August 21, 2014 | 1304 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Fairytale Life Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by annetick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Something about this palette just makes me feel glamorous. Maybe it's the sparkly black case or the deeply pigmented shadows, I just don't know. I was a little nervous when I first saw the dark blue sparkly shadow and the glittery lip glosses, but when I actually tried them on, I found that these shades were all very wearable. It's easy to use this palette to create a really dramatic look, but a lighter touch makes these colors suitable for day. This is my first Lorac purchase, but I will definitely be exploring their other products as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by aterrebonne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Perfection in a palette! This is one of the very best palettes I have ever owned. The eye shadows are oh so gorgeous and they are silky smooth and glide on like a dream. Both blushes are beautiful and very natural looking on my skin (medium pale). I really like both of the glosses, even though I am really more of a lipstick girl. The only thing that I don't like about this palette is the glittery outside. I get chunks of black glitter on my hands while handling it. That's really not a big deal, though. I have used this palette everyday since I recieved it for Christmas. That's how much I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by carrotcake

I got this palette for Christmas. Oh my gosh it is SO PRETTY! I love the colors of the ES--colorful but sophisticated, and they glide on like a dream. The pink blush is very pretty, and I actually use the tan shade as a bronzer (I'm P-A-L-E pale). The pink gloss is very wearable for everyday. The rosey gold has a little too much shine for my taste for daily wear, but would look nice on specal occasions or for going out (like I "go out" any more, lol). The mascara is the only disappointment as far as the makeup is concerned, and the packaging, while very petty, will drop black glitter all over your bathroom counter. This is my first LORAC makeup, and I definitely will be returning for more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by flossfairy

I went a little palette crazy this season and almost eliminated this from my FF order. I'm really glad I didn't. I find myself reaching for these gorgeous shadows daily. The variety and the layout of the shadows is really appealing. All the shadows make my green eyes pop. Even the reddish plum, which is a color I tend to stay away from, for fear of looking bruised looks beautiful. They're all nicely pigmented and have beautiful shimmer. I like the rose blush (nice color, goes on nicely), but haven't tried the tan shade. I like that the lip glosses aren't in pots. I tend to ignore the lip glosses in palettes, but these lip glosses have made their way into my bag for nights out lately. The mascara is OK. I found the formula to be a bit dry. The palette itself isn't really portable, even though the packaging looks nice on my bathroom counter. This would be a great introduction to LORAC with all the different products featured.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sumoliver

I love LORAC's eyeshadows! I have this palette along with the croc palette and I don't think i'll need to purchase another eyeshadow for a LONG time. The glosses are great too! The only downside is the bulky box it comes in...just stinks for storage and traveling. But all in all, this is a terrific value and I'm so glad I purchased it! I will probably get it for my sister too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Many MUAers were debating between purchasing this palette or Tarte's We Wish You Wealth set. As someone who puchased both (and wound up returning the Tarte palette), I can assure you that Fairytale Life is far superior. The amount of product you receive is quite generous and the quality is unmatched. The eyeshadows alone are well worth the price of this palette; every shade is gorgeous and true to color. This is definitely the best value of the season and a wonderful gift for yourself or others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is absolute gorgeousness in a beautiful black box. When I first received this, it was truly like opening up a gift. The box itself is kind of clunky, and I dont' see travelling with it much, but the product inside is the real gem!

The colors are so great, and like what I find to be typical LORAC product, the shadows are so silky and soft. I don't find much glitter (at all!) but there is a sheen to them. LOVE it! I just put on the greenish color, and it made my hazel eyes really a gorgeous grayish color! I didn't think I'd care for the lip polishes, but they are both very wearable, w/o being too frosty! The right blush is beautiful on my skin!!! I seriously can't stop looking in the mirror.

Overall a GREAT product for the value!

GET IT!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by mmm12

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is jam packed with lovely colors and they did not comprimise quality!

COLORS: Shadows: light buttery highlight shade , light khacky, champagne, silver, taupe, olive w/ gold shimmer, deep burgendy w/ shimmer, navy w/ shimmer. Blushes: golden w/ shimmer, dusty rose frost. Lipglosses: multi-color heavy shimmer in a warm pink, light golden shimmer in a medium rose. Mascara: basic black.

PROS: Beautiful shades, wonderful quality, smooth texture, high pigmentation.

CONS: I personally hate the packaging. It comes in a flip top box w/ mirror holding the powder products w/ a bottom pull out drawer for the glosses, mascara and mini-brush.

OVERALL: Such a terrific deal considering all you get for the cost. Shades are gorgeous.

PRICE: $52.00 USD exclusive to Sephora. ($195 value)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 4:40:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Wow! The reviewer below said enough. This kit is really worth the price you definately get what you pay for and the quality of the products are really good. It comes in a nice box that is perfect for storing things. It's pretty compact and comes with amazing, soft, pretty eyeshadows. They all blend well and go together well. I would recommend this to anyone it looks cute and is good quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! is all I can say for this amazing palette. I chose this over Tarte's We Wish You Wealth Palette. Fairytale Life is perfect for the girl who wants class, sophistication, yet fun in her life. The texture of these shadows are amazing, as are all of Lorac's eyeshadows. They are silky and slightly creamy. The pigmentation is great. What you see the color as is what you get. The eyeshadows range from highlighting colors, neutrals, plums, greens and blues. I purchased this palette because I was swept up with the georgeous jewel toned colors and well as the richness in the blushes. The blush colors are a neutral and a rose. All with just a slight shimmer. I also like the fact that in the bottom layer you get 2 lipglosses, a mascara and a brush. The lipglosses aren't overly sticky, and you can see the hints of the color, which is nice over a good lipstick. All of this is cased in a beautiful black box with black adornments.

Taken from the Sephora website:
Fairytale Life ($195 Value)
What it is:
A makeup kit showcasing LORAC's Fairytale Life Collection, a range of radiant, enchanting hues.

What else you need to know:
A Sephora exclusive, use LORAC's Fairytale Life Collection to create the look you've always dreamed of. This limited edition palette will turn any Cinderella into the mesmerizing princess she is meant to be!

Set includes: Eight radiant LORAC eye Shadows: Star (Warm Beige Shimmer), Princess (Frosty Taupe), Rich (Light Khaki Shimmer), Jade (Green Shimmer), Glitz (Pink Champagne), Glam (Plum Shimmer), Elegant (Silver Crystal Shimmer), and Stunning (Navy Shimmer), 0.49 oz. each, two dazzling Blushes: Dream (Tan Shimmer) and Fantasy (Rose Frost), 0.3 oz. each, two sparkling Lip Polishes: Fame (Cool Pink Shine) and Fortune (Warm Rosy Shimmer), total 0.25 fl. oz., a Lotsa Lash Mini Fiber Mascara in Black, 0.12 oz., and a double-ended Eyeshadow/Liner Brush.

The price of this is only $52. When you think of everything that you get, this is a steal. I can't wait to start really wearing these colors for the upcoming holiday season. This set is the ultimate in class.
continued >>