MAC Satin - Grain

4.5

on 2/12/2010 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This might sound weird, but I've been looking for an E/S that was the exact color of my eyelid. I'm a MAC NC25/30 and Grain did the trick. It's slightly shimmery, which is why I chose it over similar MAC shades, because my eyes are not very deep-set and matte E/S are bad news for me.

It blends very well and works as a great base allover color for me everyday. I use it often with Ricepaper for the brow and with my favorite MAC crease colors: Expensive Pink, Bronze, Sable, Woodwinked and Brun. (I'm a sucker for browns.)

on 2/8/2010 6:17:00 PM

Very pretty and brightens up my eyes... overall no complaints

on 1/9/2010 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is part of my natural, every day make-up look, with this all over the lid and then Wedge in the crease and/or Espresso as a liner. Its a really nice subtle peachy colour, which looks great on my hazel/green eyes. Its got a nice sheen to it and adds definition to my eyes if worn on its own. A great colour that I would buy again.

on 1/1/2010 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

l-o-v-e this eyeshadow!! i ordered it online after reading the good reviews and i am so happy i did. Im fair, so this shows up a good bronzey color. I use it all over my lid and sometimes add a little touch of naked lunch over it. great color!! will defiantly be repurchasing. (:

on 12/11/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I was trying to decide between this and Naked Lunch as a lid/wash of color shadow during my recent Back2MAC exchange. The MUA on duty tried both colors on my lid and this one definitely won out. Perfect as an eye opening pop of color on my lids. Inbetween this and Brule, I'm set as far as neutral lid colors go! I use Brule when I just want a super bright eyed apperance, and Grain when I want a nice, almost peachy brightening pop of color. I'm NC45 for reference.

on 11/28/2009 3:16:00 PM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. This color is lucious. It plays well with others, but also looks fantastic as a wash with some nice liner. It really opens your eyes, which for my very dark, deep set eyes is great. The color looks great with my fair beige, greeny/yellow undertoned skin. It's so versatile, and the formula, very creamy with a bit of sheen (NOT glitter), and packaging are excellent. If you don't yet have an eye-opening color that can be a highlight, a wash, or part of a more complicated design, get this. Or just get this anyway, it's that lovely.

on 11/18/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

True to MAC fashion, this shadow is a winner. I have olive colored skin and I can add a wash grain all over my lid in the mornings for a quick, easy brighter more awake eye. Subtle, no blending required. The satin finish is perfect. It also makes a wonderful, but not obvious highlighter to pair with a shimmery look. This was actually my first MAC shadow and I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/5/2009 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This color is so versatile.
It's a warm pinked beige with an icy sheen.... not glitter/frost.
It's a great lid color on a neutral day....
It's a great highlighter for medium skin.
I sometimes stick my 109 brush in it (the tip of the brush fit's perfectly in an eyeshadow pan) and use it as a blush.

It gives a healthy glow to the skin...
It blends easily.
Good stuff.

on 11/2/2009 2:39:00 PM

When I first received Grain, I was a bit disappointed and thought it was too dark.

However, I find it is a very nice color on the moving lid. It looks really good! So, now I find myself reaching for it more and more.

I am v. fair-skinned.

on 5/10/2009 11:31:00 AM

love this! the picture looks darker than this actually is, fyi. i'm between shades NC15 and NC20 and this matches my skintone. i was stuck between this and brule, i ended up getting this because i prefer the satin texture to matte. there's no shimmer, it doesn't look chalky like matte can, and it blends really easily.

this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. i love it all over my lid to even out the skin and brighten my eyes up a little bit, and i also use it to blend out crease colors.

it's not a very interesting color, but it's incredibly useful and i'd consider it a staple.