Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 4/20/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first want to mention that I have long, thin, and slightly wavy hair that I usually air dry with some curl enhancing product for a wavy-beachy look. The last time I had my hair cut, it was with a new stylist and she recommended I use this along with Biosilk's Silk Therapy. The results she'd given my hair was such that I had to go out and get it myself. I was extremely put off by the price (around $16+tax at Trade Secret) but gone ahead and bought it. I kind of wish I'd returned it now though since it's just an okay product. The product itself has a nice smell and a fun clear/rainbowish color to it which I like but it's very sticky and a bit hard to work with. I usually use a little at a time by getting a bit of moisture from my damp hair and mixing the wax within my fingers and that seems to work pretty well. One fact I do like about it is that it doesn't leave me with a crunchy or hard finish to my waves and it holds up pretty well throughout the day. I did have to deduct 2 lippies though for its stickyness and the hard to work factor. Would not buy again because I'm pretty certain I can find something better or of equal quality at a lower price.

on 2/28/2008 11:43:00 AM

Out of any waxes or pomades, I like this one best. It's lighter than the other ones I've tried. I like to use it to keep my side swept bangs in place but not stiff and unnatural. It has a pleasant smell to it and it's not very sticky nor does it dull the hair like some do. It lasts a looong time.

on 10/24/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This makes a nice pomade for a pieced, fairly texturized look. It's a bit sticky so i put a little water an rub together with my fingers and then apply. It softly spikes out my ends nicely and leaves my hair looking defined and shiny.

on 9/28/2007 9:40:00 PM

Cant believe I havent written a review on this stuff yet. Have been using this for years and have turned some friends onto this stuff. Its very lightweight, not sticky and has a very light fragrance. Its great for separation & helps w/the flyaways. BTW I have very thick & coarse hair. Im probably on my 3rd jar which for me to repurchase a product doesnt happen very often. One of my hgs.

on 5/14/2007 8:02:00 PM

I bought this wax as an impulse purchase. Initially I did no like it and I contemplated taking it back {bought at Trade Secret}, but I gave it a second chance. I have short thick relaxed African American hair and I use this to smooth down the edges of my hairline. I like that is alcohol free so its not drying and it doesn't flake. It has a pretty decent hold and the smell is quite nice. I took a lippie off for two reasons: I have to warm the wax to make it spreadable and the price. But a little does go a long way

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with another reviewer...this stuff absorbs and then basically doesn't do anything after awhile. It also left my hair greasy even though I did not use that much of this product. I do tend to have an oily scalp...so this is probably not best for people with that type of hair...for drier I bet it would be great. I also thought it was so expensive!!! This stuff was $17 with tax at ulta...too much to me. I ended up taking this back today and getting my money back.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair that I have to stuff into a tidy bun 12 hours a week during my dance classes. I was using gels and hair sprays, but I wanted something that didn't crystalize. I have to go straight from dance classes to my academic classes.

I really like this pomade, because it tames fly aways for my dance classes, but I can take my hair down and have a more relaxed and casual look when I go about the rest of my day.

My hair also tends to be frizzy right after I wash it, so a dab of this pulled through damp hair helps keep my waves from being wrecked and turning into cotton candy.

on 12/2/2006 11:19:00 PM

I LOVE this product!!! I have ultra fine, straight, dark hair. I've recently added platinum highlights and I use it to chunk them out. It really makes them stand out and gives my fine hair volume. It's absolutely fabulous!! Do be careful to only use a small amount and make sure your warm it up with your hands before dabbing it into hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this for defining my part and taming flyaways after I flat iron. Since my hair is so fine and thin and prone to breakage (hence the flyaways), I need something that doesn't make my hair look greasy and this fits the bill perfectly. A pea sized amount is all I use.

I like this pomade as it doesn't leave my hair greasy. Very light and helps tame the frizzies and flyaways like a dream. It really does not have any hold at all, but I like it as it keeps my fine medium length hair from being bad during the day.

Popular Styling Products