December 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Sunscreen - Avene - Avene Eau Thermale Very high protection Tinted Cream spf 50 Sensitive skin [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Theofano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having my struggle with oily sunscreens, BB creams with not enough SPF, a pale face that would appreciate some colour on it and ending up with layers of creams and products on my dry skin, I decided to go back to basics. I had previously bad experience with tinted sunscreens which were very dark for my fair skin but I gave it a chance and gained a wonderful new friend for my skin.

First of all let me clarify that I have very dry skin, so I always need a day cream before any product which I guess dry to normal skins could avoid. Most of the times I don't have breakouts or spots so I don't need heavy coverage.

Living in super sunny Greece and having fair skin, I learned to appreciate the high SPF. But the plus of this product is the shade: even it is a shade darker than my colour it blends so well, gives a sun kissed undertone, it makes my face look more vivid taking out its paleness and gives a natural look. Even the shade is a bit darker than my natural it does not come in odds with neck/bust skin tone. The second plus is that it is a very good base, does not go into pores or fine lines on my face, doesn't feel heavy and unlike BB creams it stays on the whole day without wearing out. Regarding the water resistance, I had a small experience and I saw that water slides off like oil but I cannot say how it applies on the beach... normally it would be o.k as well.

Reading other reviews I was hesitant to say if we speak about the same product (a photo would help)... but maybe oily skins have a different reaction to this product.

In conclusion, high SPF, wonderful shade, good base, natural look, long lasting effect, good enough hydration, smooth in fine lines and just one product in the morning ...by this point you can all guess I will buy this product again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by LadyOttawa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed. This product goes on thick and heavy looking unnatural. It can be blended out (though this is easier said than done as this product is sticky), but more blending means a thinner layer which means less spf protection; which nullifies the reason for buying this protect in the first place.
The product offer only 2 colour choices, both look like putty.
I no longer use this on my face, but it works well on hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by AliaGhobash

the product looks good on my olive skin tone , it is very oily on the downside . but the color is very pretty ! i use this as a replacement for foundation/ bb cream . it feels kinda sticky . i wouldn't wear this in humid weather ever ! or else you will feel like a grease monkey ! but if you live in europe for example this product will stay on well( i know from personal experience) . i live in dubai , so i don't even go outside because of the humidity . if your looking for coverage , i don't recommend it because this sunscreen is very sheer . it just gives you a healthy tan glow .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by FabCo

I bought this on a sale looking for a tinted sunscreen that would cover my sun spots and keep them from darkening.

I like the peachy color that manages to cover the spots without making them look ashy and gives an all over nice sunkissed glowy complexion applied just on the cheeks and nose.

I dislike it is not easy to apply at first because it kind of dries and leaves a film, therefore, cannot be layered or set with powder; you need to rub it until itīs fully absorbed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by iris0906

I've been using the Avene emulsion for so many years and wasn't planning on changing any time soon. But since I switched jobs, I noticed my skin becoming dry (I used to have combination-oily skin). The change must be due to age and the controlled temperature and humidity at my workplace.
Anyway, since Avene was working very well for me, I tried looking at the other formulations. The beauty consultant recommended the tinted cream and I'm happy with it so far. It seems too orangey-pink out of the tube but blends quite well onto my medium fair asian skin. The tint also evens out my skin nicely without looking like make up. It also serves as a light moisturizer to my skin and solved the dryness.
I can't imagine using this on a day out since I'm scared that my skin might oil up in the humid SG weather. I might try it once though - maybe with some finishing powder. I also took one lippy off because some tint transfers to my clothes. Nothing horrible though.
I'll most probably buy this product again but I might try the mineral cream formulation first.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have dry sensitive skin and never found a nice sunscreen, then i came across this one. to my surprise, i found negative reviews on this sunscreen.it comes in a 100 ml tube, and when i squeezed it out, it looks like a pale warm peach color and when i apply it on my face, it has great coverage and correcting properties. i went on so many days without wearing actual foundation but this, which is a rare thing, as i love my liquid foundations. and one more thing i like about this is that, whenever i wear any sort of foundation, my face was provoked to produce oil around my t-zone,however, when i only wear this, it stayed( coverage and nice look) all day, from morning 1 am to 8pm, merely amazing. sometimes i would wear foundation on top and they work very nicely together. i can not be more satisfied with this product. i know that the fact that is not transparent bothers some people but not me. the tint is actually very productive. it covers, it corrects, and blends like no other sunscreen can do. however, i can see if you are not fair, you would found this tint to be too light for you. so the only down side i say, is that this product is not universally feasible. i am an Asian, having dry, sensitive, fair skin. i usually use the lightest or the second lightest yellow shadow in almost any foundation lines, for reference, MUFE HD 117/ face and body 20/ guerlain beige pale/ revlon cs buff/ rimmel 25 hours 100. i love this and i would definitely repurchase and recommend to anyone who has the similar skin tone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by taylim

I got this hoping it would protect my skin. It is waterproof but it leaves my skin with a oily greasy shield and my flyaway hair sticks to my face which is rather annoying at times. I think I would have appreciated the high protection level it is giving but at the end of the day, after I have my face washed with a face cloth followed by a liquid cleanser, I could see my pores clogged with both white and black blackheads. Although the tube states it is non-comedogenic.

It did not helped my pigmentation issue, although I carry an umbrella and splash the sunscreen on my face which leaves a terrible white tint my pigmentation is still growing. I am still searching for a sunscreen that is non comedogenic that has no alcohol, fragrance free who needs parfume on your face which I believe is the number one cause for pigmentation and non-greasy, is that too difficult to ask?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would not have tried this based on these reviews, esp since I would have to buy it online, but I just happened to spot it wandering around the airport the other day. I tried the tester on my hands and it didn't seem that bad so I bought a tube. It blends well on my face and doesn't sink into pores/lines like other thick physical sunscreens. It's for the fair-skinned only though. The tint looks a very pale orangy-pink out of the tube but it blended ok on my fair skin & was just slightly whitening but not ghastly, definitely wearable. For reference Elta Physical is perfect on me so this may work for those who are too pale for the Elta. Some of the below reviews make me wonder if this is the actual sunscreen that was being reviewed. For Africans only?? wht! this is very pale, like a pastel. And as far as the reviewer who says this is intended to be mixed with their other ss and that this is dark?? It's definitely not dark and not intended to be mixed since this is all physical for sensitive skin so it doesn't even make sense that it should be mixed with one of their chemical sunscreens. If the other tinted ss out there are too dark for you give this a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by sissy20allen

What can I say about this product?It's the most awful thing I've ever used.My dermatologist recommended it to me in order to conceal my acne spots...Not only it didn't cover my spots at all but also it was so oily and was giving my skin a very ugly shine especially at sun.As far as colour is concerned....just an orange thing which can be used only by africans.It creates a horrible mask effect.I was walking on the street and everyone was laughing at me.I can't forget this feeling...In order to keep on using it I decided to put a light powder on so as to neutralize colour and shiness.It worked I can say but coverage wasn't so good and it caked up on my skin.After a few uses I left it on my draywer and a few months after I dropped it in rubbish.I would NEVER use it again despite if I wanted to laugh or go to carnival xD AVOID this product and keep your money for something that worths...Try it only if you have dark and very dry skin but don't hope to marks coverage.Especially if you have circles it's gonna make them look much more worse!It didn't worth a penny of the money I gave.....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by haveaguinness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On me, this was laughably awful, one of the worst facial sunscreens I've ever tried. Other reviewers have noted the bizarre Silly Putty color. This stuff went on chalky and streaky and, in mild humidity, began to run down my face in rivers before I was half done putting it on. I immediately wiped it all off with a damp paper towel, which was scarily easy to do- how can a sunscreen protect you from the sun if it won't even stay on your face for two minutes? A helpful MUA'er told me this makes a good SPF hand cream- haven't tried it for that yet- but I wouldn't count on it protecting your hands, or anything else, for very long. Bad.