NARS Ita Brush

4.6

I LOVE THIS BRUSH. It's extremely versatile for your face. You can use it to contour your cheeks, forehead and nose. You can also use it to apply highlighter on your cheeks, forehead and nose. Its big but thin enough to get big areas and small areas.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this brush is awesome for contouring and makes it a total breeze. it's extremely, extremely soft and blends out powder like a dream. the shape makes it great for contour placement, and it takes only a couple wiggles and circle movements to have a well-blended contoured face. the size is also really good for nose contouring, and blends that out easily as well. i think this is an excellent brush and worth the expensive price. it makes me want to look into more of the nars brushes!

Best contour brush ever!!!! Perfection every time!!!

With this very pricy brush,cheeks really get their shape and look good! The price is like if I would had to pay the whole price,I just wouldn't pay it.But I got it cheaper than half price.And yes,it is authentic,that I can guarantee for the review.The brush fits in my hand very nicely,it feels good.Good to use,easy to use.Actually I love it nowadays.I started to use it again after I used it for a while didn't like it too much and tried a bunch of other brushes for the contouring.Tried many brushes inbetween these using eras,for example Sigma F40,Real Techniques contour brush and brushes like smaller contour brush,angled brush...I came to the conclusion that Ita brush(I have the original version) is the best for contouring cheekbones and bronzing forehead.And for contour color I started using NYX powder blush in Taupe,also the second time I started to use it.They go hand in hand :) So,if you can afford I recommend this brush!

If you are contouring challenged you need this! I never really contoured before, I would just bronze up my face because I could never get it to look good. Then I got this and I feel like a pro, the brush does the work for you. You just drip your brush into the bronzer, line it up and wingle it to blend and BAM!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly do not like this brush at all. I gave in on all the hype and I wished I would of listened to the few 2 people that said it was an unnessesary, overpriced brush! I have used it maybe a total of 4 times and I do not like it. I feel it gives a way too thick contour and it was just too overpriced I wish I would of skipped this one. There's nothing special about this brush and I can honestly say it's one of my least used brush and I own maybe over 100 brushes. Sorry Nars because this one I regret buying.

I love this brush. I did not do much contouring before but now I feel like a pro. I just swipe under my cheek bone and blend and voila, I'm a contouring expert. I was able to contour the rest of my face with ease. It's made contouring a lot easier for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nars is really killing my wallet with their products lately lol. This brush is the only contour brush I will use anymore. It's the perfect shape. It picks up the perfect amount of product and blends out everything so quickly and easily. The other brushes I have are great for bronzing, but not contouring. They're too big and fluffy to get into the right places without being a hassle. They were workable but I'd have to be super careful to only put on the tiniest bit of product. And even then it could still come out wrong.

I'm literally incapable of contouring my nose with any other brush. Before this brush, I'd do every other part of my face except my nose. All my other brushes just left me with big, ugly, dirt steaks there. It's a life saver in that aspect. Now my nose contour looks so natural and flawless.

With all that said, I don't think it's a must for everyone; especially if you don't contour daily like I do.

If I lost or broke this brush somehow I would definitely throw down $55 for this thing. For the nose contouring alone! But I doubt it'll break because it's pretty sturdy. Just take care of it like you would any other brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the long handled version of Ita. Yes this is a beautiful brush and is very finely made, as are all the Japanese brushes, however do I consider this an essential ? Absolutely not, I bought this for the Kevyn Aucoin contour powder and this brush picks up way too much powder, hence I am wasting this very expensive make up item. I tried it with the Nars Dual Intensity blush, I liberally misted the brush with water and it worked very nicely, using dry with the same blush not so much. I will continue to use the Ita for the wet application of the Dual blushesI but I don't think this is going to really make much of an in road in my already bloated brush collection. I bought mine on Ebay for $26 and this is well crafted however at the $55 retail price it is really really overpriced. So far my favorite brush for contour is the Wayne Goss #2 brush which is sold on Beatylish.com. Happy contouring
Update: I now officially like and use it exclusively for shading colors ie.: Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium.

So I have been thinking about purchasing this brush over and over again over the years. I did not want to spend 50 (inc.P&P) on a brush. However it made me throw away all my other contour brushes. This is great for contouring, it takes it to a whole new level!

And some people say it's for professional people who do contouring however I think this is best for beginners as it gives you a precise line to work with and you do not have to worry about nothing.

One thing that annoyed me is that the bristles shed a little bit but have stopped after a few washes. Overall I'd say this is a bit expensive but worth the money and the hype!

Popular Makeup Brushes