August 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Lipstick - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lip Glaze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Many people may overlook Merle Norman for cutting-edge cosmetics, especially in Canada where very few stores exist and marketing is limited. And yet they make several products that are miles above any higher-profile brands. This lip balm/stick is one of those products. It is perfect in every way and makes me realize what the other products are missing, from Dior, Chantecaille, YSL, Cover Girl, etc. It's very moisturizing, flattering, very slight minty scent but otherwise undetectable taste, decent lasting power, nice tubes, great shades, etc. I have Stolen Kisses and Berry Jubilee. Both are magical shades on my pale yellow-toned face. Stolen Kisses is shimmery without being glittery and is a flattering pinky/neutral shade. Berry Jubilee is a purpley berry shade that can be easily layered for MLBB to goth. Both are quite pigmented, but apply evenly without a mirror and wear evenly too. Can't say enough about these.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Elle547

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! I have it in cinnamon sugar, which is a perfect name for it. In the tube it looks like cinnamon. Because it's sheer it adds a nice bit of color which brightens and warms my face, which is also likely due to the shimmer and gloss effects. It's fuss free to slap on without a mirror and it keeps my lips moisturized. Great for everyday and especially for lazy days when you don't feel like doing much with yourself but need at least a bit of color. I wear this with mascara and nothing else on my face. Instantly a bit more polished and put together! It doesn't last all day but as I mentioned before it's pretty fuss free to apply, no more effort that putting on lip balm. It does last longer than I'd expect from something called a glaze and definitely longer than Revlon lip butters. Feels nicer than those too, which I actually like as well. This is the only color I've gotten though and I've definitely repurchased and would again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by MissyCoco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that I generally like all things Merle. This is the exception because it just does not last on me. I have dry skin and like emollient products but this doesn't even make it from home to the office without disappearing. I have bare hug and stolen kisses and this is a problem with each color. I will stick with the Merle liner/lipstick pencil duo in the future. Those always last for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by blondgypsychick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I just got it in Hussy, a great red that does not turn orange like most other reds. The pigment is wonderful, and stays on very nicely, all day even after drinking and eating.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

Really liking these. I have in Bear Hug (a slightly shimmering tan nude-MLBB) and Stolen Kisses ( a shimmering berry). The lip glazes so on sheer but definitely leaves some color. They last longer than a lip gloss and aren't as goopy, but the finish is similar-glossy. They are similar to Revlon's lip butters but MN have a better feel, and much more pigment. They are also much more expensive. I bought Bear Hug a year ago for $16 and use it almost everyday and am only 1/4 way into it. Last week I bought Stolen Kisses for $21.50 and a different Merle Norman Studio (Palm Springs) so the prices vary greatly from Studio to Studio. Most all of their products are similar in price range to Clinique. Because they do last a long time, I will invest the money and buy again vs, the drugstore lip butters. Plus the silver tube is really classy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

i have luxiva lip glaze in berry jubilee, bought from a merle norman shop for around $15. i got 10% off for purchasing with cash instead of any other way so that was cool. drugstore lipsticks are crap, and they cost half as much as one of these, so don't be afraid of the price, especially if you can find your color cheaper online. never thought i'd fall in love with myself in a lipgloss/lipstick hybrid, i'm usually anti-lipgloss but this is perfect. my color, which was the darkest of the lip glazes, i think of as a cheaper, way better dupe of urban decay's oil slick. i imagine this color would look good on anyone, but just to note, i am a warm-toned asian-caucasian girl. i normally hate glosses for their stickiness, but this is not tacky at all, my hair doesn't stick to it. it's the softest lipstick i've ever felt, and you can make it go from sheer to opaque. either way, this compliments the '90s goth look i'm going for, or if you just love the dark lip trend going on for fall. i can't speak enough about this, i can't stop looking at myself, i'm so happy with this purchase and may look into merle norman some more. also i am always licking my lips, yet this stays on. it has lasting power like no other. i bet you could even glide this over any color. and this is moisturizing. even though i lick my lips, i actually haven't since i put it on many many hours ago. but when you want it off, it comes off in one single swipe with a square of tp. :> put anything you want underneath, chapstick, lip primer, whatever, you will love this. no scent, no taste, i have hope for lipsticks again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in in Bronze Satin, a fairly well-pigmented brownish read sheer color with fine shimmer. It has a minty taste that is mild. It is moisturizing and does not bleed. The case is very elegant and closes with a soft click. Like most sheer lipsticks, it fades a bit too quickly, which is why I would not rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cflah3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found the perfect shade in Bare Hug. It really is MLBB. Very natural looking for everyday in the office. I find that it seems to dry out my lips, which surprised me since it is supposed to be lip balm-like. I just need to apply Carmex (or other lip balm) in the morning as I get in the car. By the time I get to work, it has soaked in and I apply Bare Hug.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like these, they seem to make the lips look a little bigger without the goopiness of a lipgloss. My favorite is Juicy Secrets, a peachy-pink, but I went back today and bought Stolen Kisses and Date Night for the fall season. Very much like Clinique's Buttershine - the Merle Norman store is closer to my home when I don't want to drive to the mall.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by fragilesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this shade in Pillow Talk. I like that it's a hybrid between a lipstick and a lip balm. It's very moisturizing and sheer, but doesn't disappear from my lips. I love wearing MAC's Enchantress lipglass over it, or just on its own. It's the lipstick I carry around in my purse.