fix powder to this in terms of coverage and staying power. the finish was also a little too shiny for my liking, i like matte polished finishes. thumbs up for the packaging though.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Bought the new version. It shows up all my pores :(

on 3/23/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Bought the new version in the clear jar with the black lid. I do not like it at all. I bought it to use as a setting powder, not as a foundation. It's good i did because this does not have nearly enough coverage on its own, even considering how sheer its supposed to be. I am an NC25, a MUA on the MAC online chat told me to get Light/Medium. It's too light, I look very pale and washed out with it on. Also, I use a brush to apply my face powder, and the only way to do it with this is to turn the jar over and dump some into the lid. Inevitably, product gets wasted. Finally, this does not last at all on me. I apply it over Studio Sculpt foundation, so it should have some staying power. But by halfway through the day, it looks like I have no makeup on. Not good. Overall, very disappointing and will not repurchase.

on 4/14/2010 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Color of this was too yellow for me but my biggest concern was coverage and this did not give good coverage. Still prefer my original bare minerals. Also hated the jar-messy and can't see how much is left.

I had heard great things about MAC and once my mineral foundation ran out I went straight to the MAC store. I tried on this shade and it looked fine when the lady at the store applied it on me with a nice brush. But once I got home I found the sponge to apply very unevenly and cakey. So I had to use a separate brush, which was annoying to carry around. Mineral powder is meant to be good for your skin, but it made me breakout really badly. I took it around with me in my bag, and the MAC logo on the container scratched off entirely, and so did some paint(?), which made it look cheap.

on 3/31/2008 2:13:00 AM

For $29, this is an expensive little loose powder with innovative (yet ultimately not very effective) packaging. The top handle has a nice puff that picks up the loose powder in the package. I thought that maybe this user friendly packaging would be easier for me since I apply makeup in the car (I know, bad bad). But it just ended up depositing circles of powder around my face and required mirrored application and blending (unlike a regular powder brush which I found I could get away with brushing on my face without excess powder all over my face). To make matters worse, the powder didn't blend well into my skin and didn't control shine at all. The color was ok though for my NC30 skin tone. I returned the powder.

on 12/5/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

my first mineralized loose powder. i love it so much, i chose this color so i can look natural. not too light n not too dark. i think its going to discontinued since i cant find it on the website :S well i love this, its been few days using this for atleast 4hours and i dont need much touch ups, it doesnt feel heavy on my face and no greasy feeling and the best thing is that no white heads showing up! :D the price is ok for this especially they give a buffer, which mac RARELY gives complimentary accessory. but the packaging it self is not the best for me. when they say loose powder they really made it LOOSE, if i tap the tube to get some of the powder up i can see bits of powder lying away and the buffer it self is hard to use so i just use a big kabuki brush :) but overall LOVE it! :)

UPDATE 20th of june 2012
dont get me wrong, i LOVE this thing but i think its replaced by the no spf mineralize foundation/loose powder, i havent really tried that one but i found some little whiteheads popping on my face and mymum asked if theres a makeup or skincare thats causing it, so i was on a holiday for a week and i didnt wear it, and i realized that there were no whiteheads popping out, thankfully it was finished so i didnt have to waste it. so i took away 2 lippies :(
shame though, i really did love it :(