Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

on 9/23/2004 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Very pretty neutral...my lips only better!!

This is my #1 lipstick. I read other's reviews and noticed that there were some complaints about the scent. It smells like lipstick. It's not perfumed. I didn't think it was a super-strong smell, I didn't even notice a scent. I really don't see any value in putting fragrance on my lips, perhaps if I found it strongly bad-smelling it would be a problem. I do like scented cosmetics (Sepora lippies and Estee Lauder's Pure Color Lipstick do smell nice to me) but I can really go without it. All that being said, I like this color immensely. It is a brown-toned pink that does not turn one bit orange or fushia. It's a bit lighter than my natural lip color, maybe a bit lighter than I dream of, but it plays well for daytime wear, with darker eyes, and is a professional matt color. I rarely go for the dark lip look so this is great. I am getting tired of the cost of BB and similar cosmetics though.

on 7/16/2004 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Dirty Pink! I think they picked sandwash because they didn't want to say dirty pink! It's a pretty nice lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had heard great things about this shade and how it would look lovely with my fair complexion, however, as soon as I applied it the SMELL/TASTE was so bad (this is my first BB lipstick so I can't speak for the others), that I just put it away and never tried it again. The color seemed all right but nothing miraculous. I am always on the search of the PERFECT lipstick that looks understated without making me look washed out....I'm still hunting.

on 12/31/2003 9:36:00 PM

Sandwash pink is a pink brown lipstick on the nude side. It is pretty matte. I do not like to wear it alone; like to pair it with bb lipgloss in buff for the nude lips looks. This is better than beige l/s on me but I like rasberry shimmer better on me than this. This sandwash pink lipstick is good to wear when your eyelids and cheeks are full of shimmer. I am not sure if I will buy this again. I recently aquired a mini version of Laura Mercier tea rose l/s and I haven't decided which I like better. They are similar that there is no need both unless you really love nude pink lipsticks.

on 7/13/2003 3:14:00 PM

Very pale sand pink color with a bit of shimmer. I find it too light for me so I layer it over other darker lipsticks.

on 5/23/2003 12:07:00 AM

A nice pale pink lipstick with creamy-matte, great for everyday use. However I agree that it smells & tastes stale.

on 4/4/2003 8:51:00 PM

This is a very pretty shade--just not on me! It is a warm pink that is delicate and subtle, but really washed my complexion out. Great lasting power, but like all BB lipsticks, it has a rather eewy stale smell to it.

on 3/2/2003 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A very beautiul, "dirty pink"! Flattering and neutral, great for everyday.

on 2/18/2003 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The best, most natural shimmery nude pink you will ever find. Bobbi Brown makes great lipsticks and most colors are so easy to wear. This color is just SO pretty.