August 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Two Way Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by torifernando

PROs
The skin tone matching is better than most brands.
I love the silky-matte finish after application and that it's not too heavy.
Easy application. The sponge is easy to clean.
I didn't break out and no allergies though I have really sensitive and oily skin.

CONs
It transfers too easily, I pat my face with a facial tissue and voila! It's gone!
I'm naturally very oily and the temperature here in the Philippines is also not helping at all but I believe it made my skin even oilier. My face would be like a giant oil blob in just a matter of minutes. Yes! Minutes, not hours.
My casing broke after just being able to change one refill. It just won't lock anymore and I don't even open it like all the time.
It's a bit pricey given that there aren't too many good things about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got mine in G5 which is the darkest tone in the series in SG. I would say the coverage of it is light to medium, its fine with me though. I def, prefer it to be applied with water as the powder is really fine and look cakey and like im pilling up powder on my face which is totally not pretty. I realised that applying it with a wet sponge is the best and i love it. My skin feel smooth and silky after application. I will not use a brush to pick up the product as the powder are really fine that it will 'waste' my product if you get what i meant :) I love that it comes with SPF :) I love that the colour suits me real nicely, its kinda hard to find a suitable tone as im tanned skin. I suggest you to buy the powder itself before getting the casing so it wont be a waste of $ :)
It is retail for SGD$33 i think if you got it with the casing, i got mine in a promo with the limited edt cover so it was much cheaper $20+.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by lxbrittin21

Well I've been oily all my life and powder foundation including mac's mineralized skin finish natural which is highly raved don't give me the coverage i want. I've stuck to liquid foundation all along but recently decided that blotting 10x a day is just not the way to go.

Switched up to this powder foundation and am quite pleased. It's not a HG due to the medium coverage, but it does cover more than many other powder foundations that i've tried. It will do for most days when I'm just out and about or going to work, just not for events or other photo-taking opportunities because of the insufficient coverage. After using this, I realized that all along, I was so oily simply because of liquid foundation. Have been feeling much happier these days due to my much less oily face!

So the things I don't like about this would be:
1) the sponge. this is a personal preference I guess. I find them very unhygienic. Plus i'll have to get refills. However, I tried using my TheBodyShop powder foundation kabuki but it doesn't seem to grab on to enough product.
2) Price. Not the best pricing for a drugstore product
3) transfers quite easily. It's the sort for which you'll definitely have to wear your dress before applying. a light brush and the product is transferred.
4) coverage is still inadequate for me.

What I like:
1) Pretty packaging.
2) Very handy. easy to apply, not much blending needed. matches my skintone that has yellow undertones really well.
3) controls shine well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am pleasantly surprised by this. I was going out of town. and needed to pack light. So I brought this along as I couldnt be toting around my ELDW. I have never had such a great performing powder foundation before, the rest usually melts off my face in less than an hour as I have really crazy oily face and lives in a tropical weather. But this stayed on despite the fact that I was drenched in rain including my face. This also withstand gallons of sweat later on the same day and my moody oily face. And its still there. I put it on at 5 am and is still there, and hadnt budged an inch by 2pm. Wow, spectacular performance thus far. The fact that the color N7 matches me to a tee is a great bonus, I am a NC35 for reference. This doesnt leave me looking cakey either. And its really, truly great. Superbly blendable too, and the fact that this has a light to full coverage depending on your application. A star performer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by bhebeejo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this product my favorite one,i never use other foundation just l'oreal true match n7.it really blends in my skin,make me look like i don't wear any make up,i'm not just the one notice it but also my friend..10 thumbs up for this l'oreal product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:15:00 AM More reviews by walkaholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have no idea why they call it True Match. It isn't true that there is a match. I couldn't find a suitable shade. The closet shade was completely off and so I looked like I was in a Japanese Kabuki show. And in a short time, my face was an oily mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by wobblejelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Been using this for some time. The texture is quite nice and it is easy to blend. I just use this with the dry sponge after I apply moisturiser. It does provide reasonably good coverage for any spot or blemish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by DjoannaGrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a bit pricey, yes. But for me, its worth it!
Before I only used the true match powder, which is ok but not good if you have oily skin because it doesnt last long. This one has good staying power! Doesnt clog my pores, and Im glad I didnt get pimples from it so far. The packaging is great because of the large mirror like what the others said. THis is the best foundation I've tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Sythe

For a product of its price, I think it's worth the money. It blends quite well on my skin (of course not as well as Clinique for ex but pretty well) and stay for nearly the whole day if I don't go out under the sun or sweat too much. The sponge was okay-ish but I don't recommend using it. Try using a brush instead since it gives a better and smoother blend (not the slightly grainy one when used with the sponge).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by cthour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product. The packaging is great coz it has this large end to end mirror that gives a clear view of yourself. The sponge is alright and the powder foundation itself is great! I bought it in Golden Caramel and it fits me perfectly like any other true match products. Its non-comodogenic so it doesnt give me any problems like pore clogs and overall its worth it. Other reviews below mentioned that it makes them breakout. I guess it varies with different people.