Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

3.9

TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BORON NITRIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LECITHIN, METHYLPARABEN, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, PROPYLPARABEN, LAUROYL LYSINE, BUTYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased the shade transparent
PROS
Perfect for applying to the areas you get oily and to set your under eye concealer
Doesn’t alter the color of the foundation underneath
Makes makeup last longer
Doesn’t irritate sensitive skin
Helps minimize the appearance of pores
Makes makeup look flawless

CONS
Packaging is a little weak, would probably be better if it had a sturdier lid
Sometime clings onto dry eczema patches

Would definitely purchase again, the best mattifying powder at the drugstore for sure

Been using this product for at least 3 years now. I think it's absolutely amazing. Keeps my face looking matte for so long and only occasionally need to do a quick touch up. I'm quite pale and use the colour 003 Peach Glow and it isn't too dark yet doesn't make me look completely washed out. The price is very good at £3.99 and I would deffo recommend to anyone:)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've given this multiple tries. It works for about an hour or so and then you get oily again. I am NC45 and I find that after a couple applications of this (since you have to keep applying it) it leaves your skin with an ashy tint. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been without a powder for a while when I bought this ($3.99 at my local Target). I got it in 001 Transparent since I'm pale as a ghost. I'm an oily girl who struggles to stay matte now matter what powder she uses. This performed pretty well, surprisingly well at a small budget price. I used a latex-free foam round to pat on my face after I let my foundation set (Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in 010 Light Porcelain for the curious...my budget has constricted lately). As of this review, I've been wearing the foundation and powder for 11+ hours while I worked. I have a physical job where I walk several miles during my shift (I checked with a pedometer), I carry things as well as climbing flights of stairs. I get hot, sweaty and more oily. I never touched up with the powder today. I just checked it in the mirror. My face is still mostly matte. I'm a little shiny on my forehead and down the bridge of my nose...but I expect it after so long after applying. I know many people complain about the packaging not staying securely closed, but I haven't personally had a problem with that (yet?) I do wish is came with a puff or a foam round, something to apply with, so I deducted a lippie for that. Otherwise I quite like this powder. Be aware though, if you are sensitive to smells, the powder has a light perfume-y/soap-y smell to it. I've noticed several Rimmel products have had a certain perfume-ish smell and this one is no different. It isn't as overpowering as, say the primer, but it is there. It seems to fade after application though.

I just recently bought it! I bought this shade as i only wanted the matte result and not extra covereage/colour. Loved the smell of it! I also found it on sale so i am really happy i gave it a try! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've seen a lot of youtubers using this powder so I decided to give it a try. I bought it in transparent and I love it! I mainly bought it for oil control & keep my makeup in place and that's exactly what it does. Totally worth it for only $5.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wish I liked this powder. when it is first applied, it's lovely. Matte, but natural looking. however, throughout the day it does nothing to keep me matte or keep my concealer in place. Or foundation, if i decide to wear it. The oil breaking through makes my face look patchy and disgusting, all the while, my concealer is still slipping all over the place. I work in an air conditioned office with amazing lighting, so there is no reason my skin should be looking this shitty during the day.

My favorite setting powder. I use the translucent shade for setting concealer and my T-zone . I absolutely love it's flash photography friendly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

highly recommend for beginners !

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have been using this powder for about two years now. It doesn't make my makeup look cakey and it keeps my face decently matte throughout the day.