July 28, 2014 | 2016 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ml1208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

l-o-v-e this eyeshadow!! i ordered it online after reading the good reviews and i am so happy i did. Im fair, so this shows up a good bronzey color. I use it all over my lid and sometimes add a little touch of naked lunch over it. great color!! will defiantly be repurchasing. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by flyhoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was trying to decide between this and Naked Lunch as a lid/wash of color shadow during my recent Back2MAC exchange. The MUA on duty tried both colors on my lid and this one definitely won out. Perfect as an eye opening pop of color on my lids. Inbetween this and Brule, I'm set as far as neutral lid colors go! I use Brule when I just want a super bright eyed apperance, and Grain when I want a nice, almost peachy brightening pop of color. I'm NC45 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. This color is lucious. It plays well with others, but also looks fantastic as a wash with some nice liner. It really opens your eyes, which for my very dark, deep set eyes is great. The color looks great with my fair beige, greeny/yellow undertoned skin. It's so versatile, and the formula, very creamy with a bit of sheen (NOT glitter), and packaging are excellent. If you don't yet have an eye-opening color that can be a highlight, a wash, or part of a more complicated design, get this. Or just get this anyway, it's that lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lmclaws

True to MAC fashion, this shadow is a winner. I have olive colored skin and I can add a wash grain all over my lid in the mornings for a quick, easy brighter more awake eye. Subtle, no blending required. The satin finish is perfect. It also makes a wonderful, but not obvious highlighter to pair with a shimmery look. This was actually my first MAC shadow and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This color is so versatile.
It's a warm pinked beige with an icy sheen.... not glitter/frost.
It's a great lid color on a neutral day....
It's a great highlighter for medium skin.
I sometimes stick my 109 brush in it (the tip of the brush fit's perfectly in an eyeshadow pan) and use it as a blush.

It gives a healthy glow to the skin...
It blends easily.
Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by annehelge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first received Grain, I was a bit disappointed and thought it was too dark.

However, I find it is a very nice color on the moving lid. It looks really good! So, now I find myself reaching for it more and more.

I am v. fair-skinned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this! the picture looks darker than this actually is, fyi. i'm between shades NC15 and NC20 and this matches my skintone. i was stuck between this and brule, i ended up getting this because i prefer the satin texture to matte. there's no shimmer, it doesn't look chalky like matte can, and it blends really easily.

this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. i love it all over my lid to even out the skin and brighten my eyes up a little bit, and i also use it to blend out crease colors.

it's not a very interesting color, but it's incredibly useful and i'd consider it a staple.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this color because it has more dimension to it than other MAC eyeshadows similar to it. It's great as a lid color or as a highlight. It just looks very clean, has a nice sheen (not shimmer) to it, and is just a really pretty neutral color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by EVOO

this is the base color I have been looking for a while now, it is not shimmery which works great with all kinds of other shadows. I normally use this to tone down other shadows, the texture is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by badkitty82

I bought this based on the good reviews on MUA. It was my very first MAC product! I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I received the product. I didn't see what the fuss was all about.. The color is a a nude beige with a tiny bit of shimmer. It's not very pigmented and the finish is 'satin'. It's not the best eyeshadow I've tried but I'm starting to like the color as it is a good nude to use as a base! There are probably better nudes out there so I'm not sure whether I will buy Grain again, but I might - it all depends on what I find!