L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre

L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre
Feria Wild OmbreOmbre Hair-L'Oreal Wild OmbreFeria Wild Ombre

2.9

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This overall is terrible for a DIY ombré hair as the formula itself does not lighten. However, one good thing came out of this: the brush. If you can use it correctly with your own store-bought bleach (I got some at Sally's) it is terrific and creates a beautiful blend and fade. I would assume you could use any brush with similar bristles but I since I bought it, I have this now!

on 10/29/2013 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like dying the ends of my hair because if I don't like the color, I can just cut it off right away. I decided to try out the ombre look, but I didn't want to go to my hairstylist who charges $50, which is a lot of money to me. I got this product for dark hair. It was the first time I dyed my hair on my own, but the directions were pretty easy to follow. I found the combing method to work well, and it prevented that harsh line between your natural hair color and the dye color. Unfortunately, because my hair is black, the color didn't show up as vibrant as it did on the box. It was noticeable, but not like the cover picture, even when I left the dye on for the maximum time as stated by the instructions. The color has lasted months, which is nice.

For the price, this is a great bargain. It works well, and I'm sure it would work even better for those with lighter hair.

on 10/11/2013 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ooooook. Overall I liked this product. I've used it twice. The first time I used it was when I already had an ombre and used this product to brighten it up a bit without taking a crunch to my wallet. It turned out pretty nice: D
Unfortunately the damage from the first ombre ( which I got done at Aveda, which they did an awesome job) fried my ends so I got it chopped off and went to a darker color.
So after a year of being with dark color, I wanted to do something different with my hair. I got the wild ombre. HERE'S WHERE THE BAD COMES IN. The ombre itself looked good. Pretty good for me doing it myself and pretty quick. But...that harsh brush is not a good idea! Whoever invented it I just want to kick. That thing pulled my hair out. So now my hair is thinner and I'm taking biotin and wear hair extensions until I get my fullness back. Beware of that brush.

on 9/26/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have really long brunette hair, i bought this when it came out in the uk about September time last year. Its easy to use and i have since used it a further two times and the colour is alot lighter now. I left the colour on for about an hour each time and wrapped the hair with the colour on in tinfoil so it reacted better. The first time you use it, it does only change the colour very suttle so you may need to use it more than once but not too ofen as the bleach will ruin your hair x

on 9/24/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have dark brown hair... I left it in for over an hour at the tips, 35 minutes further up... and barely a difference!! I have medium-long hair and had a bit left over, so maybe I should have drenched the tips a bit more or left them in for longer... Since it was my first time working with DIY bleach, I was maybe a bit too cautious. It's a very subtle change, which I guess is fine for $10. Maybe I'll do it again in a few weeks like another reviewer suggested.

on 9/1/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AWFUL PRODUCT.
This product ruined my hair! I have very long thick hair and dip dyed the ends hoping to achieve a nice ombre look! At first I loved it but 2 or 3 weeks later, my hair started falling out and it became insanely dry. Nothing would put the moisture back in my hair! I would strongly recommend to anyone NOT to use this product if you love your shiny soft hair unless your really desperate for the ombre look! However the packaging this product came in was very manageable and made it extremely easy to put onto my hair.

on 7/17/2013 12:13:00 PM

I did get a nice ombre after applying TWICE. I have thick hair and left it on for 40 minutes the first time and there was hardly any difference. The second time I left it on for an hour and now my hair looks great! My hair was damaged (super stretchy when wet), but I got it cut and have been using deep conditioner and my hair is back to great condition again! I want to use this again once my hair grows out. Easy way to lighten hair at home. I had dyed dark brown hair that has been lightened to light brown/dark blond. Very happy with the look, just leave it on a bit longer than 40 minutes.

I have long, light to medium brown hair and I thought I'd give the ombre look a try because I absolutely loved the idea of changing things up for summer. After choosing the correct shade and applying as the instructions said, I would NOT recommend using this product. Yes, the ombre effect was great and it was an easy dye to use but I could tell shortly after applying a small bit that the product was completely burning my hair to a crisp. I chose to use the black comb that was provided and I believe it had a lot to do with my hair resulting in the worst split ends. This product burnt my hair and left it very stringy and stretchy. My hair now has major breakage and I have spent so much money just to start a new protein and moisture routine. I've also had to have more of my hair cut off that I wish I would've been able to keep and I know that there is more to be cut off in the future just to get my hair back into the healthy shape it was before use of this product.

on 4/16/2013 9:03:00 PM

I bought the one for dark brown hair and it worked out really nicely. I applied it to the very bottoms quite thickly and then lightly blended it upwards. I have extremely long hair and I had quite a bit left. Unfortunately I have very red undertones to my hair so it went pretty brassy, but I used L'oreal brass banisher and that solved that.

I would repurchase it again, but I don't think I'll really need to - by time this grows out the ombre trend will likely be gone haha. But its a really nice look for summer, lightens your hair without damaging all of it (I'll probably just cut the ends right off in the fall, so wasn't too worried about damage. As I said, my hair is super long).

only con: the little brush applicator didn't apply it very evenly, I actually just used my gloves after a bit. Also it does not come with a conditioner - it comes with shampoo. I found that incredibly odd. luckily I have a good conditioner so It didn't dry my hair out too badly.

on 4/8/2013 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I loved this. I'm extremely fair skinned with natural almost-black hair and i look awful blonde but this was life changing. I personally think that the ombre look is on its way out so instead i used this dye to create a reverse obmre (light on top, dark on bottom) and it turned out very well! I was skeptical because I usually prefer to mix my own dye with my favorite developer from sallys. I purchased the one made specifically for dark hair and prayed that it would turn out. I applied it, opting not to use the little black comb it comes with and let it sit for the appropriate amount of time. once it was washed out and my hair was dry I took the time to examine it and all I can say is that this product is the best. It turned out a perfect caramel color, with no brassy tones and my hair looks amazing and very trendy. I may not dislike box dyes as much as i thought I did, I may actually repurchase. Who knows if I'll go back to mixing my own color again.

Popular Hair Color Products