July 30, 2014 | 2111 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Colour Eye Shadow - 770 Pink Idol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have recently acquired Pink Idol along with some other older quints, and I have to say I really like it.
The reviewer below (AliceInWonderland) has described the colours beautifully, all I can add is that although the pinks/purples make me look like a have bruised eyes, I use a touch of the golden colour and my eye look is transformed. Whoever decided to include this was a genious!

I can see how this quint can be used for more everyday, softer eye looks, but I use it mostly for a sort of burgundy-pink, dark but not night-out look. I always use an eyeshadow base (TFSI) so please keep this in mind when you compare longevity. Here's the look I do, incorporating all five colours:

1) I use the centre pink all over my lid, stopping at the crease.
2) Line my upper lid with a warm brown pencil and smoke it out with a pencil brush.
3) Go over the line with the bottom right shade and also do the outer V and a thin crease line with this colour.
4) "Smoke" the crease using the upper left colour and slightly bring it towards the brow.
5) Use the upper right shade to bring light under the brow and blend the edges of colour, also use near the tearduct to brighten.
6) Use the barest hint of the lower left golden shade where shades from steps 4 and 5 meet, to add warmth and cancel out the "bruised eye" look. It really works!
7) With what's left on my pencil brush I lightly line the outer 2/3rds of my lower lashline, then add a very thin line of the golden shade on the inner third. Add more white, where needed.
8) Use a brown or burgundy mascara.

And that's it! Beautiful purplish-pink eyes that are neither bruised nor boring.

I have rated the packaging 4 because it is good, safe and I can actually use the included brushes in an emergency (like being in a hotel and see you have forgotten your regular brushes back at home) to get decent results.

The price is a 3 for me. Yes, the original investment is high but these shadows will last a long time because so little is required each time.

The overall rating, now that is a dilemma... I have many Dior quints that I would not hesitate to rate them 5 (this one included) but I have Dior's eyeshadow duos were the quality and pigmentation is beyond words! I do rate the quints 4, because this is how I interpret it: since Dior has the know-how to make and release e/s in the superb quality of the duos, then I can compare the quality of the quint e/s to that. It's the same company, the same product, at the same time. So although the quality of the quint is beautiful and so beyond that of many other companies, for a Dior product is a 4 - or, if you prefer, a 4,5.

Would I buy again? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by mintyeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my all time favorite eye shadow palette! It has gorgeous shades tha t I could use everyday. It has shades that I could also wear during nights out. I really like the gold color it comes with. You can create subtle eye looks to pretty decent smokey eyes with this palette! This was my first CD palette and I love it! Definitely would repurchase pink idol again after I run out but a palette does last you quite a decent amount of time. I like how the shadows are so pigmented and smooth! They dont crease at all on my lids because usually my asian oily lids tends to make eyeshadows crease on my eyes, but with these shadows they stay put for good! I'm glad these were the first shadows I tried because I love the pigmentation and texture! Definitely would repurchase, even considering other palettes! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i love all 5-eyeshadow pallets! this particular one is great for daytime. the shadows are so finely milled and they go on so smoothly that it's a pleasure to use the product. i would buy it again if i ever finish this one coz they last forever

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by herbina77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had drooled over this a long time before purchasing it. Then my first impression was a huge disappointment. The colours seemed very sheer and not as intense as I would've thought. But now when I've used it for a few months I've started to love it. Very nice for office makeup, and I love all of the shades. In case I need more intense feeling I will add something of darker colour (brown/black/violet) to the outer v. I have also other quints: Stylish Move, Sunset Cafe and Tender Chic and like them all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Brelki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to say that Incognito was my favorite quint. This was before I met Pink Idol. I'm NC20, reddish blonde hair, with green eyes, and this palette is one of the nicest I've had. It moved easily from day to night. For an nice day look, I wear the golden peachy pink color all over my lid over Rubenesque paint pot. Then I apply the gorgeous purpley mauve in the crease. Finish it up with the whitish pink as the highlighter, and that's it. For night, I smoke it up a bit more with the purple color and apply more mascara and black liner. My DH rarely notices my makeup, but every time I've worn this, he comments on how lovely my eyes look. What a great quint! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Kajoo

At first I didn`t like this palette because it seemed to sheer but I gave it a chance and now it is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes ever.It is very dry and therefore is great for persons with oily lids,these stay all day long,it is amazing.Colors are beautiful,it is true you need to put more layers,but result is perfect.I only don`t use much the pink one in the middle,but other 4 colors are great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesn't make my eyes look swollen like some other pinkish purplish eyeshadows. For that reason, I reach for this a lot. What I like most about this is that you can create a variety of different looks with it from natural to dramatic. However, I won't buy this again because it's not the most flattering colors for me. The texture is very smooth though, so the quality is high.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I don't know why this got such bad reviews. I was skeptical of it, for sure, but the SA suggested it for me, so I ended up getting it. There are a couple of unique colors - specifically the satin-matte pepto pink color (which doesn't go on that dramatically, thank goodness!) - and the plummy dark pink with shimmery green duochrome. I don't typically wear much pinkish colors in my eye area, but this quint surprsingly looked very pretty. Like all Dior shadows, this is smooth and pigmented, and the packaging is nice and sleek. I did take off one lippie because it is pricey, and also because these aren't daily, no-brainer colors. You have to actually spend some time applying them right. Overall, I would repurchase if I finished it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To be honest, I haven't even bought this product due to it's price! But I've gone to Sephora 4 times in the last month and every time I walk out with some color from this kit. There is a golden pink shimmer that is undescribably beautiful! I cannot get enough! And all the other colors just compliment so well! This will eventually be my 5th dior quint purchase but probably my most favorite as I could wear any of these colors any time of the year - for any occasion! GORGEOUS!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Have to start by saying this quint is not getting a 5 rating because you MUST wear an e/s base.Otherwise the shadows come across as sheer chalky crap,which I find unusual for Dior shadows.However,with base this set is amazing.You get a dusty mauve that has a blue-green duochrome flash(the definite star of the quint IMO),a white that flashes opalescent pink,a medium matte pink,a golden based peach and a smokey copper infused plum.This quint is perfect on green eyes(seriously poppin')Also tried it with a few different liners( bronze,burgandy&deep purple) and it works perfectly with all three.Even though there's a bit of a quality issue,I still find it worth the $52