April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Becca - Pencil Sharpener

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can't agree more with the previous reviewer. This is the WORST pencil sharpener ever. The parts holding the sharpeners are loose, so the pencil twists the sharpeners against the casing as you try and sharpen them. It also doesn't sharpen very effectively. You get half sharpened pencils and breakage. I wish I could find a sharpener to take its place. I didn't find any drugstore sharpeners and the Sephora duo sharpener doesn't work either. In the meantime I have to use Mustique sparingly - and it's so lovely!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does not come boxed like most Becca products, instead it was in a cheap plastic thing that does not protect it at all. It's a double ended sharpener, big side for eye liner, small for lip liner and opens in the center to empty. My first one came and the two pieces would not stay together so a mess in my makeup drawer was sure to follow. I called Sephora and they said this was not normal and they sent me another one that was still not great but it did not fall open as easy. When I used this POS on my Mustique liner it felt very grabby and not smooth like the NARS sharpener I had been using. When I pulled the liner one it had eaten up 25% of my pencil! I was so mad. Yes it did give more of a semi pointed tip than the NARS but this was not right. I tried the broken one I was sending back with the same results. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS OVERPRICED AND DAMAGING PRODUCT!!!!!!! You will be very unhappy to with the results. I called my friend who had purchased one as well and was too late to warn her, it ate her Mustique liner too. Just pass on this. Terrible, terrible product.

UPDATE- Becca is remaking their sharpener and will come out with a replacement product at some point.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No