April 16, 2014 | 1397 users online

Self Tanners - Garnier - ambre solaire express spray bronzer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Blondie4ever

I had it on a sale for 50% off! That s why I tried it, after the shower, I first used some coconutoil for my feet, toes, nails, between my fingers, fingertips, little on the knees and ellbows, so that here would be no stains! Than spray everywhere, and not a oompa loompa look, just a nice tan. After spraying, even my face, I rubbed the product where it was wet in so that I would have zero streakes, and that worked, after that washed my hands. Always spray not too much. Better is to do it daily until you think its right for you! In the end, a super tan, definitely NOT orange, but nice bronze. LIKE LIKE LIKE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by NatashaJ27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I'm usually not a big fan of fake tan but I would definitely buy this again!
Pros: cheap, easy to apply (aerosol) makin it fool proof with no streaks, good colour and very natural looking
Cons: a little bit smelly but mild compared to some!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Colour
Application
Smell
Price

Cons:
Slightly orange
Quantity

Conclusion:
I love this, I thought the aerosol was an amazing idea. I've always wanted to try this type of product (ModelCo, L'oreal) but was afraid it would be a mess, but it was awesome. After exfoliating and moisturizng I sprayed this stuff all over while in the shower and like the can said in 3 hours I had colour. Although it is a little orange I still love it. It smells more like fruity tanning lotion than self tan. I've done 3 full applications head to toe and there isn't much solution left already. But this is a great product if you need a quick deep tan that's virtually idiot proof. I would buy it again if this product was available in Canada, but I still prefer lotions and gels because you get more applications.

Alternatives:
Although I have yet to try another aerosol selftan I'm going to assume that the L'oreal Sublime Bronze must be just as good...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

OMG !! this is seriously one of the worst self-tanners ive used.

im a pro in applying but this one CANNOT be applied evenly, it STREAKES like hell and gives me aN original oompa-loompa style.

no no no.

DONT BUY .. please.

how oily can a self-tanner be ?

PS : it stinks like +?%=(

better choose ++++ sally hansen especially for body self-tanner ++++.

has some good reviews in MUA.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has given me a very realistic tan, that fades realistically and lasts well. Fast acting and realistic. Cheap too. I really like it, but I cant see it anymore on the supermarket shelf.

I think that Garnier's self tanners are good, have bought the same thing in a cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2007 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Sophaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am rubbish at fake tans normally, but find this aerosol almost foolproof. I do still end with the odd bit that is slightly darker than the rest, but when it only takes three minutes to do my entire body, I'm happy. You do need to smooth it over to ensure an even colour (Boots cotton gloves stop your hands getting orange) & it doesn't dry in a minute - more like ten. Using gloves also stops the bottle getting slippery. However the colour does come up within an hour or so on me, I can do my back with it & it leaves my skin very silky feeling. The smell is pretty strong, but if you do it before you shower, then it's ok.
EDIT: The last few times I've used this I noticed that it seems to have almost no effect on my legs, other than collecting around the cellulite! Not good. One lippie removed.
FEET! I have heard a couple of people say the bottom of their feet turned dark orange after using this and they couldn't figure out why...quite a lot of the product drifts down onto the floor, and you then paddle in it completely unawares whilst you spray! Wear trainer socks! Do legs last then nip into the next room and finish off feet with a light spray from miles up in the air. Only way to avoid Oompah-Loompah soles!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 5:38:00 AM More reviews by playgiirl12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

hmm.. ok. this is what i use when i dont have enough money to get a better tanner. the can drives me crazy! gets all slippery when your using it. The color is acceptable but i find i look a bit yellow. but that always happens to me. i have yellow undertones in my skin. dont know if that has anything to do with it. but probably. It takes a while to dry but i have never got a streak from this which makes me happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kolokithaki

I'm amazed at the bad reviews! This is the easiest fake tan I've ever used I have repurchased several times. I use the 'no streaks' variety. This dries in seconds and you can dress afterwards without bit staining your clothes. Easy to apply, the spray really is multidirectional. A very natural looking tan on my already dark complexion. Well priced. Everything you could possibly want in a fake tan. The downsides are the smell (but I've never used a fake tan that doesn't smell, and the staying power is not the best (only lasts around 3 days on me). I've tried loads of others but always come back to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by iluvcharles

Yuck, this self tanner is bad! I'm already quite dark naturally and this turned out orange on me, which doesnt happen with any other self tanners I use. I do like the spray can it comes it though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one is the WORST self tanner I've ever tried. Really. Even Nivea's was better.

Reasons why it sucked:
1. That horrible smell - just gross. A bad mix of apricots and alcohol.
2. It rubs off on everything that comes in contact with skin, towels, clothes, sheets etc.
3. The color just looked fake, too yellowish-orange.
4. Steaks easily and is VERY runny.
5. Too long drying time.
6. Also drys my skin out. I guess it's because of the high alcohol content. (and dry skin+self tanner is the worst combination)
7. It's not easyer to self-tan your back, becauce you still have to rub it in. So that "multi-position spray" is just ad, nothing more.

My verdict: The best exapmle of a crappy product.