September 1, 2014 | 969 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Singulier (Sheer Powdercreme Veil)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MarianneZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was advised to me 16 years ago and although I tried out many others during the years it stays continuously in my make-up bag. The foundation is creamy when applied and given a moment it has a matte and powdery finish. It works well for combination and/or oily skin, and I use iit especially on the humid days during summer. It also works well due to its texture after building up the layers of moisturizer and spf (cityblock).
I have always been surprised I don´t see it more often recommended on blogs or other sites and therefore decided also to write this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Lallam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really nice foundation. Matches my complexion to a T.
It has a incredible texture, it feels very smooth and leaves the skin super soft.
It is matte but not casket matte, it blurs imperfections and does not transfer. One of the best foundation I've tried so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Tirje980

I only use this foundation when my skin is in good condition. My cheeks tend to be dry and sometimes a bit flakey during winter and this foundation will highlight the dryness. It is probably better suited to someone with oily skin. However I do love the texture. It is so nice and makes my face feels wonderfully soft afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by susanna972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation - my skin kooks perfect and smooth and radiant,I have bought all foundations available from Dior to Mufe,Estee Lauder,Rubinstein,Guerlain,Clarins,Chanel,Kanebo,Lancome but none of this has ever worked for me
I have a sensitive / combination skin and Ysl's Teint Singulier keep my face perfect the whole day and it's a true pleasere for my skin,I don't even have to powder my t-zone,like I used with all the above mentioned fluid foundations.
For me the best so far

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by alexbb18

I didn't like this foundation at all. It has a nice smell and when I put a bit of the foundation on my hand it felt very nice, very soft. But once you put it on your face all magic is gone. It looks like a flour on the skin and doesnt cover anything at all. I have a pale skin but the color made me look white like a ghost. After a short time the substance was set in all the small wrinkle lines around the eyes. Emphsized all the pores. Doesn't flatter at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by jrglassroth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation I have ever liked. I used it for many years, but it is no longer available. Does anyone who also used and liked this product have suggestions for an alternative?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by llbeanpole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've hesitated to write a review for this powdercreme, but I've personally liked it very much for hot humid days and have not had any closeup pictures taken with flash photography. Otherwise, normal photographs taken with flash at a distance has not appeared to be problematic. It is scented, but I don't find it particularly unpleasant - a bit of citrus, a little rose, but most YSL products, with a few exceptions, are quite heavily scented, so I'm used to it. The reason why I'm writing a review now is that I've discovered it makes a fantastic eyeshadow primer/base. I've recently run out of my UDPP and tried several foundations as substitute, and this works out the best, better than the Matt Touch Foundation. When used on the face though, it sometimes sinks into pores, so I avoid using it over the large pore areas. I will, however, continue to use this as a shadow base as it actually works pretty well in keeping the eyeshadows on all day without creasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only good thing I can say about this foundation is that once you apply it, it really smooths well and feels great on the skin.....however, no matter how great the color match is, if you wear this and then have any flash photography pictures taken, your face looks like a ghost. This foundation totally ruined my family portraits. I swear I thought there was a problem with the lighting, but you could actually see the line where the foundation stopped just under my jawbone in the photos. I asked the SA at the YSL counter what was the deal and she told me that "this particular foundation does reflect a lot of light"...UH ya think! I've never been so embarrassed in my whole life. Everyone in my family was surprised because I never, and I mean never have a problem with foundation being lighter than my skin tone and they certainly never noticed my face being lighter than the rest of me, ever. I would wear no foundation before I left the house with a bad color match, or anything that looked unnatural. What a shame too, because I was looking for something that I could wear every now and then since I stopped wearing foundations and switched almost exclusively to mineral foundation. I have never had any luck whatsoever with YSL's foundations. I will also never buy YSL foundations again, especially after it cost me several hundred extra dollars for a retoucher to put the color back into my face in all our group portraits. I am still totally shocked that a foundation that looked and felt so amazing could reflect so much light that it made me look totally pale chalky white. Unreal. This is the reason it gets only two lippies. I guess this would be okay if you were going out in the dark and didn't have to worry about light being reflected on your face. Just beware, do not take photos while wearing this unless you want people to start calling you Casper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Fabiochanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro's:
Nice silky smooth texture that is very easy to blend.
Does not settle in to pores.
It dries up in a lovely finish not to matt
A little goes a long way

Con's:
Ok i have this in nr.1 and please who are they kidding?? this is a very deep beige color wich only blend with my skin when im really really tanned!! genneraly i dont care about smells but this is horrible!!!
And it would be nice if it would cover some flaws!!! doesnt ever cover a bit of my dark circles!!!

want to like it but can't..the color is just to horrible!!
luckely got it as a present from my sister..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by casa1021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation based on a couple of recommendations due to my oily skin and really wanted to love it. But I don't! I didn't hate it and will use it again but found that it didn't control my oil anymore than my MAC Select foundation. Plus I found the colour #3 (SA said #2 was too light) a bit too dark for me and it also seemed to wear off it patches.
So I'm still desperately searching for my HG foundation - something that will help to control my oil, give decent coverage and not wear off by morning coffee!! Suggestions would be most appreciated.
EDIT - Tried this again and even worse than I remember before - absolutly awful, looked patchy and seemed more oily very ever before! Will stick to my Revlon Colourstay - does the job more than well.