Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

3.9

TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BORON NITRIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LECITHIN, METHYLPARABEN, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, PROPYLPARABEN, LAUROYL LYSINE, BUTYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)

on 8/25/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

highly recommend for beginners !

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have been using this powder for about two years now. It doesn't make my makeup look cakey and it keeps my face decently matte throughout the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up in Target for $3.99. I use this powder to set my foundation and it does a wonderful job. My skin is normal ~ dry and I found this to be very comfortable on the skin. I didn't feel as though it dried me out and it certainly did not leave me with the dreaded cake face look. The color Transparent is just what it says it is, it does not have any visible color to it at all. I'm light (NW20 ~ on the lighter side) and this powder did not add any color to my face nor did it look white, it went on "transparent." If you have more mature skin or are on the dry side and want a powder to set your makeup this is a great one. It's not fragrance free, it has a very light pleasant scent to it but in order to smell it you really have to stick your nose up to the compact. Rimmel needs to update the packaging. If you are not careful I could definitely see this flying right out of your hands as you are opening it, there really isn't much to grasp onto. I would not recommend carrying this in your purse, there is a strong possibility that you could have some mess on your hands if it opens up and there is a more than good chance that it will since it never closes completely. All in all I like this and will repurchase when I need to.

on 8/19/2015 1:00:00 PM

I'm pale and I'm surprised no one has commented that this isn't translucent at all. It leaves a white cast over my face and the mattifying longevity isn't long at all. I think I'm going to give in and buy one of those high end loose powders with clay.

on 8/18/2015 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tan skin (Indian skin) and even the shade translucent works well for me! This product is indeed matte. Does not look cakey if buffed into the skin smoothly and blended in.

on 7/23/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is the best powder I have ever used. Having very oily skin, I really struggle to keep my skin not shiny, let alone matte.
The product is very finely milled and leaves a completely flawless finish on the skin, it makes the face feel very smooth and soft.
I use this powder in the morning to set my foundation and then use it as a top up throughout the day. After setting my makeup in the morning, I can go a good 4-5 hours without having to powder again, which for me is a long time. I also find with this product that as long as you use a big fluffy brush, it doesn't cake on the skin as I experience a lot with other powders.
The only fault I have with this product is the packaging. The lid cracks very easily which causes it to fall off and then everything in your makeup bag gets covered in powder. The other issue is that when you hit pan on this powder, as with many others, it cracks very very easily, and then you cant really carry it around any more as it makes a lot of mess.
Other than the packaging I can't fault this powder. I've lost count of how many I've brought because I just cant use any other powder. I've tried lots of other powders, high end and drugstore but I always go back to this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is quite nice. I like it best applied with a puff, versus a brush. Pressing in instead of dusting over helps keep my skin looking matte longer. The packaging sucks but it's a great product for under $4 so I can't complain too much.

on 7/8/2015 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After all the hype about this product I was so excited to try it. So disappointed. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and find it so hard to keep my makeup from sliding off, and had high hopes this would help. It keeps me matte for about an hour and then disappears.

Would last if you touched up every hour or so...but honestly it isn't worth it. I'd say would work better for normal skin, or maybe just if you get a tiny bit oily in the t-zone. But for super oily skin, don't waste your time.

on 5/16/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've seen YouTube beauty gurus rave about this product time and time again, and I've had a few friends that have recommended it to me as well. I'll admit, I'm a little bit of a snob when it comes to powder foundation and tend to stick to Clinique, so when I looked at this in the store and saw the price (which is EXTREMELY affordable) I was like... yeah no, probably not. But that was my mistake! This foundation isn't full coverage by any means, but I don't really think that's what it's marketed as. What it does seem to do a very good job at for me is keeping my face shine free longer, which is exactly what it claims to do. My t-zone tends to get shiny, and I've noticed that when I dust this on over my foundation, I do have a longer period of time where my skin is shine free. There isn't really much to say about this that's negative, considering what you get for the price (around $4 at Wal-Mart, probably a little more at drug stores) is WELL worth it. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because of the smell. It's not an overpowering smell and it isn't like you smell it all day or anything, but when you're putting it on, it smells a bit like that old timey face powder you used to see in the drug stores with the floral packaging. Sort of a baby powder scent. Over all, I WOULD recommend this to anyone who is looking for a cheaper alternative for something to keep your skin matte longer into the day. Well worth the price and does an impressive job at what it claims to do.

on 5/14/2015 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this for the specific purpose that I will be traveling soon, and I did not want to worry about packing my usual loose powder. I used it today to test it out.

I cannot stand the way this feels on my face. It feels stiff and cakey. I cannot wait to get home and wash this off of my face.

Even worse, it has settled into fine lines under my eyes (ones that are usually barely noticeable with or without makeup) and has aged me ten years.

I won't toss it quite yet - going to try my normal routine with my loose powder, and then use this mid day to quite literally powder my nose and reduce shine. If it doesn't work for that, well, at least I'm only out 6 bucks.