October 24, 2014 | 1675 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Babyliss Pro GT Ionic Hairdryer Super 6000 Series 1800 w

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I was really disappointed with this hairdryer. I did such a lot of research and checked out all the reviews on MUA but still ended up with a hairdryer I don't like. The problem was that I couldn't find any of the recommended hairdryers in the UK so I just had to look for general features. This one seemed to tick all the boxes but it's not what I expected.
There was a bad omen when the first one that I bought blew up on me! Took it out of the box and it seemed to rattle. Switched it on and it made a violent screaching noise. Turned it off and was just contemplating trying again when my husband pointed out that smoke was pouring out of the end and the smell was vile! So I got that one replaced. Wasn't any problem but I would have done better to have tried a different model after having been warned!
The second one didn't explode although it did seem to rattle a bit when I first took it out of the box. A very small piece of plastic fell out and it seemed OK after that. These hairdryers don't seem to travel well. (Both were sent mail order).
It's much heavier than I expected - heavier than my previous hairdryer which I had for years and only reluctantly got rid of because the heat settings had obviously gone wrong and the heat was getting rather intense! (That one was a Phillips but doesn't seem to be around any more).
This one has 3 speed settings - allegedly. One of these is Off. The other 2 are OK. But the 3 heat settings are almost identical and none of them is especially hot so it takes ages to dry my hair. As I only have very fine hair and not a lot of it this isn't a good sign. I'll admit that I had been used to the super heat of the Phillips hairdryer that went wrong, but even allowing for that, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the heat settings.
There is a cold shot button. Like most cold shot buttons, it isn't. In fact, it's probably slightly warmer than any of the 3 heat settings!
It comes with a nice nozzle which I always like to use, although it's not easy to get on and off. This is probably no bad thing since I know that on some hairdryers they can shoot off while you're drying your hair. No danger of that here. There is a loop for hanging it up, which is good. In fact, it's quite a nice looking hairdryer. As long as you don't actually want to use it, it's fine! Just hang it up and admire it.