October 30, 2014 | 1739 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Hollywood Fashion Tape

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

OMG, this is the HG of all HG products on the market. I discovered this amazing product on the weekend of my best friend's bachelorette weekend and I can't believe that I have not been using this my entire life. The tape comes in a small discreet pink case with easily applicable strips that will slide into any outfit. It sticks and stays all day without moving and removes easily without ANY sticky residue on your clothes (including thin, delicate silk). This is a MUST have when you're worried about flashing a crowd or just want things to stay up when they should stay up. Everyone should have one of these in their purse/bag/house/medicine cabinet/dresser. Go out and buy a case for the summer, you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Lowsherman

I never realized how much I would use this! I bought it for a dance so I could tape my bra so it wouldn't show with the low back on the dress. It is so easy to use I use it for almost everything. Keeping my bra straps from falling, keeping my shirt from sagging to low and even holding up my no show socks because they always want to come off of my feet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

These tapes are a life saver! Off course nothing is better then actually buying clothes that fit and hang on you perfectly, but lets face it, we all have that one dress or top, that needs a little help to keep in place.
The only thing I really hate about these tapes is that it comes in assorted size and shape. Some of the pieces of tape are too small and you need to double up on it. I rather it just comes in uniform size, and we can cut or shape the pieces to fit our purpose.
These tapes are strong, thin, comfy and very discreet, and people could never tell that your using tape to hold your outfit on.
They adhere very well to other materials (leather, pvc, cotton etc.) and also your own skin. They held up very well for me on a hot day, or when I'm moving around a lot, and when I sweat.
These are single use and they are relatively inexpensive considering if they can save you from a huge embarrassment.
I also have a few pieces of these tape in my wallet just in case, the Hollywood range also has a few other great products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by foreverlipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome stuff! It works perfectly for those days somethings not staying put! Sallys also has some there too! Work the same!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a version of this tape (different brand) in the easy-to-use scotch-tape dispenser & I rarely ever need to use it but I think it's an indispensible product every woman does well to have in her makeup & accessories stash. I've used this to hold stuff together (usually fabric appliques on hats & such) & to instantly repair a fallen hem. It's easy to put on & pretty easy to remove as well. I think I paid $6 for mine & since I don't use it very often it's lasting me a long time. Excellent for unexpected emergencies & repairs. It's like an invisible safety pin for places where you can't put a real safety pin. This will invisibly hold anything you wear in place, where you want it & where you put it. Doesn't irritate skin after wearing it all day. Peels off skin without pain. Transparent sheer double-sided sticky tape for your body & clothes. Its possible uses are limitless. Will def repurchase when I run out, whether it's this brand or some other. This is easy to find in most beauty supply stores these days. Excellent fashion concept.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Murphysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sounds crazy but this is a HG product for me. I really don't know what I ever did without them. I use them CONSTANTLY. If my tops are sliding off my shoulders,I stick my top to my bra and it stays in place. I use these on all of my wrap blouse and any top that needs adjusting. I use them to fix fallen hems. I keep them in my desk drawer at work and I am constantly sharing them. they are the BEST.
Just for reference,I have never attached them to my bare skin so I can't comment on that...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Fantak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product twice! It's amazing!

I always need to stick my clothes/jewelry to myself or to my outfit. I used to use double sided tape but this works so much better.

I love the product I've used it to stick a necklace to my shoulder so it wouldn't move (and it didn't budge all evening), stick low cut, silk dresses to my chest so I wouldn't flash people, and stick small cardigans and boleros in place. I've even used it to stick little bits of embroidery back onto a dress in a hurry! Everything stayed put and didn't move!

The best thing is, is that it doesn't tear your skin off or ruin the fabric.

I also love the little tin carrying case that comes with it. It's great for storage and for putting in your handbag to fix those emergency torn hemlines!

Wonderful product, well thought out packaging, would definitely purchase over and over again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this from QVC. It was $16 for 2 little tins of 50 strips. The other reviewer is right, the packaging is not the greatest, however, the product IS! This stuff is the bomb-diggity. It holds whatever you want it to hold in place. I put it on my bra straps because I hate when my t-shirts shift around and show my bra strap(I hate seeing bra straps, I don't care what the style is!). I have also used it to stop my blouse from shifting and showing the "girls" to the world. It is very sticky stuff, but peels off fairly easily at the end of the day. I have not tried using it on bare skin, but is perfectly clear so it would probably be virtually unnoticable. You peel off the side with the long strip of paper, slap it where you want it and then peel off the two shorter paper strips and FIRMLY attach the clothing where you want it. I guarantee you, it ain't gonna move until you unpeel it. This will not damage your clothes in any way. Once you purchase and use this, you will never want to be without it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by julieblair

This stuff works and is handy! The perfect size! It's sturdy before you use it, sitting in your purse, easy to get the backing off, easy to use, but the packaging is total bs!!! I was horrified that it didn't come in a little plastic case or something! But I guess you can just stash a few when you're going to need them.

I was using 3M poster tape for my tube tops, but this stuff is way better, less visible, and doesn't lose stickiness as fast! Awesome!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Ingenious product and fairly inexpensive to boot. You get a little box filled with strips of double-sided, very sticky, very strong tape (it'll hurt when you peel it off). Easy to apply, though it might be useful to have another person there to help you put these on areas that'll be awkward to reach.

I used this for the first time last night for a dress that was slightly loose around the ribcage. It had a halter string, but I was afraid of it coming loose. As a matter of fact, the double knot somehow did become untied, but I didn't notice until I reached back to fix my hair because my dress stayed up without a problem. The tape didn't damage the dress or permanantly irritate my skin (which got a tiny bit red after peeling the tape off, but this didn't last and the discomfort was minor).

And because it's little strips rather than a roll, it's very portable. You can slip a few strips into even the tiniest evening bag without any crowding. No wonder this is a staple among the scantily-clad Hollywood set! It's the perfect solution if you want to bare some skin, but not everything. Easily available at drugstore/beauty.com. continued >>