October 2, 2014 | 1357 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Mary Kay - Targeted Action Eye Revitalizer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Kaalahm

My mother is a Mary Kay consultant so I get this product for free. On my budget I would probably not purchase it on my own. However, it feels great and works great me for me- after the first two weeks I saw a big difference in my under eye circles and color- it definitely lightened my under eye color, which was grey-ish. The smell is weird but really not bad. I put it on before bed after moisturizer every night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by amarock

When I first used this, I wanted to re-wash my face to get rid of the stink! It seriously smells like pickled cat pee. I've been wanting to use this quote, so here it is - the smell is equivalent to the review of 30 Rock's Jack Donaghy Estate wine; to quote: Donaghy Estates tastes like the urine of Satan after a hefty portion of asparagus. LOL!

So why the 3 out of 5 rating? Well, it actually works pretty well - but for a very specific task for me. When I first got it, I tried it just for my under eye area for dark circles. It didn't do much so I stopped using it (the smell also deterred me). Then I read a review from the cosmetic cop, calling this product just a combination of film-forming agents (she rated it a sad face). So I thought, maybe this would be good for my eye lids to help with puffiness instead. I don't suffer from puffy under eyes, but I have small eye lid creases and if they get puffy, the creases get all wonky in the mornings. So I gave this a whirl applying this at night, and it does something magical where my eye lids are not puffy and look great in the mornings! The product is a one-trick pony for me though - I just roll the metal roller straight on my eye lids (holding my breath), smooth it out with my ring fingers and that's all I use it for. The smell does dissipate by the time I go to bed (I've never heard a comment from my SO) - and I can detect more of a citrus-y undertone now that I've been using this for close to a year.

The product is a milky gel like consistency with a metal ball applicator that's hassle free. I've not had it leak or not dispense product (I do store it upside down now that I'm getting low on the product). There is a cooling sensation which feels great especially on a hot summer night - the product dries without any residue. Given that I only use this on my eye lids at night, the product has lasted me a good while. At this rate, I'll probably need to buy just once a year which is not bad. It costs $45 CAD for 10ml. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by shellbales

Yes, the eye revitalizer stinks, that is clear! But, it is due to the ingredient ORANGE PEEL, that is what smells. I can handle the smell just knowing that it is only from an orange. Also, your MK consultant should clearly explain, in addition to the cause of the odor, that it takes 2 weeks to see a noticeable difference in your eyes. I do like this MK product for my eyes, and in comparison to other eye products out there, I don't think it is overly priced. Consultants should be more educating to their customers so they can understand the product's benefits and ingredients, etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by awdorkable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have struggled with having the worst dark circles under my eyes and my Mary Kay rep raved about this product, so I decided to give it a try. I opened it up and rolled some under my eyes, it felt nice and cool but then the smell hit me and I almost threw up! It smells and looks like BILE. I was actually mad at my rep for selling this to me (she said she used it and got fantastic results) but she never mentioned the rank smell. I also didn't notice any results, and I couldn't get over putting something that resembled stomach contents on my face. Waste of $45!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by DivaDove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought mine was from a bad batch or had gone rancid, judging from its nasty funky smell! Now I see that it's supposed to smell like that--eww. On top of that, I saw absolutely no results from this product either. I was rather disappointed, because some of Mary Kay's other products are great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for quite some time, and yet absolutely no results. I have dark under eye circles, which is why I got this in the first place. Because of lack of sleep I happen to get a lot of puffiness as well.

My circles have not been affected at all, and are still as dark as they were when I started. I know this for a fact because I took before and after pictures. When asking several people between pictures (which I took to see if this worked) every single person thought that my eyes looked better and more hydrated when NOT using this product.

Not only that but I'm shocked no one commented on the rank scent. It smells like skin care products that have gone bad with a slightly sulfur smell, I asked a representative and actually checked out my friend's moms same eye cream....yeah all the same smell.

Also the packaging is horrendous. The roller ball yes, its great to take down puffiness....if it actually worked. The ball after some time of use starts to come out, which ended up spilling product everywhere. And when you are paying $35 for an eye cream, you would actually like to use it all.

I would not mind this had it not been for the fact that this did not help on any level. Did not take down any puffiness, does not help with dark circles, and it smells disgusting to the point that if you put it on other people can smell it. Most definitely not worth the money. I wish I had followed the advice on here instead of the representative, HUGE mistake

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by markgirl91

I am a beauty consultant and I hate this product. It does nothing for my eyes and it smells like cat pee with a hint of citrus yuck!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by turdsmalurds

I sell MK and decided to see if this stuff would help with my puffy eyes in the morning. I didn't notice any difference and it SMELLS LIKE BELLY BUTTON LINT! I'm super sensitive to odors, and I just couldn't take it anymore.
I'm sure it's actually supposed to help more with wrinkles/thin skin, which I don't have yet, but... I hate the puffies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MissxCindy

I like the refreshing feeling it feels on my skin, but it has a really weird scent to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2009 3:57:00 AM More reviews by rosec239

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

omg yuck! my dog threw up a couple days ago. I got this stuff today and it smells like his throw up! eww i cant put this on my face. no way eww.