NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

2.9

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 6/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this powder foundation!!! I cannot say enough good about it. I have combination to oily skin with neutral-yellow undertones. I will say that this is not super matte and it is not super duper longlasting for those of you with really oily skin. But I like the finish, it looks very natural on me, not powdery at all and I don't mind carrying it with me to reapply it when I need it. I use it with a primer or milk of magnesia as a primer to control better my oily T-zone, especially in summer time, but don't do this everyday because it can alter your skin pH, just occasionally.
The medium beige shade (SMP06) is a perfect match for my NC25 summer skin and the shade #03 "natural", goes with my NC20 winter skin. I love the fact that the web site tells you for each shade which undertones it has; that made it so much easier to find my perfect match; I wish all cosmetics companies would do this! and that should be written on the packaging too. The price point is great, very affordable. I just love it.

on 5/24/2015 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder on a whim. The lighest colour was a good match for my skin tone and it was cheaper than the powder I normally use. In addition, it has very light coverage, which I prefer. I also liked the idea of a matte powder that wouldn't look flat. Well, I would have been better off spending a bit more and buying my normal, excellent powder. My oily t-zone stayed matte for about 20 minutes, which is not acceptable. This powder foundation is a total waste of money.

on 5/12/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

don't know why the reviews for this product aren't as great as i find them to be. i have nothing but good things to say about this product. i wear this in warm beige and use it with a regular large powder brush. this is a fantastic, light coverage powder foundation that is ideal for oily skin. nothing that a little blot powder can't fix every 4 hours or so. if you want a natural finish, slightly dewy but never oily - this is worth a try! didn't think i was going to love it, but it's my go-to, quick application yet flawless foundation. almost everytime i wear it, i've received compliments on how flawless my face looks. when i tell them it's by nyx, they're surprised and releaved it's nothing high end and easy to find. in canada, it can be found at rexall. try it out!

on 11/23/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Use a light hand, soft brush and gentle swipes to make this work. It is definitely matte but doesn't really blend into the skin, knocking it down a few pegs as both a foundation and finishing powder. I'm not even a fan of matte finishes but am going through this surprisingly quickly, seeing pan after only 3 months which is strange for only occasional use. Would be good to carry in a bag for touchups or oil control as it's a sturdy compact with mirror but no application tool. It is also a tad yellow in the nude shade, so beware if you have cool undertones. Won't repurchase as I have dry skin and oil control is not necessary and this level of matte is not flattering. There are better matte powder foundations out there but this is OK for the price point.

on 8/30/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is just an okay setting powder. It really doesn't do anything to control the oil on my face. By lunchtime, my forehead and nose are just as oily as if I didn't use any powder at all. I usually love most NYX products, but I think there are better drugstore setting powders.

on 8/23/2014 5:42:00 PM

I do not care for this at all. I was on the hunt for a new powder foundation, thought I would give this a try. It just makes my face look dull and lifeless. Since it IS a powder foundation, that was how I was initially using it. I tried many different application methods and tools. It covers ok. I also tried using it as a finishing powder, hoping that I could find a way to make it work and get some use out of it. I tried on and off many times. Yesterday, I used it again. Looked in the mirror at work and in the car and thought "Why? Why am I trying to make this work when it looks so bad on me?" So finally, I threw it away. So I'm not tempted to wear it again. (It also oxidizes on me pretty badly)

on 6/29/2014 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The shade I got has a lot of yellow in it so I like it for that reason. But the rest of it.... meh. It's kinda I don't know.. sits on top of your face... makes you look like you have powder on. I use a light hand too and it still is too much. Not finely milled... I just am not impressed. And it's expensive for NYX especially.

on 2/22/2014 1:36:00 PM

I have NC20/NC25 skin with yellowish undertones and I bought this foundation in the shade 'Natural'. I think I hit the jackpot because the shade is a great match for my skin.

I bought both this product and the L'Oreal True Match powder foundation to see which one I liked best. The L'Oreal powder foundation felt heavier on my skin and more cakey. The NYX Stay Matte felt light and refreshing. Also, the colour of the NYX was more vibrant and healthy looking.

The powder goes on very smoothly and provides surprisingly good coverage when you use the sponge it comes with. It's more of a medium coverage, which works for me. It does an amazing job at evening out my skin tone in a natural way. If you're looking for full on hardcore coverage, this may let you down. I find it sometimes catches on dry skin, but as long as you moisturize then it's no problem at all. Lasting power is also impressive, I can go a whole work day without touching up.

The packaging is sleek and very MAC looking, the only bummer is the tiny little plastic tab that you have to use to get at the sponge compartment. It's so small! If I had short fingernails I wouldn't be able to lift it, and even having slightly longer fingernails is problematic because if I'm not careful I jab the powder with my nail and lose a small chunk of it. In the grand scheme of things though, I forgive the packaging annoyance because I love the product.

If your skin is relatively clear and not too dry (and if you find a good colour match) this product is wonderful and I recommend it.

on 12/10/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Update: 19/2/14 - I no longer use this powder. I found after using it for awhile that it became very cakey. I couldn't reapply it without it moving my foundation around. This powder also hits pan very quickly so isn't good value for money.

I have tried on and off to use this because i wanted to like it but unfortunately I don't find this a very nice powder

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a great product, especially for mornings when I need to slap my makeup on as fast as possible, or when I just can't be bothered. I'll apply primer, concealer and this, and it gives medium coverage - it doesn't cover up everything, but that's not my goal on a daily basis.

It can be built up to heavier coverage, but it will usually end up looking cakey, and since it is ever so slightly shimmer (VERY subtle) it can emphasis pores. As many reviewers have mentioned, for a full-coverage look this makes a great setting powder.

My only real complaint is the amount of product you get for the money. I paid $13.99 CAD for this, and after a month I have already significantly hit pan. Granted, I have been using it as a foundation almost every day, but with foundations of whatever formula (powder, liquid etc) I usually expect at least 3 months... and this rate I won't get that out of it. Of course, this is still cheaper than a high-end powder would be, but I almost never buy high-end makeup. It is also probably quite a bit cheaper in the States.