Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara was just another meh one. Nothing impressive about it to make me want to buy it again. I used it for a couple weeks and then went to another mascara.

One of the best already 15 years. Right now I have and I have used Lumenes thickening one (in purple jar), but this one did wonders with my lashes. I do not need any lenghtening or making curls, just thickening. With this one my lashes are like false ones (they really are good even without mascara): black and long. It definetly must be not waterproof. Just it happened some years ago that it became expencive and it dries out much quiker than it did 10 years ago.

It was my favorite mascara for years and then they went rogue....so where are you buy it at? I hesitate to purchase mascara on Amazon. Clearly there is some that is ANCIENT no doubt as the packaging reflects that someone has had it in their cabinet for years and years. Where do we purchase the 2000 Calorie Mascara, that is the real deal for less than $10? I can't seem to find a store locator on theri site, just a lot of history lessons and bad make up tips.

Help is appreciated!

This used to be my favourite mascara when I was a highschool student. I recently came back to it in my quest to find the perfect mascara. Ahh nostalgia...this stuff was magical to me back then. However, a decade of trying everything out there convinced me that there are better mascaras on the market. This one makes my lashes look like spider legs (I bet that's why I loved it 10 years ago though!) and I'd go for something more natural looking.

I'd read a lot of reviews regarding this mascara and was sad to find out that Max Factor was no longer available in the States. So I turned to my trusty plan B: Amazon. They had it, I ordered it and I love it! It makes my lashes long and is easily buildable without the dreaded clumping. The opening is fairly tight so you don't end up with all that extra product on the wand. Lasts all day and washes off easily. I've tried the high end mascaras as well as the drug store brands and this is one of the best I've tried. If you order from Amazon it doesn't come in the usual packaging but in a plastic bag. Be not afraid....it's from a bulk package and it's the real deal!

It lengthens and thickens the lashes nicely. It didn't clump or flake. I used this for a couple months as my everyday mascara with no issues. Although I cannot really complain about the formula, I wish they had a wand that would help lift and fan out the lashes!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This simply isnt a good or impressive mascara

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Totally worth the money!

This mascara is terrible. I have full and long lashes so I do not really need special treatment for my lashes but this mascara is not even close to a great mascar, as many women would say. I bought it based on recommendations and reviews, but I definitely made a mistake. It has quite dry texture and I had clumps already in the first week of using it. It is not even black, but rather dark grey on my lashes and gives no volume, lenght nor anything at all. There are so many much better mascaras on the market. I definitely won't re-purchase.

This is still my HG mascara, 10+ years after I first tried it. I was very disappointed when Max Factor pulled out of the US, because I have yet to find a readily-available mascara that can match it. I've tried just about every drugstore brand and a few higher-end brands. I've tried just about every mascara in the Cover Girl line (which is, like Max Factor, owned by Procter and Gamble), in the hopes that I can find the same formula in a different package. Nothing makes my fine lashes look as full and natural as 2000 Calorie.

What's so special about this? It doesn't clump. It gives a lot of volume with one coat, and lasts all day. It doesn't smell, doesn't smear, and the brush is just right. It doesn't give the false eyelash look, but more of a "my lashes but better" look. The black isn't too harsh or too pale.

I wish P&G would consider bringing this back to the US market. I do stockpile these when I travel internationally, because it's worth it to me. This is worthy of the cult-like following it has developed.

Popular Mascaras