October 25, 2014 | 967 users online

Treatments (Face) - DERMAdoctor - Ain't Misbehavin' serum

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a disappointment.
Looking at the ingredient list, the product looks fantastic (2% SA, green tea, ac.net) -- plenty of actives. Results-wise, I cannot see an improvement in my skin. I think the problem is either that the pH is too high, or perhaps it needs more alcohol and less glycerin. It is definitely gentle (no irritation/burning), but I think perhaps too gentle. Also, I am not sure if it is the glycerin or the overall formulation, but several hours later my skin becomes slippery/oily. I hope/trust this is not due to excess oil production, but I am not sure.

Also, they really have a lot of nerve suggesting on the packaging that you apply the product 2-3 times a day. For crying out loud, it's $50/ounce. Why not just make it a bit more potent so people can see results with once-daily application?

I will be contacting the company to let them know this was poorly executed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect2690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have consistent acne, so if a product I buy for my acne thats exactly what it should do. This did NOTHING for me. not only was I getting breakouts i was getting huge cysts (not my norm). The tube is so small for such a big price tag. The Sephora Associate convinced me this would definitely do the trick and boy am i disappointed. This also did not mix well with anything. If i put sunscreen, primer, anything on top it would crumble and create white balls all over the place. On to the next product...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I've only been using this half a week along with the Ain't Misbehaving Cleanser. I feel like the cleanser is the main thing that's working on my skin. I'm gonna use this another month or so and see how it works for spot treatment and prevention. I'm interested in their sulfur mask too. And also in Kate Summerville's Eradikate spot on treatment. A lot of people said that helps cysts and is less than half the price of this... so we'll see.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Chalk me among the enthusiasts of this product. It's really, really good. In spite of my venerable age, I still get the occasional breakout. I rub this on the pimple tow or three times a day (also under MU) and it's pretty much gone overnight. It works even better than retinoid.

I clean my skin as usual. Then I pick a small dot of this with my pinky and patiently and gently rub it on the pimple till it's all absorbed. Works like a charm. Unfortunately, it's absurdly expensive (hence one lippie off). I was lucky in that I got a very generous sample of this from the SA at Sephora, but I think I will actually invest in this excellent product. One bottle should last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by spacegirl64

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first MUA review. I am writing it because, for me, this is my HG (Holy Grail, no one ever tells you what that stands for) acne product. About 2 years ago I started breaking out like crazy. I am 34, with very oily skin, but never had problems with acne or blemishes. Not even in HS. But something happened and my skin went nuts. It was horrible. I tried so many things to fix it. Products, facials, a Jessner Peel. Nothing worked. Then a friend suggested this product. It saved me a trip to the dermatologist and it saved my sanity! It is somewhat pricey at $48 but on skinstore.com and beauty.com you can sometimes get 20% off. And this product lasts me about 6 months. So it's totally worth it. I use it before I put my make up on and then again before I go to bed. I started to cut back to using this once a day and almost immediately I started getting zits again. So, now I am back to twice a day. I highly recommend this product!! Note: I always cut the top off to get the last remaining product out. I like the dispenser because it only gives you a small amount but a good amount stays in the tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Stinger Alert! I have super-oily, sensitive, rosacea and acne prone skin, but at 40+ cannot use many acne tx products designed for teenagers. I tried this as I was looking for something different. I've used it for almost 2 weeks now, and have run into a problem which may prevent me from using it for a month to see if it works, which I try to do before making any conclusions: Burning and Stinging! Alcohol is the 1st ingredient, which should've tipped me off, but I thought, well its' formulated by a dermatologist, it is described as non-irritating - maybe they used a form of alcohol that does not burn? Wrong. Stinging not at all 1st time, then each time I used it the burn got worse. Some people are not "stingers" - this product may not bother them. I am a stinger, and I find that when something stings, it just gets worse, and then my skin starts to get red, and then inflamed, and I end up with worse acne and rosacea. I haven't stopped using this yet, as hope springs eternal, but probably will soon. Other than burning alcohol, the pump design pkg works well, it's an easily spreadable gel, it does not seem to help w/ shine (not mattifying for me), and it has a strong, alcohol/medicinal smell. I have not noticed any improvement yet in my acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by manlhk

I had used 4 bottles of it. I was very disappointed because I did not see any result, I still breakout as usual. I gave two points for two reasons, one is that it is a very moisturizing serum, and two is that it did not cause my skin to peel though I used it every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a total miracle worker for my skin. I had been using the Ain't Misbehavin' Cleanser and it helped clear up my hormonal breakouts, but I would still get whiteheads on my chin. GROSS.
So I went to my DERMAdoctor store and picked this up and I haven't had a single blemish. No whiteheads, nothing. This stuff was the real kick in the pants for my skin.

I used to use it 2x a day all over my face, but recently I've only been applying it to my chin & nose (where I tend to break out) and so far it's been as awesome as usual. It's pretty pricey, so anything to stretch it out helps!

Just to see, I stopped using both the cleanser & serum and replaced with Purpose (which I use in the AM) and sure enough I could feel a pimple welling up within two days or so? So I got back on the wagon and that pimple was obliterated.
As much as I love the cleanser, I want to see if I can use Purpose & the serum only and see how it fares. Will update as soon as I know!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by sugardust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK. Where do I start. I read all of the good reviews on this & I really wanted this to work especially for the price. This was a Very Expensive mistake for me. $45 from Sephora. This product did nothing for my acne. The smell of it reminded me of Tequila. It stung & irritated my skin causing my acne to get worse. I will NOT buy this again. Some products work for some but no others.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by dadadida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin was packed with comedones, especially on nose and chin area. After using this product, I saw improvement day by day and finally it cleared up my skin in about 2 weeks. But, the drawback is when stop using it, all the nasty black and white heads are back, so this is something you'll get addicted to .