April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$8.99 USD at Target. Not cheap for a drugstore mascara, but I thought it did what it promised so it was worth the $. It's comparable to Covergirl clump crusher, but I think this one lengthens and separates much better. It does not add any volume, resulting in very natural-looking, long but sparse lashes on my short, straight, Asian lashes. I could feel the brush "gripping" my lashes and combing it out even in the corners.
I only use this when I want a very natural look, as my preferred look is very dramatic lashes like ones provided by my HG (discontinued) Lash Stylist. I tried it out in combination with a volumizing mascara, but my lashes simply won't work with multiple coats of mascara - it's too thin and sparse. Oh well, more opportunities to experiment with makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Senikxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It sucked when I first bought it..I mean what was the fuss about? Brush is tiny and square with only teeth on each corner..more like a comb.
So hidden in the bottom of one of my many makeup bags for 9 months.
So in the meantime have used strip lashes but ruined my own lashes. So after a break of 2 weeks. .I'm waiting for lashes to grow mascaras are meh on my lashes..until I did this telescopic mascara out..curled my lashes with the Shu applied and BAM I have lengthened lashes with a nice amount of volume. .you need to find the knack of using the teeth wiggle root to tip then use one of the flatter sides and brush through while twisting back to the teeth once you've reached the tip of lashes...really curls your lashes too!...absolutely perfect for bottom lashes. So I am going to finish this tube up and buy another and use as a good base or on its own.. patience of application is the key here..if you have spare time just have a practice. ..you might be pleasantly surprised and this is really cheap on ebay :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Eliana0923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this all the time for daily use, and for special events, I have straight eyelashes and I can usr this mascara without using the eyelash curler because it just leaves them already curled, besides that the product last forever and doesnt dry up like other mascaras, This is def. Worth the money and gives long lasting results!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love L'oreal. I always said it should be in Sephora as well because they do have some great items that are comparable. Their mascaras are awesome, but this one SUCKED! It did nothing for me but make my eyelashes look like spider legs it was horrible and it flaked. I was left with raccoon eyes when this should of been waterproof and smudge/flake proof. I will not be buying this again. I buy all mascara waterproof and from L'oreal because I wear contacts and sometimes rub my eyes or they tear. So while this mascara held up in the water department, that is about all it held up to. Their double extend mascara was better and I would recommend that product over this one. I love L'oreal mascara they truly are amazing. I have been a faithful L'oreal mascara user for years. No matter what other products I use on my face, L'oreal makes mascara like no other. But this was so far off the map that you couldn't even find it with a 'telescope'.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowuk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Really like this mascara it easy to use and the brush head is perfect for doing small intricate lashes, the mascara lasted a long time was a great colour... The only small thing I'm not too keen on is the wand head bends which I don't like, much prefer it to be solid and not move but apart from that its still one of my faves!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunky

My lashes are stick straight, but long and blonde. After curling, this mascara holds the curl in place. I come back to this one again and again. Why do I try anything else?. After this dries, I put on cover girl lash blast the yellow, waterproof one. It separates and lengthens. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this mascara in blackest black. It's not a very dramatic mascara, but it simply did what I had hoped for an everyday, for work mascara. I have been using this one pretty much all summer and it holds up well on its own in the heat and humidity, and it does not flake or smudge on me. Nothing much more to say about this, but I would consider repurchasing for a simple everyday mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I don't really understand the bad reviews about this, because this just became my HG mascara. Even more than Lancome Definicils since it's so dirt cheap and does the job even better.
It lengthens like crazy and holds a curl without smudging due to being waterproof. I think it wouldn't do much for people who already have nice, thick, and long lashes. But for my sparse asian lashes this mascara is a godsend. I get so much crazy length that I no longer resort to wearing false lashes anymore because in the time that I apply falsies I can already slap on 3 coats of this and not worry about anything falling off or peeling in the corner!

edit: I found that as the formula dried it started flaking into my eyes and my contacts cried as my vision got blurry. wish it didn't because the length it gives is so great.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Adriennem91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the worst mascara I have ever had. I am trying to find something to like about it but I simply can't. First of all it sticks the eyelashes and they look heavy and unnatural. It doesn't even make them voluminous or longer... Awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by sehartley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new holy grail mascara.im already pricing up a backup of this as I never want to be without it.i usually use an expensive designer brand.this is 1/5 of the price of my usual mascara!! And its better.i usually prefer non waterproof but I'd heard this was a great long lasting waterproof version which isn't too bad to remove.
The wand is flexible plastic, with very very short tiny plastic bristles.it means you can coat your whole lash, from root to tip without getting the product on your eyelid.
The packagings not fab, its a long telescope shaped tube in metallic blue.it could be classier?
I put one nice thin coat on and I was like 'wow!' It made my short stubby lashes look long and lush. It doesn't really add volume.im happy with that as I need length and separation.
I would put on two thin coats letting each one dry if I was going out.
I'm not a usual drugstore / chemist mascara person but I'm
Massively impressed with this.