April 17, 2014 | 1394 users online

Treatments - DERMAdoctor - Ain't Misbehavin' serum

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I've only been using this half a week along with the Ain't Misbehaving Cleanser. I feel like the cleanser is the main thing that's working on my skin. I'm gonna use this another month or so and see how it works for spot treatment and prevention. I'm interested in their sulfur mask too. And also in Kate Summerville's Eradikate spot on treatment. A lot of people said that helps cysts and is less than half the price of this... so we'll see.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Chalk me among the enthusiasts of this product. It's really, really good. In spite of my venerable age, I still get the occasional breakout. I rub this on the pimple tow or three times a day (also under MU) and it's pretty much gone overnight. It works even better than retinoid.

I clean my skin as usual. Then I pick a small dot of this with my pinky and patiently and gently rub it on the pimple till it's all absorbed. Works like a charm. Unfortunately, it's absurdly expensive (hence one lippie off). I was lucky in that I got a very generous sample of this from the SA at Sephora, but I think I will actually invest in this excellent product. One bottle should last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by spacegirl64

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first MUA review. I am writing it because, for me, this is my HG (Holy Grail, no one ever tells you what that stands for) acne product. About 2 years ago I started breaking out like crazy. I am 34, with very oily skin, but never had problems with acne or blemishes. Not even in HS. But something happened and my skin went nuts. It was horrible. I tried so many things to fix it. Products, facials, a Jessner Peel. Nothing worked. Then a friend suggested this product. It saved me a trip to the dermatologist and it saved my sanity! It is somewhat pricey at $48 but on skinstore.com and beauty.com you can sometimes get 20% off. And this product lasts me about 6 months. So it's totally worth it. I use it before I put my make up on and then again before I go to bed. I started to cut back to using this once a day and almost immediately I started getting zits again. So, now I am back to twice a day. I highly recommend this product!! Note: I always cut the top off to get the last remaining product out. I like the dispenser because it only gives you a small amount but a good amount stays in the tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Stinger Alert! I have super-oily, sensitive, rosacea and acne prone skin, but at 40+ cannot use many acne tx products designed for teenagers. I tried this as I was looking for something different. I've used it for almost 2 weeks now, and have run into a problem which may prevent me from using it for a month to see if it works, which I try to do before making any conclusions: Burning and Stinging! Alcohol is the 1st ingredient, which should've tipped me off, but I thought, well its' formulated by a dermatologist, it is described as non-irritating - maybe they used a form of alcohol that does not burn? Wrong. Stinging not at all 1st time, then each time I used it the burn got worse. Some people are not "stingers" - this product may not bother them. I am a stinger, and I find that when something stings, it just gets worse, and then my skin starts to get red, and then inflamed, and I end up with worse acne and rosacea. I haven't stopped using this yet, as hope springs eternal, but probably will soon. Other than burning alcohol, the pump design pkg works well, it's an easily spreadable gel, it does not seem to help w/ shine (not mattifying for me), and it has a strong, alcohol/medicinal smell. I have not noticed any improvement yet in my acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by manlhk

I had used 4 bottles of it. I was very disappointed because I did not see any result, I still breakout as usual. I gave two points for two reasons, one is that it is a very moisturizing serum, and two is that it did not cause my skin to peel though I used it every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a total miracle worker for my skin. I had been using the Ain't Misbehavin' Cleanser and it helped clear up my hormonal breakouts, but I would still get whiteheads on my chin. GROSS.
So I went to my DERMAdoctor store and picked this up and I haven't had a single blemish. No whiteheads, nothing. This stuff was the real kick in the pants for my skin.

I used to use it 2x a day all over my face, but recently I've only been applying it to my chin & nose (where I tend to break out) and so far it's been as awesome as usual. It's pretty pricey, so anything to stretch it out helps!

Just to see, I stopped using both the cleanser & serum and replaced with Purpose (which I use in the AM) and sure enough I could feel a pimple welling up within two days or so? So I got back on the wagon and that pimple was obliterated.
As much as I love the cleanser, I want to see if I can use Purpose & the serum only and see how it fares. Will update as soon as I know!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by sugardust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK. Where do I start. I read all of the good reviews on this & I really wanted this to work especially for the price. This was a Very Expensive mistake for me. $45 from Sephora. This product did nothing for my acne. The smell of it reminded me of Tequila. It stung & irritated my skin causing my acne to get worse. I will NOT buy this again. Some products work for some but no others.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by dadadida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin was packed with comedones, especially on nose and chin area. After using this product, I saw improvement day by day and finally it cleared up my skin in about 2 weeks. But, the drawback is when stop using it, all the nasty black and white heads are back, so this is something you'll get addicted to .

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by iloveluigi326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product to treat the blackheads I've had on my nose and chin since I was about 12 (I'm 24 now). I keep on trying everything, trying to find a solution. This was not it. I used this product for a straight month with no results whatsoever. All it left me with was flaking, peeling skin. I am very unimpressed with all of DermaDoctor's products and will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was on my Christmas list this past holiday, so my BF, sweet as ever, got it for me...and I ended up returning it last week to Sephora. It didn't really do anything for me, other than make my skin feel tight. It does sink in right away, but for $45.00 and its not doing anything other than that, that wasn't enough to warrant me keeping it. The bottle and dropper can be messy too - I accidentally ran the dropper down the inside of the bottle opening while trying to get it back in there, and the serum ended up running down the outside of the bottle, so you do have to be careful of that.
I ended up ordering Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid instead and that is so much better, and a fraction of the cost!