NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

3.1

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I thought the 'velvet matte' formulation would be better suited for my oily skin, but I was wrong... I liked the airy, moussey, whipped texture but found it hard to blend into the skin because of the powdery finish that would set right away. It also caked up all over dry/flakey spots that I didn't even know was there until this product highlighted those areas lol. The color selection is great for Asian skin tones. I got it in Alaska (and am in between Alaska/Groenland for the pure radiance skin tint). The matte finish didn't do anything for me though... surprisingly the time it took for my natural oils to break through was comparable with the pure radiance skin tint (2-3 hours). So I'm going back to the pure radiance skin tint; it's more forgiving and easier to work with.

No disappointing. The color selection is limited. I tire a sample at the suggestion of the MUA. I hint she knew I wouldn't like the product. The finish goes on nice but ends up cakey and doesn't last. My suggestion is just to move on and try something else.

on 3/3/2016 10:37:00 AM

I got a sample of this from my Sephora store after my friend raved about it. I must say this is my new holy grail foundation. It is light and airy like a whipped mousse but also EXTREMELY pigmented like KVD's lock it tattoo foundation. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation at all but I know my blemishes and spots are definitely covered well. I'm definitely going to buy the full size of this stuff. The only thing that may turn others away from this product is the color selection. I'm Asian with NC25-30 skin and I was matched with Alaska, a little too yellow for my liking but I'd rather be yellow than pink.

UPDATE: I ended up buying the full size of this and it was nothing like what I had sampled at Sephora. I've used multiple methods of applying this on my skin for a better result. I've used a beauty blender to apply this and it just feels extremely thick on the skin and ends up breaking up around my nose and chin terribly throughout the day. I've used a brush (kabuki and round) to apply and it feels less thick but still breaks up around my nose and chin. I've used a mattifying primer underneath and a smooth primer underneath and none have helped keep this foundation stable. I've noticed that the foundation itself is also more runny than the fluffy texture I remember from Sephora. Won't be purchasing again.

on 3/3/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This item was returned. I used to (past tense) feel bad when I had to return something.. I think I have grown up.

Prices for most cosmetic products sneak up by the day/week and we pay for products more than the value of gold (per ounce or gram). It has gotten silly.
That said, if if if the product was a game changer... a real one, I would hock my front tooth for it.

but this product, sadly left much to be desired. I have normal skin... I turned into an oil slick within 4 hours. I thought the color was spot on.. it was. But only for the same 4 hours. By hour 4, I was slick and orangey... so yes it does oxidize and quite badly for me.

I am on a rampage with these cosmetic companies who give us less every day and of a lesser quality.

on 3/3/2016 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think NARS intended to duplicate MAC Prolong Wear Waterproof Foundation but failed. The shades are mostly orange and not complimentary. Also, it doesn't last on oily skin. The price is high for no good reason. Going back to MAC.

on 2/29/2016 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this at Sephora in the shade Seychelles.

I find this shade to be a tad bit too orange but I can work with it when using this with my full face makeup routine.

Even though this is labeled as a matte "tint" this can be officially called a foundation. I use MUFE F&B and this has way more coverage than that. One layer covers a lot. Of course if you want something full coverage then this is not for you.

This foundation has a satin finish. Not too dry, not too luminous. The formula isn't so matte that it's hard to blend. I had this issue with L'Oreal Infallible, MUFE Mat Velvet, and KVD. It's a creamy texture. It also doesn't go on too patchy.

I apply this using a flat top kabuki brush from elf (called the powder brush) but I may go over it with a beauty blender just to smooth it out a little bit more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is an okay product and someone with oily skin that says a lot. I am most likely gonna go return this foundation or tinted moisturizer because it didn't stay on my skin as I thought it would and it kind of broke me out and got cakey around my nose but beautiful finish and I would probably recommend to someone with combo skin but oily skin it can be either hit or miss. I got it in light 3 St. Mortiz and I am NC30

on 2/29/2016 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I didn't like Nars foundation before. Anyway, I have watched so many video on YouTube about this skin tint. I got a sample. Tried a couple of days.

I really like the finish. It is matte but not crazy matte. And it is light. And not crazy coverage. Which means I can wear it everyday.
Application it is easy. Uses brush or a beauty blender will do great.

It is $68 Aus dollars. With 50ml product which is 20 ml more than normal foundation.
I am really happy with this product.

It lasted for 4-5 hours without any touch up still looking great. Then need to have 1 touch up or powder lightly should last for all day.

on 2/27/2016 5:01:00 PM

So mattifying a tad dying but I don't need to touch up at all . I would say light to medium coverage . Im nc35 and use st Moritz . Also cap broke off after opening for first time but Sephora replaced

I think I overestimated how oily my skin was. The product itself is insanely good coverage wise however it genuinely looks plastered on on my skin. You have to treat it as a foundation not at all like a tinted moisturiser. I had to blend it with a brush and a blender to even get it to look remotely natural.

That being said this is personal to me and I genuinely would recommend it for oily skin. But definitely definitely go into natural light to check the shade.