Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/21/2008 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

THIS WILL BE A LONG ONE.....

I LOVE IT!!!! I am an african american female with a caramel complexion. Most products from MAC, E.L. BB, Lancome, etc. are either too dark or too pale. I'm right in the middle of two colors at everybody's counter. Even Prescriptives didnt have a color for me unless I custom blend (which is more hassle than you know). I had the same problem with Fashion Fair (no color, too oily or too matte). Everything I bought looked like makeup. So historically, I haven't been a daily foundation user because I could not get a natural look.

I too felt Elizabeth was geared towards older non-ethic women. Surprise! Surprise! After 5 years of searching, I've found the treasure - Intervene Foundation. At 39, I have combination skin that's starting to patch in the cheek area and I've been getting breakouts on the chin and cheek area as well (people say it's hormonal - quite possible). (but I've NEVER EVER had acne before) I've had to change my skin care after 8 years to address these issues but am now at the point where foundation has to be daily.

Intervene (Soft Tan) is awesome. I look fresh, vibrant, dewy, natural all day. I've never liked the powdered look, nor do I like to be greasy..(yuck).. but Intervene makes my skin look happy and exciting and fresh (flirty). Usually after about 3 hours, I get the oily forehead because of my t-zone, and you can see the makeup separating. Not anymore. I can go all day!!! Usually about 4:30 (right before leaving work) I'll take a tissue and lightly dab my forehead and I'm back to the same morning face. I love it!

All I need is one pump and my foundation brush for all over coverage (face/neck). I have some scarring on my cheeks from the acne that's not covered completely, but it's toned down significantly. My next trek will be for concealer, but I'm in no hurry because I'm totally pleased and more confident with my appearance after using this foundation.

I gave it a 5, because it's a perfect color match, it looks great, it makes me feel beautiful, it has staying power; it does everything I want it to do.

I gave it a 3 for price because I felt it was average among others. I've paid as high as $65 for foundation, so at $36, it was a pleasure to purchase it.

I gave it a 4 for packing because I'm not sure how easy it will be to get the end of it out because its a pump. However, the pump minizes the amount of bacteria and extra oils that can get into the bottle. When using other liquid foundations, after a while, the makeup would start to separate or look oily in the bottle and wouldnt go on well. Even compacts have me worried, so I really appreciate the pump.

The shape and look of the bottle is quite lovely and makes it appealing to the eye. I really like pretty things so the packaging was a perk for me.

Thanks to Elizabeth Arden. They've done it!!! Please don't change the formula or the colors available. Everytime I like something, it's discontinued (readers beware)

UPDATE: Still using Intervene (Soft Tan) Jan/Feb was a little drier in the cheeks so I just used a little extra moisturizer and viola!!! I've even patted moisturizer over the makeup and still looked marvelous. I like applying with a dry foundation brush. But my favorite is a damp foundation brush - I just quickly swipe it through running water and dab the excess water onto tissue paper - one pump of the foundation to the back on the hand and apply.

I still love this foundation. I'm still getting compliments, even from ladies and you know how we can be. :)

I'm almost out of it, which is a first for me. I dont think I've ever used a complete bottle of foundation because something always happened whether, seasoned changed, product began to separate in the bottle, broke me out, dried me out...it was always something. With this product, I didnt even have to buy a winter color!!!! Can you believe that?

on 2/27/2008 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I checked the MUA top picks on foundation from time to time. Yesterday I noticed this item from EA suddenly popped up from nowhere, I was never interested in the EA stuff, but did some searching on the net & headed to the store. I am NC 30, GA 5.5, LM #4, I was tossing between the soft sunbeige 03 and the darker shade, which is soft beige. These are the 2 shades that looks yellow, those in between has some pink/peach to it. I bought the sunbeige, which is just a smidge lighter, but this fdn is forgiving & I usually put one thin even layer on. Unlike theatrical makeup, I don't believe in building the coverage with fdn, I will go over with concealer for spot coverage.
This fdn is every bit comparable to GA MSF, love the pump feature on both, I like the package better in EA better. One little tip of mind when shopping on fdn: since the undertone is most most important to me ie. be it yellow, pink/peach, beige. Therefore I always carried a piece of Ink-Jet paper with me & smear some fdn on it to watch for the undertone, I love it whenever I do that, the SA will go yack yack yack (they never saw that b4) ... I simply ignored them. Since the lighting in the store is artificial & ink-jet paper is perfectly white, I can easily identify the yellow tone & pick the shade (lighter or darker).
Oh, a nice satin-matte finish, may need a little powder on the T-zone, definitely will repurchase.
Update: I returned to get the 07 soft beige, Now I can mix 1:1 ratio to suit my skin & likely 1:2 in summer.

on 1/19/2012 8:18:00 AM

This make-up is incredibly light and seems almost watery when it is applied, but oh, my goodness, what it looks and feels like after it is on is incredible. It is a lovely matte finish-not dry matte, but a soft matte-and lasts all day on my almost sixty year-old skin. Add the loose powder, and you have a beautiful look. It will not totally cover my few sun spots, but I don't believe I would want to wear a make-up heavy enough to do that. It does soften them until they are barely noticeable on my forehead. Love this base!

on 1/21/2008 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So, I'm a total sucker for GWP.. and the winter blahs have kicked in fierce. So, off to the mall I go... This foundation is the bomb. Goes on easily ( with a finger or brush) The MA said to "push it into the skin". It disapears fast, and I can't even tell where I placed it, it blends it perfectly. Dries to a natural, matte finish. The pump bottle is perfect, I have a feeling that this will last for a loooong time. It made my pores almost invisible, and did not settle into my lines and wrinkles. ( I'm 51 years old, and a recovering sun-worshipper). Lovin this foundation so far.

on 5/25/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful, skin-perfecting foundation! To me, it performs like Armani or Chanel; it's undoubtedly high quality. Intervene lasts on my skin as long as MAC Pro-Longwear, but it doesn't have the flat, matte finish; and Intervene's finish is more flattering and contemporary looking on me. It adds some dimension, yet controls oil. It has a finish that gives a perfected, rather than natural look. Soft Beige is more "neutral" than "warm". I wish there were a couple more shades because Soft Beige is just a little too light, and not warm enough. It has such a beautiful finish on my skin I don't mind tweaking the shade by blending in a bit of other foundation and setting with bronzer or pigmented powder. If I do repurchase, I'll buy Soft Toast. (I'm NC35-37, C4). If you're looking for something to make pores disappear, you must try this foundation! This is what I use for an "airbrushed" look. It isn't as natural-looking as my favorite, Face & Body Makeup, but as long as I keep my other makeup light, it works very well.

Finally I have my HG foundation for my new older skin. I tried a sample first because at that point was pretty happy with my Maybelline foundation until I suspected it was giving me the oilies or at least something is, still undecided what it is for sure but I wanted to try it out of curiosity because it was a top pick. Of course the assistant talked me into the wrong color as always and I a very fair redhead walked away with the soft cream shade, well despite looking orange I coud see the quality of the foundation and went back armed with a pen on a sunny day. I picked up all the lightest shades and put all of them on my jaw with the number written underneath (yes, I drew on myself) and walked off outside much to the surprise of the assistant whom I politely ignored as she told me they all looked good and checked it out in the sunshine. I then bought some in the soft shell shade, this is supposed to be neutral/pink but in the sunlight it didn't look any less yellow than the soft sunbeige just lighter. Needless to say it is a pretty good match with a little bit of wiggle room for summer. This stuff is amazing, it sinks into the skin in a very surprising way without losing coverage and I have never seen that before in a foundation. Initially when you look at the consistency of the makeup you could suspect it to be heavy but not so and it because sinks into the skin, it never and I mean never settles into any lines or creases. It is oil free without being flat or drying and gives a subtle glow and to top it all off, it stays in place all day. How on earth they have pulled this off is beyond me but I suppose eventually the foundation with everything was bound to arrive. Its not cheap but its not expensive either especially considering its performance and I nearly forgot to say, you need very little to acheive the flawless effect, I would pay more if I had to and even though I had decided to try and go drugstore for money reasons this is beyond tempting. Its marketed for mature skins as an anti- aging foundation for normal skin but I think this could work for any age and skin type less perhaps an exceptionally dry skin.

EDIT:I have a sinking feeling that after a few weeks of wear that this is drying my skin out and is isn't wearing as well as I thought it would. I might have to keep it for going out or special occaisons as I am OK for half a day or so, I don't think I can wear this everyday. I am heartbroken because I really thought this was my HG but this doesn't detract from how wonderful I think this foundation is although I am irritated just like the person who posted a few up that there never seems to be a good enough choice for the fairer skin. I can getaway with softshell but I could stand to go a bit lighter but that said this will be perfect after a month or two of sun.

on 2/20/2008 6:38:00 PM

I have the hardest time finding a foundation I like. But so far, I think I found my HG. It has a nice medium coverage (could probably be built up or down) and has the nicest finish -- not too matte but definitely not too dewey or greasy. But best of all is the color selection. Most foundations are either too yellow or way to pink/peach. I'm on the warm side so I bought Soft Sunbeige. It's the perfect warm/neutral (MAC NC25 but not as yellow but not as pink as NW25). I think it's probably the best color match I've ever had. I never would have guessed I would buy an Elizabeth Arden foundation. What a pleasant surprise.

I love this makeup so far and have tried almost everything from low end to high end products. At first the SA gave me Ceramide to try and it was too oily and heavy. I wanted a medium coverage that did not accentuate wrinkles and also smoothed out my pores. I have been very pleased with this as it seems to do both. Last week my hubby said my makeup looked really good! He has never commented on it before. I am also using EA prevage for face and eyes and my neice recently asked me if I had botox! That question has made me a believer in EA products. I also love the ceramide gold caps. Most people think I am still in my 40's and I will be 56 next month. Think I will stick with EA for awhile

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation that I've ever tried. It last as long as Estee Lauder Double Wear (which is what I previously used) but without the thick cakey texture/appearance. That being said, it also gives enough coverage to help cover up my blemishes and make me feel comfortable, but still has a very natural, almost "healthy glowing skin" look to it's finish.

I also have oily skin and it does wonders for my skin (it's oil free). But my friend with very dry skin loves this foundation as well.

on 1/23/2008 6:29:00 AM

I agree with previous review. I will add that it looks as good in the am as it does in the pm without a touchup. I have used all foundations, from the most expensive SKII to Milani at CVS, and I am surpised by Elizabeth Ardens since I don't usually care for this brand. I was at the counter because I do love their ceramide perfect lipsticks and I sampled this foundation and went back the next day to purchase. I wear it over Chanel's new primer and that makes a very natural finish for me.