Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Natural to Tan

3.4

on 4/29/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product was two for about eleven dollars at Wallie World. It's too much product for me so I'll probably gift the second one since it may expire before I use it all. I tried it today and it is pretty thin and easy to get in my hairline upon application. It blended easily. I have light skin, but I wanted a tan look, so I got the Natural to Tan. This color looked very natural and gave me a touch more color than I already have. It didn't turn orange or yellow on me which is a plus. It set quickly. It was a bit shiny even after it dried and slightly had that glowy sunblock feel. No problem. I followed it up with my powder bronzer and it toned the shine down. I also used my Clinique concealer under my eyes to hide some of the darkness. By the way, the smell did not bother me at all. It is a bit earthy smell, but if you're used to Burt's Bees and other natural products, you've probably gotten used to the way those products smell - kind of like sticking your nose in the ground. The smell does go away, and I don't notice it after it dries.

I will continue to use this product. It didn't bother my sensitive skin and toned down red areas around my nose and above my chin. The Fair to Light probably would be too light for most light skinned people. I would suggest only the fairest ladies go with the fair to light. It probably wouldn't show up on the average skin tone.

on 3/15/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i bought this TM thinking it would be a good, i read alot of the reviews and asked ppl who use it to but over all i don't like it for a number of reasons!
1. the colour is way to light. I am Indian and have very light brown Carmel skin tone, i thought this colour would match me but it was to light even when i set it with a power foundation!
2. it was so runny, the aveeno one i have is more of a cream consistence n so much smoother
3. the scent, it smells like pine trees!!!! who wants to smell like that.
over all this products didn't work for me

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i always wanted to try tinted moisturizers because i dont
like to put on a lot of makeup when i go to school. this gives me a nice glow and look really nice paired with my mineral powder. i love it and will continue to buy more.

on 2/16/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this for everyday since I don't like the look and feel of a heavy foundation.
I'm a nc42-43 and this worked well, blended easily. I agree with one reviewer it's a tad bit light but I apply my powder over it and it seems to somehow "adjust". It has a medicinal smell to it yes, but that doesn't bother me because it is free of harsh chemicals. Another note, I like the fact there is no spf in it. I can wear a stronger one on top in the summer days. Hope that helps!

on 2/15/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been scared to use foundation since I don't want to worsen the acne I currently have. Here is my current routine: Cleanse my face twice. Apply the benzoyl-entrhomycin gel which was prescribed to me by the dermatologist. After that, I apply this tinted moisturizer. It doesn't make my acne worse; perhaps it's because of the medicated gel I put on. But still, I'm just glad I found a tinted moisturizer that doesn't have silicone as one of the top ingredients in it, as I have a hunch it's what breaks me out. I like the scent. If you're not into lavender then this is not for you. Color-wise, it's not the perfect match but this is the closest they have for my skin color.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER*, ALCOHOL SD (DENATURED WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL)*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, LECITHIN (SOYBEAN)*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER)*, OLEA EURPOAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM. *PRODUCED FROM ORGANIC FARMING

on 1/11/2011 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I bought two tubes of this and I use it periodically. I like it fine and will continue to use it. It is very thin and comes out of the tube fast so you need to be a little bit careful. Yes the coverage is very light, then it's a tinted moisturizer so it's supposed to be! I use it mostly on weekends with a coat of mascara just for running erands. For work and going out I do full makeup. So this is a good alternative for the lazy days.

I am a huge fan of tinted moisturizer, and I like this product enough to have gone through two tubes already. On most days, I apply this and a light dusting of my Coastal Scents Tinted Mineral Veil and I'm good to go. It gives just enough coverage to even out my skintone, while helping me maintain a healthy, natural "glow." For $11-$13 a tube, I don't think that you get very much product (1 ounce), but I don't need much to achieve the coverage I want. So one tube lasts me a long time. It does have a noticeable scent, but it smells nice and clean and I actually like it.

on 8/25/2010 8:42:00 AM

I really really really wanted to like this product. I've been trying to find alternatives to my smashbox HD foundation for now since I'm moving to a tropical island and it's incredibly humid and around 35 degrees C on most days. But this broke me out really badly. I usually have really clears skin with the occasional zit that goes away in a few days. But this one gave me cystic acne that hurt and there were 2! they were so big I felt so embarassed about them. Everytime I talked to someone I felt like all they could see was my giant zit! It's too bad cause I liked the idea of using organic products but my skin doesn't seem to like them very much. It's also really expensive for a drugstore brand. It was more expensive than Revlon's photoready foundation!

on 8/15/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm pretty neutral about this product.

The tint didn't seem to go with the undertones in my skin at all. I have very golden undertones and it gave me a very washed out appearance (almost ashy). Also, the formula is strange. I have dry skin and when I put it on I felt like it was drying my skin out a bit, except it left it with a dewy finish. This is a very strange combination.

Pros:
-will not irritate skin
-organic
-cruelty-free

cons:
-small variety of colors
-odd formula (would suit normal/combination skin best)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great to apply on days where you don't want to put on heavy makeup! It evens out your skintone, and absorbs quickly! I love it.