Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

on 2/8/2015 4:06:00 PM

I used to love this mascara. There was a time when I went trough 5 in a row. The only bad thing about this is, that it's not waterproof.

on 1/27/2015 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Before MF reformulated mascara and also launched new packaging it was one of the best mascaras for me. Long lashes, volume, staying power etc. However after they made these changes I tried it twice I I just can say: no way

on 1/18/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not the best I have ever tried but decent.
Can no longer find Max factor anywhere. So sad. It is such an iconic brand.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This was my very first mascara! I was about 13, and ooh, it takes me back... At the time Titanic was hitting cinema's and makeup artists explained how they created the naturel, flawless look on Kate Winslet, using only Max Factor products. I was hooked! I bought the brown version, because according to mommy "black is too harsh on your fair skin" :)
The bristle is classic and gives a nice volume and a bit of curl. It doesn't dry instantly, so just wait a couple minutes before you decide to blink, or sneeze! That's about the only negative point this mascara has, drying time.
Anything other than that, this is a nice basic mascara. It doesn't give me a false lash effect (if you layer it like a 13 year old girl it might) but it's a very nice basic mascara that does the job.

on 11/25/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

nice mascara

on 10/27/2014 3:12:00 AM

I have used this mascara for 4 years now. I have sparse, short Asian eyelashes that point downwards and no other mascara has done it for me. This mascara gives me both length and thickness. It does not clump and separates my lashes even after several coats (you need to add more coats while the previous coat is still wet though).

It does take a while to dry so I tend to apply it before I put on my concealer and then I gently curl after it dries. I find that it doesn't hold well if I curl first since the formula doesn't dry quickly. It holds perfectly after that and my lashes still feel soft. Plus.. you can actually SEE my eyelashes! It doesn't flake at all and does not run when it gets wet unless I rub my eyes. Even on my bottom lashes, it holds up well even when I've been sweating for hours on the dance floor and even through training sessions. But at the same time, it is so easy to remove and comes off completely if I just gently rub my eyes in the shower. I love it so much and I hope it never gets discontinued!

on 10/22/2014 2:29:00 PM

I have Asian lashes and this mascara did not hold up a curl at all. However, it did volumize my lashes and the mascara is easy to remove and feels good after application. However, for the price (CHF 18.90). I would not buy this again.

on 10/5/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best mascara I have ever tried!

on 9/19/2014 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use this mascara more than 25 years ago and it was the best. No exaggeration from my part. When Max Factor left the USA market several years ago, we lost this wonderful product. We also lost the pan make up and powder and the magnificent white creamy eye concealer in a tube
It is a wet one and it could be compared to the L'Oreal Voluminous
I like the thick brushes
Was glad to hear that many people are lucky to use this now

on 9/18/2014 11:47:00 PM

I've used this mascara since I started wearing makeup, I've tried all the top brands as well but always go back to this. People have literally stopped me in the street to ask me what mascara I use. Firstly their black/brown colour is perfect for those with pale skin and hair. It still looks black, but is ever so slightly warmer so it just works on so many levels. It is a volumising mascara so in the first few applications it can sometimes clump a bit, to avoid this I clean the brush with a tissue before I use it just for the first few days and never ever use the side to side action when applying. I've never had any irritation from it apart from the few times I've poked myself in the eye with the brush. The best thing has got to be the price, at around $25AUD and as little as $15 on sale (which is often) you cannot go wrong.

Top Rated Max Factor Products