Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all, i would buy this mascara again and that's a big step for me. I have never bought the same mascara twice. I'm also looking forward to try more mascaras from Max Factor.

It's just a perfect mascara, the packaging makes it look much more expensive than the pricetag. So, i have naturally long lashes and my requirement on a mascara is that it must give me more volume, more lenght, more thickness and also be super-black. I want more of everything really! And yes, this mascara does the job so good, specially for the price. It's easy to work with and it also has my favorite brush, big, thick and NOT plastic! Stays on all day and don't irritate my eyes!

Pros
The price
The result
Good for sensitive eyes
The packaging
The brush

Cons
Nothing!

**UPDATE**
I still really like it but i noticed that during the day it start to crumble.. I won't buy it again and give it 4 lippies instead of 5.

on 3/4/2015 3:47:00 AM

Having been looking for a new mascara, I took to the Internet to find out what was worth the time and money. Safe to say, make up is like anything else and varies depending on the person. So I figured I wanted volume, length and definition. I was torn between 2000 calorie and false lash effect, and in the end went for 2000 calorie.
How glad am I?!? It's only taken 2 layers, which I would do anyway, and I have gorgeous full, thick black lashes. I'm so impressed words can't even express. It's not waterproof, and I am prone to the old panda eyes, so we will see how I get on during the course of the day, but so far, I love it. Also, it has a bit of a weird smell, kind of like liquorice, but it's not overpowering. Classic brush, easy to apply, looks great. I'm definitely converted from the other high street brands.

on 2/8/2015 4:06:00 PM

I used to love this mascara. There was a time when I went trough 5 in a row. The only bad thing about this is, that it's not waterproof.

on 1/27/2015 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Before MF reformulated mascara and also launched new packaging it was one of the best mascaras for me. Long lashes, volume, staying power etc. However after they made these changes I tried it twice I I just can say: no way

on 1/18/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not the best I have ever tried but decent.
Can no longer find Max factor anywhere. So sad. It is such an iconic brand.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was my very first mascara! I was about 13, and ooh, it takes me back... At the time Titanic was hitting cinema's and makeup artists explained how they created the naturel, flawless look on Kate Winslet, using only Max Factor products. I was hooked! I bought the brown version, because according to mommy "black is too harsh on your fair skin" :)
The bristle is classic and gives a nice volume and a bit of curl. It doesn't dry instantly, so just wait a couple minutes before you decide to blink, or sneeze! That's about the only negative point this mascara has, drying time.
Anything other than that, this is a nice basic mascara. It doesn't give me a false lash effect (if you layer it like a 13 year old girl it might) but it's a very nice basic mascara that does the job.

on 11/25/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

nice mascara

on 10/27/2014 3:12:00 AM

I have used this mascara for 4 years now. I have sparse, short Asian eyelashes that point downwards and no other mascara has done it for me. This mascara gives me both length and thickness. It does not clump and separates my lashes even after several coats (you need to add more coats while the previous coat is still wet though).

It does take a while to dry so I tend to apply it before I put on my concealer and then I gently curl after it dries. I find that it doesn't hold well if I curl first since the formula doesn't dry quickly. It holds perfectly after that and my lashes still feel soft. Plus.. you can actually SEE my eyelashes! It doesn't flake at all and does not run when it gets wet unless I rub my eyes. Even on my bottom lashes, it holds up well even when I've been sweating for hours on the dance floor and even through training sessions. But at the same time, it is so easy to remove and comes off completely if I just gently rub my eyes in the shower. I love it so much and I hope it never gets discontinued!

on 10/22/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have Asian lashes and this mascara did not hold up a curl at all. However, it did volumize my lashes and the mascara is easy to remove and feels good after application. However, for the price (CHF 18.90). I would not buy this again.

on 10/5/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best mascara I have ever tried!

Popular Mascaras