April 18, 2014 | 1503 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Paris

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by CamillesNails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really looked forward to trying this as I am a lover of big, in your face, fragrances, if they are well done. For me, this one isn't. Just another boring floral. There are so many really good fragrances, I wouldn't waste another sniff on this one. If you love rose, consider Guerlain's Nahema or Montale's Aoud Queen Roses and leave this one on the shelf.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Paris = Roses+ Powder + Hints of Violet. It says it has orange (and a bunch of other stuff too) but I can't smell it. On the sweet side but subdued enough not to induce a headache. I wouldn't wear it every day but I would miss it if it weren't in my wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This is my favourite perfume that I have tried so far, I love the scent of roses

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for the eau-de-Toilette - I used this years ago, and when I saw it at a really good price in the airport duty free (wandering around with time to spare due to a delayed flight - an inducement to spending more money!), I decided to re-purchase. Couldn't remember why I stopped using it before. Now I've been reminded! I like the fragrance initially, but as with a recent previous reviewer, it wears off after a short while on me. So it seems like a waste now, even though the price was good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the eau de parfum version. So paris is very special to me, its what my mother wore while i was growing up in the 90's and no i don't agree this is not a grandma's fragrance at all, my mother is 43 and she still wears it! This is a very sharp perfume, very strong and flowery and i agree with some people it does have that 80's hairspray, makeup type smell, but i love it! i work for nightclubs in newcastle and EVERYONE compliments me when i wear this, it works well for clubbing as it last's all night and literally people can smell me before i walk in the room, definitely huge sillage which i love! if i'm 19 and can pull this off, anyone can! What fascinates me the most about this perfume is from first spray it never really changes, it stays strong and sharp. but honestly it really doesn't smell like a grandma type perfume, usually that's people's ignorant way of saying something doesn't smell fruity or like every other celebrity perfume out there, this is a classic fragrance, really great for nightlife/party/special occasions type perfume. I hate when i run out of this stuff, always have a spare on hand, i'm addicted and its costly lol! EDIT: Oh and by the way i just got my body lotion to match this edp and its amazing, smells very similar yet heavier rose, beautiful for layering.

EDIT 14/03/2014: If you wanna smell amazing along with the eau de parfum, have the body creme and eau de toilette on hand. what i do is spray the eau de toilette on my body, bottom of my back, behind my legs, shoulders etc. . .then lock the scent in with the body creme, then i spray the eau de parfum on my pulse points ensuring i smell heavenly until the next day. French women typically spray their perfume on dry skin and lock the scent in with their lotion, creme etc, its a classic and beautiful ritual. Now i did mention i had the body lotion in a previous review, but thats better for day wear, the body creme is so much richer and just devine, heavily scented too. A few of my guy friends recently told me my paris perfume is what they associate with good times and partying, and i love that! It's the scent of clubs, champagne, makeup, hairspray and all the glamorous aspects of life, It's Yves Saint Laurent Paris.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Was really surprised at how dissapointing this was. Maybe my skin chemistry but I found it very cloudy. I couldn't even figure out if it was sweet, powdery or floral? It seemed a wash of everything and very dull at that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love rose, and i love an edt with some strength and staying power! Although my fiance hates it, I like it quite a lot :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Toom_Snoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely a grandma's perfume, this fragrance brings you back to the 80's. All I could smell is dirty powdery smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by AnemicRoyalty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

This smells absolutely lovely and super feminine, like vintage roses. I love it.
However, just like it's counterpart "Parisienne", this wears off in about 5 minutes on me... Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't worn this for a long time but it used to be one of my favorite florals. It's a classic floral. Feminine and elegant. Best for cooler weather or evenings though because it's not really light enough for Summer days IMO. Added bonus: I was stopped in the street a couple of times by men who told me I smelled great! It's a bit of a 1980s fragrance, not as complex as more modern scents.