September 3, 2014 | 1403 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clarins - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a waterproof mascara wearer I've been using the Almay moisturizing oil remover for over 15 years. This was in a GWP set last month but I really didn't think it would remove my mascara so I was very surprised that it actually removed all my eye shadow and waterproof mascara! I put some on a cotton pad, gently let it "sit" on my lid for about five seconds then swiped it. It took off every bit of makeup!

That said, I notice that my eyes are red afterward so that's disappointing, especially since it probably cost 3-4 times a much as the Almay remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank Goodness this was a sample. It wouldn't remove sweat off your face, let alone make up off your eyes...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

They reformulated this recently and the new formula is just awful. I loved the old formula but they added some new ingredient that completely dries out the skin under your eyes. I bought this recently not realizing they changed the formula until I started noticing the skin under my eyes getting dry which never happened with the old formula. Not only does it dry out the skin, but it made it red and irritated. There is some new chemical in there that is extremely bad for the skin. I will never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank goodness I didn't buy this. It's basically as effective as using plain water to remove eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore most of Clarins skin care, so I figured a line good at stuff to put on your face should be pretty good at a product to take stuff off your face. I figured incorrectly. Save your money and look elsewhere. This barely takes off light makeup-forget about mascara or cream shadows. Stings if you happen to get too close to your eyes-not a good thing for a product designed to remove eye makeup. A cheaper, more effective alternative---baby oil (aka mineral oil). The only thing being removed is this product from my cabinet.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the worst remover I've ever tested! It was very difficult to remove such a simple things as eyeshadow and two coats mascara. I had to rub and take a lot of it so my 30 ml bottle ran out within three days, which is crazy because I tend to get along with 15-20 ml bottles eye makeup remover on a one-week trip, and then i use a drugstore brand.
Thank god I never bought it myself! I got it as a GWP when my mum and I ordered some Clarins products online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Why does this have to be so expensive? It does such a lovely job of removing my eyemakeup and soothing this area so beautifully! Soak a cotton bud, hold it over the eye and all the makeup just melts of with no tugging or rubbing and it doesn't sting my eyes. Such a shame. I am tempted to repurchase but it is so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I find this effective - it does the job in removing my eye makeup without upsetting my eyes. However, I do not wear alot of thick makeup as I once did. I wear a light foundation, little powder, concealer, some shadow, liner & a little mascara. Occasionally I will wear an eye base as well and this product removes most traces of it all, and it does it gently. I have tried other eye makeup removers (Pharmacy & supermarket lines) but keep returning to this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by fauxproduits

I've always been reluctant in using anything around my eye but since I started noticing some under lines and dark circles, i decided to give it a try. I wanted something from a good brand so, i went for Clarins. It does the job perfectly and for a couples of week i was happy with IT except that i started noticing that my under eye area was getting drier and drier even though i was using an eye cream (clarins balm) afterwards. Panicked, started going for the firming eye cream and the night cream and all those good stuff. My face overall was brightening but my eyes area refused to budge and now i was having double wrinkle besides the natural one, showing whenever i will smile. I became so frustrated and decided to read every single ingredients of all those products. Almost dropped dead when i saw that the eye make up remover i so loved, contained ALCOHOL..NO WONDER. We ladies should all know that alcohol is the number 1 no no when it comes to facial products,any, and even body sometimes. I am so dissapointed, instead of curing i made it worse, now i have to pay the price and go around trying to find a firming eye cream or whatnot. I trully hate when people put money before welfare. I learned my lessons: READ THE INGREDIENTS and don't trust the beautician she will tell you anything to get IT out of her inventory.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Does not remove makeup very well, and I do not wear a lot of eye makeup. Also feels sticky. I love Clarins products but this is not good.