Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

My new favorite foundation of ALL time!

First of all let me say how great it felt being a WOC and be able to walk into Sephora and have MULTIPLE shade choices, not the 1 or 2 brown colors like almost all makeup companies offer.

The coverage is perfect not full not light just how I like it. I have very oily skin and this gave a soft matte coverage all day without sinking into my fine lines which usually happens to me with all matte foundations! And this is the first foundation that matches me perfect everything down to my undertone (I'm color 430) thank you rhianna I will only support this brand when I'm Sephora from now on!

on 9/19/2017 12:12:00 PM

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like this! One of my favourite foundations is the Estee Lauder Double Wear because of how well it controls oil and just lasts allllll day, but even on my combo-oily skin it can feel too heavy and tight and drying sometimes so I don't like wearing it for day to day wear. I feel like the Fenty Beauty foundation has everything I like about Double Wear but without the cons.

It doesn't control oil or last as long as Double Wear (I would say after about 8 hours it starts to look kinda oily and patchy), but it has the same matte finish (if a bit softer) and very good coverage and the best part is how comfortable it is to wear. I honestly can forget that I'm wearing foundation, it is that lightweight, plus I don't feel like this dries out my face at all. I think you build coverage more quickly if you apply with a brush, but I find that I get a nicer finish with a sponge - you do use up more product this way though. For best results I would recommend pumping some on your fingers, spreading it over half your face and then pressing it into the skin with the sponge - repeat with the other half. Put more on the places you feel like you want to build coverage. The product does dry fairly quickly so I wouldn't recommend trying to do your entire face all at once as you may have some difficulty blending it in. The shade 260 Medium Neutral is also an excellent match for me - I am usually around a MAC NC30-35. Although I have surface-yellow skin (am Asian), I have more neutral undertones and this is one of the rare Neutral undertone foundations I've tried that still has enough yellow in it for me that it doesn't make me look weirdly pink.

BUT. I WILL say that if you have significant amounts of texture on your face - dry patches, acne bumps, very large pores - I would suggest looking elsewhere, because this one's a clinger. I don't have much texture (most of my skin issues are hyperpigmentation-related), but what little texture I DO have (I will sometimes get dry patches around my nose) it emphasises like crazy (this is why I have taken one lippie off my rating). I have however heard of dry-skinned people who love this foundation and didn't think it made their texture look worse, so I guess different strokes for different folks. Though I would hands down recommend this for oilier skin types, I would be more cautious about getting this if you have dry skin.

Conclusion : If you've traditionally had issues getting a match in other foundation ranges because you have tricky-to-match undertones, the Fenty line's range of shades is one of its best features, so I would highly encourage getting colour-matched. Oilier skin types with little texture on the face are more likely to enjoy this as it provides a comfortable soft matte finish that does a good job with oil control and lasts pretty well.

on 9/18/2017 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ok, hear me out. Last week my friend ( Medium with yellow/olive undertones, oily t-zone) and I (Fair with neutral/pinkish tones, oily all over) went to Sephora and immediately went to the Fenty display. Everything is absolutely gorgeous looking. We both walked out with foundation (me 100, her 290) about one shade lighter since we heard many people say they oxidized. We also both bought the brush, which is beautiful, and I got a highlighter.

We put on our new foundation the next day and met up. I had problems immediately. Applying this foundation with the brush looked horrific. It immediately sank into pores and little indents I didn't even know I had. So I washed it off and tried my beauty blender. Much better. It dried and looked a little dull, but I know throughout the day it'll change. I did my usual routine minus setting spray as I wanted to see how it worked on its own. My friend used her Smashbox primer and the Fenty brush to apply hers. She liked the way it applied but did say her brush shed a little. So did mine.

We meet up during the day and go outside to look at each others makeup. So far...not so good. Coverage was eh, but we do realize we're used to heavier product. Every hair on each of our our faces was emphasized, which we've never seen happen before, and in some some areas it looked caked on. Ok, no big deal. This is a new formula for us both and we'll learn how to use it. About 3 hours into our day our skin started to very lightly get oily, which was great. Usually I am absolutely greasy by that point. But I looked in my mirror and noticed the areas around my mouth, chin and nose were really creased and patchy, so I used a concealer brush to smooth it out. Not looking so great. My friends makeup looked patchy as well, and every pore was visible. Maybe we did something wrong...

5 hours in and I needed to go home, I was so embarrassed. It had separated into something awful, spots were starting to show through, pores were on full display, it was beading and it looked like I hadn't even bothered blending the product and just slapped it on. My friend still wanted to give it a chance, but I could not. I returned it that night. Later in the evening my friend let me know that her face looked awful and that she was very sad, because this was the first foundation that completely matched her skin.

We both really enjoyed the colors and how light it felt. Even while it was sliding off of our faces, it felt weightless. Give it a shot, Sephora has a great return policy.

on 9/17/2017 3:01:00 AM

I like this but I don't love it, simply because the finish is a bit too flat for me and a little drying. I'm 160 matched to NC25, oxidises just a little, its a pretty good match and the coverage is med-full with no luminosity. I can imagine oily skins to love this since its a more advanced version of the Kat von D foundation, which was way too thick for me. The texture is very fine but not that spreadable, make sure you wear a wet type of primer with lots of slip, I found a hydrating one works the best or straight up sunscreen. I think this is a good foundation, its just not suitable for me, its really obvious that Im wearing foundation and at the end of the day, it has pooled a little at nose corners and is a little patchy. Its not a deal breaker however I still like my Shiseido Synchro skin much better. Love the color range, I took home 3 little pots, kudos for generous sephora girls. I found this to be similar to revlon colorstay, which I like better than this since its just not as flat. I have normal skin, maybe a little oily T zone. Packaging is great however I will use this on humid days. My recommendation is try before you buy.

on 9/16/2017 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Fragrance!!!

on 9/16/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation retails for $34 US, it contains 1.08 oz of product (standard is 1 oz), and it is housed in a heavy weight frosted glass bottle with a pump.

I have this in the shade 290- medium neutral olive which is a spot on match for me. Probably one of the best foundation matches that I have used. The other foundations that match me well are NARS Stromboli, GA Luminous Silk in #6 ( to get a perfect match I have to mix 2 parts shade #6 with one part shade #5.75) and Cover FX G50+.

I currently have oily-normal skin. My skin is well hydrated and exfoliated. This foundation has a soft matte finish and I believe designed for oily or normal skin. I can see why it wouldn't work for people with dry or skin texture issues. For me, it doesn't dry out my skin but it doesn't moisturize it either. On my skin, it gives me medium coverage, feels light on the skin, and a soft smooth matte finish. It is buildable to full coverage on me. It takes 1.5 pumps to cover my entire face and I go in with .5 pump to spot conceal. I don't feel the need to add additional concealer.

The true color of the foundation is after it sets on the face. In it's liquid form it is about a 1/2 shade to 1 shade lighter. After it sets I didn't notice is getting any darker. Something to keep in mind whem choosing a shade.

The foundation itself is very liquidity buy well pigmented. The foundation sets really fast so I found it best to work I sections or use a big foundation brush that will allow you to blend quickly. My favorite brush to use with this is Sigma 3DHD Max Kabuki.

I don't feel the need to set this with powder. It looks matte enough for me. It last about 6 hours before my skin gets oily. I just using blotting sheets or powder to get rid of the shine. My foundation is still in tact after I blot the oil. I can get about 10 hours of wear with this foundation. I am sure I can prolong the wear if I used setting powder or spray but I am lazy.

I am acne prone and have been using this for 5 days straight with no issues. At this point if a foundation were to cause me to break out or clogged pores it would have shown up by now.

Overall, I love this foundation. It works really well with my skin type. It's a huge plus that the shade match is perfect.

on 9/13/2017 1:06:00 AM

I've had a good 4 day to wear out of this foundation and I love it. My skin type is normal, minimum texture, and a few acne spots.

Coverage: It is a good medium and buildable to full. I like to use both a brush and a sponge blender. I first go in with the foundation with a brush after my primer has time to set then lightly pounce with damp beauty blender to give it a not so matte look.

Skin Prep: I don't use it with the Fenty primer since I didn't want a completely matte look. I prep my skin with Charlotte Tilbury magic cream then mix a teeny bit of Mac Strobe redlite cream and the YSL blur primer.

Finish: It looks amazing and doesn't set into any fine lines. And with the right prep you can go matte or with a soft dewy look.

Wear: It does wear well for 5-6 hours before I need to blot. I Iive in Houston so that's pretty good. Overall the foundation will look great for the most part even after 9-1 hours. However it doesn't break down around my nostrils but all foundation does that too.

Overall: Very impressive light weight long lasting foundation. A+ for me.